• Please log in to reply
1001 replies to this topic

#921 Ant Low

Ant Low

Chances Make Champions

• PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

We are NOT going very far in these playoffs with Howie, I've felt this way since he was the #1 goalie. We need Ozzie in net or we are golfing for a very long season. How can you give up 3 "F"ing goals in 1:19?

Get the f*** outta here. Everybody said the same s*** at the beginning of round 1 and then when Jimmy was back on his game everybody jumped back on his nuts.

Alot of you need to stop being so f***in negative.

#922 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

Everybody is saying that the Wings are the better team. That doesn't mean much to me because the Wings were the better team last year too.

#923 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

We are NOT going very far in these playoffs with Howie, I've felt this way since he was the #1 goalie. We need Ozzie in net or we are golfing for a very long season. How can you give up 3 "F"ing goals in 1:19?

Posted Image

Edited by scottj, 29 April 2010 - 11:27 PM.

#924 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

The Sharks D aint no where near as mobile as the Yotes was. Need to capalatize on this. How about bringing up another guy with blistering speed, may be a gamble but you never know. Sit Drapes and give Mursak a spin, Drapes isn't getting any PK time at all and hardly any ice time. Mursak brings the speed with the scoring touch, ( no flaming please ) Helm as C with Mursak and Eaves as the wings?

Edited by Andy Pred 48, 29 April 2010 - 11:27 PM.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#925 Buck Gravy

Buck Gravy

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:27 PM

I think we should give credit to the Sharks. They found a way to win the game with an incredibly inspired 2 minutes of play and a 5 on 3 goal. That being said, I feel really good about the Wings chances since they rarely have lapses like they did tonight. Let's hope we can chalk tonight's loss up to fatigue, travel, etc.

#926 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

WINGS IN 6

Never been so optimistic after a loss.................. GO WINGS!

#927 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:29 PM

I kind of expected the Wings to lose this one. Neither team looked overly sharp, and the Wings in particular looked like they were still in Phoenix for 1:19 of the first. The officiating was inconsistent, but Franzen getting 2 minutes for holding while catching his balance after being highsticked in the face was unreal. That being said, the Wings can't expect to spot San Jose a 3-0 lead and go 0-5 on the PP and give up goals on 2 of 6 PKs and expect to win.

Some bright spots: Cleary and Franzen look like they've finally come to play (yes, Franzen has points in every game, but we need him to score goals, and he looked dangerous tonight). Nabby looks very beatable. The Wings had the Sharks chasing them around for much of the game. I think a couple days to rest and refocus, and the Wings will have a good game 2. Go Wings.

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#928 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

Everybody is saying that the Wings are the better team. That doesn't mean much to me because the Wings were the better team last year too.

My confidence in the Wings being the better team extends only as far as a game 1 loss.
If we happen to lose game 2, then I'll go run in traffic.

Please win game 2.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#929 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

Get the f*** outta here. Everybody said the same s*** at the beginning of round 1 and then when Jimmy was back on his game everybody jumped back on his nuts.

Alot of you need to stop being so f***in negative.

Why don't you wake up and watch those goals again, every goal he gave up a mite player could have stopped. I guess your a "big" man cause you can swear like a big man on the internet. You just don't want to know the truth that howard is NOT a playoff goalie and we are using him like one. If shane doan was in the last series we would have lost in 6 games.

Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie

#930 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:36 PM

Why don't you wake up and watch those goals again, every goal he gave up a mite player could have stopped. I guess your a "big" man cause you can swear like a big man on the internet. You just don't want to know the truth that howard is NOT a playoff goalie and we are using him like one. If shane doan was in the last series we would have lost in 6 games.

Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie sucks Howie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#931 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:36 PM

Dont worry. We will get them Sunday. Officiating SHOULD be better and lets have faith in our team. Go Wings!

Good night everyone.

Gotta be. Can't see how it could be much worse! :cool: But I am keeping the faith.

GO, WINGS!!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#932 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:37 PM

Posted Image

I agree with you. That is where Howie should go and Ozzie comes in to play

#933 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:37 PM

congratulations sherwood... your reputation is now "retard" for 99% of this forum

if you honestly think ozzie is gonna be better then howard then... then, well... f*** it

Edited by scottj, 29 April 2010 - 11:38 PM.

#934 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

Hahahahahahaha, you're funny. Please, continue to post. This stuff is absolute gold. :thumbup:
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#935 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

Whoopzee. You kind of missed the stick in Franzen's face, huh. Wow. Maybe you don't know everything?

I would definitely like to see a vid of that posted here. I've replayed it a dozen times already on the cable box, but haven't yet figured out how to post it here.

A player must have control over his stick at all times, but that's not as hard and fast and technical as it sounds, and there are obvious exceptions (as when taking a shot). That particular loss of control, if it could even be called that, was the inadvertent result of a penalty already made against Seto by Franzen.

Franzen tripped Seto's right skate with his stick. Clearly. Seto went down as a result, his stick low, blade up, but it was low, parallel to the ice, and not in motion. All of that was Franzen's doing. Franzen then lost his edge in the process and he too went down. Seto's stick did not come UP into Franzen's face; rather Franzen's face went DOWN onto Setoguchi's stick. Franzen could have just as easily fallen and gashed his face on Seto's skate, and there would have been no penalty called for that either. Nor should there have been.

A High Sticking penalty was obviously intended to keep players from swinging their sticks HIGH and wildly into other player's faces, and that is what they must have control over. The real loss of control in this instance was on Franzen's part, because that stick was not moving so much as Franzen's face, in a downward falling motion that Franzen had caused in the first place.

#936 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:40 PM

My confidence in the Wings being the better team extends only as far as a game 1 loss.
If we happen to lose game 2, then I'll go run in traffic.

Please win game 2.

You better grab a map and find a nice busy intersection to run into then. Take Howie with you.

#937 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:40 PM

I am assuming your are just antagonizing everybody, because you sound pretty stupid...

Even though we lost, It looked like, besides that terrible 3 goal span, the wings carried the play... optimistic about game two, especially since we will be more rested... Howard will lead us!!!!!!!

#938 DirtyD

DirtyD

One fast move or I'm gone

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:41 PM

congratulations sherwood... your reputation is now "retard" for 99% of this forum

if you honestly think ozzie is gonna be better then howard then... then, well... f*** it

I'm just pissed that he's soiling the good name of Stepbrothers in the process.

Posted Image

#939 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:42 PM

You better grab a map and find a nice busy intersection to run into then. Take Howie with you.

If running in traffic let's me meet Jimmy Howard then I'm down for that.

He can stop traffic too, so no big deal.

Edited by crotty99, 29 April 2010 - 11:42 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#940 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

I honestly have never felt this good after a wings loss. We came back from a 3-0 deficit. We looked fine. All we need are out special teams to step it up, and if Howie stops that 5-hole, were going to OT right now. WE ARE FINE, and WILL WIN THIS SERIES

I felt the same way during the game and feel even more calm now that it's over. They came out and played their asses off, considering the fact that they had a 48-hour turnaround. The Wings withstood a real onslaught, not only from the three goals, but the refs too. I'm proud of the way they played for most of the game. I still think the Wings will win this series.

Cleary's in the game now, and so is Franzen. The Wings can DO this. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.