• Please log in to reply
1001 replies to this topic

#901 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:00 PM

Imo, the sharks will always be the sharks, lucky sometimes, but forever losers. The wings had a strong game, and I thought for sure it was going to go into OT, with wings ontop. Its only 1 game, and it was an away game.

GO WINGS!

#902 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

I'm not usually one to ***** about missed calls, but Franzen's trip (which should have been a double minor for high sticking) was a game-changer.

Going from a 2 min PK to a 4 min PP would have made a huge difference.

#903 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Only when we acquire Crosby.

Although we came close last year against the Hawks in that game where Kronwall was kicked out and we scored 3 quick goals.

I had that game in mind too once we went down 3-0.

I wonder how this board would handle a trade for Crosby. Would be quite entertaining I imagine. :lol:

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#904 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

The Wings ALMOST pulled this one off. Looking forward to game 2. :)

#905 Christoph

Christoph

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

A goal and 2 asst by a murderer who should be in jail, or dead. Lets see, get drunk, kill my buddy, make millions of dollars and play for the Holy Grail. Wings owned this game until refs fell for the two DIVES. Can the Wings EVER get a fair game called for them? f*** refs, f*** SHarks, f*** Heatly the murderer...

Can you drop the stupid murderer BS already?

http://www.washingto...1-2005Feb4.html

He pleaded guilty and would have gone to jail. Snyder's father asked that he not get jail time. Also he had been drinking but was not intoxicated.

And what does this have to do with hockey?

#906 moefolds

moefolds

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

I'm not usually one to ***** about missed calls, but Franzen's trip (which should have been a double minor for high sticking) was a game-changer.

Going from a 2 min PK to a 4 min PP would have made a huge difference.

Totally Agree worst call of the playoffs so far and a huge game changer. Could have been 3-3 instead of 4-2 if we had a 4 minute power play.

#907 Namtaru

Namtaru

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

I think after a couple days rest and a talk from babs we will come back to detroit 1-1

Not quite worried just yet

#908 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

What's up with us losing game 1's all of a sudden?

I don't like this starting on the road thing.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#909 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:08 PM

It's like I'm really watching a game from two weeks ago, with the Wings getting assf***ed by a blown high-sticking call in a Game 1.

How completely obnoxious. It's one thing to lose fair and square, it's another to have a call blown so badly and it ultimately proving to be the difference.

I guess the good things are Franzen and Pavel were great tonight. Though in order for the universe to achieve balance, Flip played possibly his worst game in the NHL.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#910 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

Really can't be mad with anything except the first period.This game was a lot more important already for SJ then the Wings. Blowing a 3 goal first period lead to an opponent with only one day of rest after a grueling 7 game series on your own home ice with what looked to be biased officiating would really have been a monumental failure.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#911 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

This was more than a bad loss, IMO. We weren't just outplayed, we were overpowered. They had something like 12 or 13 SOG during the 3rd, we had 4. They just sat their fat asses in our zone and took shot after shot after shot.

Better not see that during Game 2.

I agree. Mostly, anyway. The Wings were pretty good most of the game. They were pretty bad in the 3rd. There's no excuse to be outplayed like that. Well there are excuses, I just choose not to believe them. When the Red Wings actually show up, they win. They took most of the 3rd off tonight, and that's the biggest part of the loss I think.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#912 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

What's up with us losing game 1's all of a sudden?

I don't like this starting on the road thing.

Well maybe it's a good sign since the Wings lost Game 1 against the Sharks in 07.

#913 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

you guys are starting to sound like the coyotes fans blaming officiating :o

This was indeed one of the worst reffed games yet this season. Unf***ing believable. :ranting:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#914 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:14 PM

I agree. Mostly, anyway. The Wings were pretty good most of the game. They were pretty bad in the 3rd. There's no excuse to be outplayed like that. Well there are excuses, I just choose not to believe them. When the Red Wings actually show up, they win. They took most of the 3rd off tonight, and that's the biggest part of the loss I think.

Didn't have enough rage.

#915 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

i might like to see flip z cleary. but then bert is useless on the 4th line

#916 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:16 PM

Are you blind or deliberately trying to mislead people? Franzen stuck his stick right in behind Sets right skate, which is why he fell down. My suggestion to you, buy a DVR player so you can watch it again. mkay

Whoopzee. You kind of missed the stick in Franzen's face, huh. Wow. Maybe you don't know everything?

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#917 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

I don't know that I've ever felt more confident about a series after losing a game -- let alone game 1 -- but there ya go. I think the Wings are the better team. If they just get the special teams working at an average level, they'll be fine.

#918 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:18 PM

We are NOT going very far in these playoffs with Howie, I've felt this way since he was the #1 goalie. We need Ozzie in net or we are golfing for a very long season. How can you give up 3 "F"ing goals in 1:19?

#919 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

We are NOT going very far in these playoffs with Howie, I've felt this way since he was the #1 goalie. We need Ozzie in net or we are golfing for a very long season. How can you give up 3 "F"ing goals in 1:19?

Posted Image

#920 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:20 PM

I know Doc. It's unfortunate. I once got tripped from behind chasing a guy down and as I was falling I had one hand on my stick and basically clubbed the guy over the top of the head. Of course I got called for it even though I was on my side basically when I made contact. I guess it was just blatantly obvious. I can see how they missed the stick to the face. But the blood should've given it away. My guess is they didn't see it so they can't call it 30 seconds later just b/c he's bleeding.

Both teams are diving around and flopping around. Z tried to draw a call a few minutes earlier along the boards as he felt like he got hit up high and threw his head back like JFK. He's trying to get a call. They're all trying to get a call.

My only beef with the refs is that alot of this is ticky tacky. It's round 2 of the playoffs. Let em fight through it.

Who? The refs? I think NOT.