• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Sharks 4

Rate this topic

Guest scottj

I just think that it's funny how it was the second time a red wings player got cut by a high stick n then we got the only penalty (or none were called at all) for it twice within 8 games

This is correct. Some Sharks fans are defending the terrible no call but just wait until something like that happens against their team. They'll be complaining about it just as much, if not more.

I do enjoy some of the Sharks fans on this board. Some of them are very respectful and intelligent and reasonable and I hope they stick around for these GDT threads.

The trolling ones can just get the f*** out. Haha

I think most Sharks fans appreciate good hockey, and the Wings are the model franchise. I don't think there's a better club year in and year out, with as much dedication and intelligence.

I still want the Sharks to win, but any fan of the Sharks has to appreciate the Wings. Not just because of the similar styles of play or the coaching connection, but because more than any other team the Wings have schooled the Sharks. When the Wings win against the Sharks, it's usually with a simple game played perfectly. It's usually clear and undeniable, with only a few exceptions where one could whine if so inclined. And the Sharks are smart enough to go back to the drawing board and get ready to try again.

It's pretty clear that if the Sharks want to be the best, they have to beat Detroit. Getting lucky isn't going to be enough, and a hot goalie won't pull them through a mediocre game, they all need to rise up and play their best game in order to have a 50/50 chance.

That's pretty cool.

I'm sure I don't speak for all Sharks fans - there are plenty of people who just want the cup, no questions asked - but to the ones I know, the Wings are the best team in the league.