• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Good story about Brooks Laich

Rate this topic

Finally, an SUV slowed down ahead of them and pulled over. And then Brooks Laich got out and asked if he could help.

Since the Triple A folks were already on the way, Mary Ann asked Brooks -- whom she immediately recognized -- if he'd just wait with them by the side of the road. Instead, he asked whether they had a spare. Mary Ann said they did. So he took off his jacket -- he was still wearing his post-game suit -- got out the tire, and started jacking up the car.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/04/brooks_laich_changes_a_tire_af.html

laichchangestire.jpg

Edited by MacK_Attack

Very cool that he did that. It's so easy to drive by. If it had been me, I'd have seen a 14-year-old and figured that if they were too lazy to do it themselves that they didn't deserve help. Of course, there might be a reason that they can't do it. They might have some sort of illness/disability that I didn't know about. Still, I probably wouldn't stop if I saw 2 people.

Also impressive is that he did it in a suit. Good story!

Very cool that he did that. It's so easy to drive by. If it had been me, I'd have seen a 14-year-old and figured that if they were too lazy to do it themselves that they didn't deserve help. Of course, there might be a reason that they can't do it. They might have some sort of illness/disability that I didn't know about. Still, I probably wouldn't stop if I saw 2 people.

Also impressive is that he did it in a suit. Good story!

I don't know any 14 year old girls that know how to change a tire. Just about all they can do is text faster than the speed of light.

I don't know any 14 year old girls that know how to change a tire. Just about all they can do is text faster than the speed of light.

In the Dakotas, 14 is the age where we get our licenses. You have to learn to change a tire by the time you are 14. If you get a flat out here, you are just plain stuck. You learn or you don't drive. 14 is plenty old enough to do it.

Like I said, though, there might have been a reason that they couldn't change it themselves, and it was a great thing that he did it for them.

Guest mindfly

In the Dakotas, 14 is the age where we get our licenses. You have to learn to change a tire by the time you are 14. If you get a flat out here, you are just plain stuck. You learn or you don't drive. 14 is plenty old enough to do it.

Like I said, though, there might have been a reason that they couldn't change it themselves, and it was a great thing that he did it for them.

Ridiculous and Dangerous to let 14 year olds drive when their brain isn't even half developed and just not mature enough, i even think 18(and 16 in your country is insane) is too low, 21 would be better...

By this point, another car had pulled over, also with a flat tire. Mary Ann went to see how she could help, and told the other driver what had just happened.

"and Mary Ann couldn't believe her eyes when out of the other car jumped Alex Ovechkin who told Mary Ann that he loved her more than Brooks, and if she would just wait a few minutes, he would rotate all of the tires on the car, and change the oil. As Ovechkin was rotating the the last tire, ANOTHER car pulled over to help. Out jumped Mike Green. Green asked Mary Ann for her hand in marriage, and if she had time, offered to give the car a new set of rims, tinted windows, hydrolic shocks, and a new sound system. As Green was finishing this and heading to the wedding at the church with Mary Ann, and ANOTHER car pulled up and" :yowza:

Ridiculous and Dangerous to let 14 year olds drive when their brain isn't even half developed and just not mature enough, i even think 18(and 16 in your country is insane) is too low, 21 would be better...

You're thinking of places where there is actual traffic. Out here (unless you're in a city) there is very little traffic. The big hazard is bad weather. Driving starting at age 14 gives parents 4 years of deciding when their kids can and can't drive. They get 4 years experience in good weather and good driving conditions before they are forced to drive in blizzards and ice storms on bad roads.

Things don't shut down out here. If you're an adult, you have to drive no matter the weather. There is no option. Experience driving is crucial.

Guest mindfly

You're thinking of places where there is actual traffic. Out here (unless you're in a city) there is very little traffic. The big hazard is bad weather. Driving starting at age 14 gives parents 4 years of deciding when their kids can and can't drive. They get 4 years experience in good weather and good driving conditions before they are forced to drive in blizzards and ice storms on bad roads.

Things don't shut down out here. If you're an adult, you have to drive no matter the weather. There is no option. Experience driving is crucial.

Your goverment needs to focus on public transportation, the oil will be gone within 75years as well, still can't understand why you haven't got a proper railroads in every state and there aren't subways in every city...I wondr why it's like this every other country in the world has realised this but U.S is still back in the 50's atleast that's what it seems.

Your goverment needs to focus on public transportation, the oil will be gone within 75years as well, still can't understand why you haven't got a proper railroads in every state and there aren't subways in every city...I wondr why it's like this every other country in the world has realised this but U.S is still back in the 50's atleast that's what it seems.

Too spread out. Those things only work fiscally if they are filled to near capacity. Otherwise, they're a waste.

Anyway... back to Laich... I wonder how many other players would have stopped after losing a game 7 and whilst wearing a suit.

Guest mindfly

Too spread out. Those things only work fiscally if they are filled to near capacity. Otherwise, they're a waste.

Anyway... back to Laich... I wonder how many other players would have stopped after losing a game 7 and whilst wearing a suit.

Can't be easy living in Dakota :hehe:

Mindfly is clearly chief of surgery in his country.

Ironically, the gov't trend in the last decade around here has been to rip out the existing rails and replace them with bicycle paths.

I wonder how Laich is at changing bike tires? :rolleyes:

Edited by GROwl

Are you aware that most of the US is rural area? The Dakota's have like... 1 person every 40 miles. Public transportation only works in big cities or between big cities, which are basically just along the coasts in the US.

Most every other country is geographically small with high concentrations of population. The US, Canada, Russia, etc don't fit that mold.

Edited by VM1138