• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Hart Trophy Nominees

Rate this topic

Would have wanted to see Bryzgalov instead of Ovechkin, but this was expected I guess.

I obviously hope Sedin wins it, that would be huge, but I could see Crosby taking it mainly because Malkin had an off year.

My choices would've been:

1. Crosby

2. Miller

3. Sedin

Sedin is still 1/2 of a duo, so I don't understand if he wins it. Ovechkin missed too many games. Malkin was injured so that speaks for Crosby winning it. Miller was spectacular too, but a goalie won't win it.

Crosby meant the most to his team. I don't have the numbers in front of me but just look at the amount of points he scored compared to the rest of his team then compare it to henrik and ovie. I don't think a goalie deserved the hart this year, none were dominante for enough of the season. I'd give Crosby the hart and henrik the Pearson.

Crosby meant the most to his team. I don't have the numbers in front of me but just look at the amount of points he scored compared to the rest of his team then compare it to henrik and ovie. I don't think a goalie deserved the hart this year, none were dominante for enough of the season. I'd give Crosby the hart and henrik the Pearson.

Are you just referring to the ones nominated? Because if so, fair enough... imo, it's a shame Bryzgalov wasn't nominated and should have probably actually won...

1. Crosby

2. Miller

3. Sedin

Sedin is still 1/2 of a duo, so I don't understand if he wins it. Ovechkin missed too many games. Malkin was injured so that speaks for Crosby winning it. Miller was spectacular too, but a goalie won't win it.

Are you forgetting when Daniel was injured this year and missed something like 17 games? Meanwhile Henrik was still able to lead the league in scoring during that time, never slowing down once. I think this alone proved that Henrik is not simply "1/2 of a duo".

I hope Sedin wins it.

Are you just referring to the ones nominated? Because if so, fair enough... imo, it's a shame Bryzgalov wasn't nominated and should have probably actually won...

Nope I don't think bryzgalov was good enough statisically for it. Not to mention I believe the hype about him carrying Phoenix is not all that true. Phoenix has very good defensemen and a brilliant defensive coach.

Are you forgetting when Daniel was injured this year and missed something like 17 games? Meanwhile Henrik was still able to lead the league in scoring during that time, never slowing down once. I think this alone proved that Henrik is not simply "1/2 of a duo".

I hope Sedin wins it.

Henrik and Daniel both had the exact same ppg. They're a duo and yeah Daniel was injured and Henrik was still good. Doesn't mean that playing those 60+ games with him didn't help.

Malkin was injured too you know. Crosby didn't play any games with him, but he needed to up his game too.

And Carman, I think Ovechkin should deserve the "Ted Lindsay Award" as he had still amazing stats even though he missed 9 games. Those goals weight more too.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Nope I don't think bryzgalov was good enough statisically for it. Not to mention I believe the hype about him carrying Phoenix is not all that true. Phoenix has very good defensemen and a brilliant defensive coach.

wow... just wow... did you watch any Coyote's games?

PS. You might want to zip up, your bias is showing

Edited by stevkrause

Miller was more important than Bryzgalov.

Sabres and Phoenix have fairly even material. Phoenix has probably the better defense.

Miller had better stats.

wow... just wow... did you watch any Coyote's games?

PS. You might want to zip up, your bias is showing

Did you watch any Sabres games?

Sabres and Phoenix have fairly even material. Phoenix has probably the better defense.

Miller had better stats.

and Bryzgalov was more important to his team... as in MVP

I'm not discounting what Miller did, and he had an amazing season and probably deserves the Vezina on statistical reasons alone... but MVP means most important to their team and I don't think there was a single more important player to their team than Bryzgalov was to the Coyotes this year...

and Bryzgalov was more important to his team... as in MVP

I'm not discounting what Miller did, and he had an amazing season and probably deserves the Vezina on statistical reasons alone... but MVP means most important to their team and I don't think there was a single more important player to their team than Bryzgalov was to the Coyotes this year...

How can Bryzgalov be more important to his team than Miller if Sabres and Coyotes are fairly even in material with Coyotes even having the better defense and still Miller has the better stats?

Miller had better stats.

Every game that was broadcast here in MI and a couple online and EVERY single night's highlights on NHL on the Fly...

How can Bryzgalov be more important to his team than Miller if Sabres and Coyotes are fairly even in material with Coyotes even having the better defense and still Miller has the better stats?

because I disagree that the Coyotes had the better defense(maybe comparable) and Buffalo had more scoring punch as well...

Edited by stevkrause

Crosby is the most deserving of these nominees. He improved his faceoffs immensely, and took on a bigger goal scoring role in light of the fact his team has 0 good wingers. Would have been nice to see Miller nominated though, goalies always get the shaft.

1. Crosby

2. Miller

3. Sedin

That's moronic. Malkin doesn't even play with Crosby usually and yet you dismiss Sedin despite his brother being injured for a large chunk of the season. I'm not saying Crosby wouldn't deserve it but come on, you reasoning suck balls.