• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Wings 2010

Todd, Big Bad, Bertuzzi!

Rate this topic

I seem to find it everywhere, and when I talk to other teams fans, they all say bertuzzi is trash and he should be killed/put in prison/shot/beat up, etc etc. However, when I ask them if they know why steve moore was punched, they reply with " because bertuzzi is a cheap bastard." Doesnt anyone know it was all about revenge, for what he did to Naslund a week before? Even some canucks fans don't know this. Its not like its under wraps and people cant do research.. I just don't understand

It's mostly about the media. All they showed for the most part was the one incident, and focused on the injury to Steve Moore.

Luckily the powers that be let Bertuzzi back in the game.

I sympathize for Bertuzzi, as I understand that what he did was an accident, but I realize in this day and age if you paralyze someone it doesn't matter why you did it, just that he is paralyzed and you did it.

Now I could go on a diatribe about the actually court case and how I pretty much lost all respect for Steve Moore, but that's not completely relevant so I'll let that be.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I seem to find it everywhere, and when I talk to other teams fans, they all say bertuzzi is trash and he should be killed/put in prison/shot/beat up, etc etc. However, when I ask them if they know why steve moore was punched, they reply with " because bertuzzi is a cheap bastard." Doesnt anyone know it was all about revenge, for what he did to Naslund a week before? Even some canucks fans don't know this. Its not like its under wraps and people cant do research.. I just don't understand

The way I see it, Bertuzzi was crucified for the result of his actions not the intention. The reason Moore's neck broke actually was due to the huge pile up and angle at which he fell, none of which Bertuzzi could have really controlled. Was it Dirty? Hell yes, but it was retribution, and honestly Moore had something like this (to a much lower extent) coming to him. Considering that Moore is now almost fully mobile (IIRC, he can walk and jog just fine now, it's just he can't make much physical contact), and sued the pants off Bertuzzi for far more than he would have ever have gotten in his NHL Career, I really dont feel all that bad for the guy.

Yeah, it must suck having your dream of playing in the NHL come crashing down right after it started, but honestly he was most probably going to be nothing but another Matt Cooke, and could have severely injured other players. Unfortunate situation, but there are far worthier people of my sympathy.

Guest teef

don't you think he took retribution a step too far? he ended moore's playing career. i'd imagine you guys might have a different view of the guy if he wasn't playing on your team.

Guest Lidstromboli

im really trying to care about this 6 years later but i dunno something's preventing me

What I find funny is if Bertuzzi didnt rack up a lot of points vs Phoenix I bet a lot of responses would be Bertuzzi should of been banned from the league and how he sucks and hes just a waste of space!

uhhh what

don't you think he took retribution a step too far? he ended moore's playing career. i'd imagine you guys might have a different view of the guy if he wasn't playing on your team.

A punch to the head isn't too far. It was just unfortunate that his own players piled on him and the weight broke his neck. We all scream for Cooke's career to be ended and this guy was no better so who cares really?

Dany Heatley killed someone and admitted to drinking beforehand, and still only got 3 years probation. I'd imagine you might have a different view of the guy if he wasn't playing on your team.

Guest teef

Dany Heatley killed someone and admitted to drinking beforehand, and still only got 3 years probation. I'd imagine you might have a different view of the guy if he wasn't playing on your team.

i think you'd be surprised of my opinion of dany heatley. if you or i did what he did, we'd be charged with vehicular manslaughter and spend 10 years in prison. professional sports players and celebrities get to play by a different set of rules. it's unfortunate, but it's true.

and i don't think my team is better off with him on the team. everyone sees what we gave to ottawa as what the trade was really for, they forget that we had to give up ehrhoff and lukowich to fit his salary under the cap. michalek, ehrhoff, cheechoo, lukowich on the sharks is better than dany heatley.

i think you'd be surprised of my opinion of dany heatley. if you or i did what he did, we'd be charged with vehicular manslaughter and spend 10 years in prison. professional sports players and celebrities get to play by a different set of rules. it's unfortunate, but it's true.

and i don't think my team is better off with him on the team. everyone sees what we gave to ottawa as what the trade was really for, they forget that we had to give up ehrhoff and lukowich to fit his salary under the cap. michalek, ehrhoff, cheechoo, lukowich on the sharks is better than dany heatley.

I agree about the double-standards for athletes and celebrities, my only point in making that post is that both teams have a player who is trying to move on with his life after doing something widely perceived as wrong. You are right though, I've grown to like Bertuzzi (in this price range :)) but if he wasn't on the Wings I doubt I'd feel the same way.

People defending Bertuzzi for the Moore incident...seriously, take the red and white goggles off. There's no way you can defend that. It would be interesting to see the thread on here right after the incident happened, I guarantee you he was getting ripped a new one.

People defending Bertuzzi for the Moore incident...seriously, take the red and white goggles off. There's no way you can defend that. It would be interesting to see the thread on here right after the incident happened, I guarantee you he was getting ripped a new one.

You are right you can not defend his actions but stupid lapses in judgement like that happen all the time and its just extremely unfortunate that it resulted in such a severe injury. Look at Yandle tripping Zetterberg, Yandle didn't attempt to hurt him but if Z had fallen differently he could have broken his neck when he hit the boards. Look at Shea Weber, he punches people in the back of the head all the time, every time he does that he could end someone's career.

Comparison on a lesser scale: Ovechkin's hit vs Hossa's hit. Basically the same thing but Campbell got seriously hurt. Does that mean Ovechkin is a horrible person and Hossa isn't? I don't think so.

OMG, ANOTHER one of these?

Go freaking Youtube it.

It was a dirty hit. It happened. YEARS AGO.

Maybe, if you knew anything about hockey, you would have seen this before, perhaps in the 50 other threads on this, or the thousands of articles online.

Go research. Make your decision.

Don't post your stupid ass flame bait bulls*** here, you troll.

I've always said it was his fault combined with his team for piling on top of him. I honestly think(and rip me if you want) if Moore would have done what he should`ve instead instead of acting like a coward all game that all this could've been avoided. When you head hunt for the league leading scorer there is going to be retribution especially back then.

It sucks that he broke his neck but Moore was gutless, dirty player like Cooke and I see lots of people on here wishing Cooke would have his career ended.

His name is Redwings 2010. His registration date is apr 14th. He posts about Bertuzzi, one of the perhaps 3-5 things phoenix fans know about hockey.

He's a troll.

I guarantee.....that once upon a time mohawks were cool.

Are you wearing one?

No...why...? Cause some people just let the past go.

Who is defending his hit? I think formally, that most people here admit it was dirty as hell.

And that affects this year HOW?

I understand your point. But.....new year, new game....didn't see no Moore this time around.......who the hell cares?

I'm sure he didnt mean to end his career, and MAKE him pay that way. He was trying to fight moore the entire game, and he would just skate away. Be a man, and stand up for your actions.

@ Joseph Frank

Are you a retard? I know what happened, I watched the game. Just because my name is RedWings2010, doesn't mean s***. Should I make RedWings1954, would I look like a fan longer? I've been reading over this forum for maybe 6 months, never made an account because I don't really like to post on forums, due to idiots such as yourself. And some advice, go to a doctor, you have some anger management issues that need to be taken care of, kid.

And I'm the troll?

Edited by Red Wings 2010

Moore is a coward. It's unfortunate that he broke his neck... but he could have avoided it completely if he wasn't afraid to defend his gutless actions and take a couple punches. He could have turtled and avoided the whole thing. Instead he chose to repeatedly turn his back and refuse to back up his actions.

Note to future hockey players... If you are going to headhunt the leagues leading scorer and opposing teams best player, be prepared to fight. Duh.

The fact that the hit was dirty is undeniable. It is unfortunate what the outcome was because Moore had it coming. This is not my problem with Bertuzzi. My problem with the waste is that he is a shell of the player he once was,and it seams more of a hinder than a help. A tree stump looks good paired with Dats and/or Z, which is pretty much what he is. All the wishfull thinking, and hoping in the world will never make him the dominant force that he used to be. I am dissapointed with the powers that be, and some fans, for not realizing this fact.

Moore is a coward. It's unfortunate that he broke his neck... but he could have avoided it completely if he wasn't afraid to defend his gutless actions and take a couple punches. He could have turtled and avoided the whole thing. Instead he chose to repeatedly turn his back and refuse to back up his actions.

Note to future hockey players... If you are going to headhunt the leagues leading scorer and opposing teams best player, be prepared to fight. Duh.

He wasn't headhunting. It was a marginal hit for sure, but it was nothing like the Cooke hits. That's headhunting.

And Moore had already fought that game. Bert just wanted him to go again because the score was out of reach. How many times does a guy need to drop his gloves for a hit? It's not Moore's fault he didn't get his ass kicked the first time so the Nucks weren't satisfied.

But this is all old news.

Edited by haroldsnepsts