• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Wings 2010

Todd, Big Bad, Bertuzzi!

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

don't you think he took retribution a step too far? he ended moore's playing career. i'd imagine you guys might have a different view of the guy if he wasn't playing on your team.

Considering I thought that from the second it happened, I don't think I'm letting that descision affect me at all. Bertuzzi did not mean for it to go that far.

/Thread.

Players get reputations and people don't look beyond them.

Yep, whether it is fair or not.

It's mostly about the media. All they showed for the most part was the one incident, and focused on the injury to Steve Moore.

Luckily the powers that be let Bertuzzi back in the game.

I sympathize for Bertuzzi, as I understand that what he did was an accident, but I realize in this day and age if you paralyze someone it doesn't matter why you did it, just that he is paralyzed and you did it.

Now I could go on a diatribe about the actually court case and how I pretty much lost all respect for Steve Moore, but that's not completely relevant so I'll let that be.

Nicely stated.

Bertuzzi doesn't deserve a free pass or an excuse for what he did, but it was like 70 years ago. I'm over it. Now if I were closer to the situation and more affected by it would I feel differently? Perhaps so. However, there comes a point where you don't necessarily have to forget, but move on and have closure, in pretty much any situation. I just can't stay bitter and mad at people forever and ever and let it rule or severly hamper my life.

Bertuzzi realized he messed up bigtime, apologized on national television balling his eyes out crying, he's made attempts I am assuming to reach out to Moore to apologize. He cannot do anything else. He'd be very easy to dislike if he had a continuous attitude problem or was a jerk regarding this situation or just in general, but he doesn't seem that way. He's more/less moved on mentally from this ordeal it seems, why can't others?

Sorry, I'm just not one that's typically tries to hold grudges.

He wasn't headhunting. It was a marginal hit for sure, but it was nothing like the Cooke hits. That's headhunting.

And Moore had already fought that game. Bert just wanted him to go again because the score was out of reach. How many times does a guy need to drop his gloves for a hit? It's not Moore's fault he didn't get his ass kicked the first time so the Nucks weren't satisfied.

But this is all old news.

Uh yeah he was? Moore was no better then Cooke is now. People must seem to forget how gutless Moore played. The guy should drop his gloves if someone wants retribution after making that hit then following up the next game playing dirty and running your gate all game. Coward.

People defending Bertuzzi for the Moore incident...seriously, take the red and white goggles off. There's no way you can defend that. It would be interesting to see the thread on here right after the incident happened, I guarantee you he was getting ripped a new one.

I WILL CERTAINLY defend that. Bert was going after Moore for his "recent" hit on Marcus Naslund. Moore was running around the ice away from Bert, not willing to go toe to toe. So Bert swatted a fly. His punch did not break Steve's neck. (period)

For the record, I would prefer a younger, more mobile player over Bert.

Guest scottj

I dunno... I'm a firm believer in eye for an eye

If you're gonna cheap shot somebody, expect to get cheap shotted back.

of course people are gonna criticize me cause I'm not following Jesus' stupid ******* rule of turning the other cheek and hoping for karma... some people just like to bring thier own karma

Moore's hit on Naslund could have ended up just as bad as Bertuzzi's hit on Moore... but Moore's hit didn't, and Bertuzzi's hit did. that's how s*** ends up sometimes. does it suck? yes. is what bertuzzi did right? no. do i blame Bertuzzi for punching Moore? no

It's mostly about the media. All they showed for the most part was the one incident, and focused on the injury to Steve Moore.

Luckily the powers that be let Bertuzzi back in the game.

I sympathize for Bertuzzi, as I understand that what he did was an accident, but I realize in this day and age if you paralyze someone it doesn't matter why you did it, just that he is paralyzed and you did it.

Now I could go on a diatribe about the actually court case and how I pretty much lost all respect for Steve Moore, but that's not completely relevant so I'll let that be.

Steve Moore is not paralyzed... Bertuzzi broke his neck, but did not damage his spinal cord. Steve walks and talks just fine, he is just too fragile to take a chance playing hockey again. He can do everything you and I can do, albiet in more pain. This is not to defend anything, I have my opinion on the issue and I will keep it to myself, I simply want people to know the facts.

People defending Bertuzzi for the Moore incident...seriously, take the red and white goggles off. There's no way you can defend that. It would be interesting to see the thread on here right after the incident happened, I guarantee you he was getting ripped a new one.

What Bert did was no-doubt dirty as hell.

What Lemieux did to Draper was worse.

Everyone is going to have their own special feelings on this, but the people who think Bert skated up behind Moore and punched him thinking, "I'm going to break his neck" are in-freaking-sane. That play occurs damn-near every game and there's has been one serious injury, LET IT GO PEOPLE!

This pretty much sums it up for me....people need to just let it go. Moore made more than he ever would as a player, and is in perfectly good health. Was it a stupid play by bert? YEAH. And im the biggest Bert fan there is. Was it dirty? I would say yes, it was dirty because of the fact that the game was out of reach and he was going for revenge. But how many times do we see this as hockey fans? I mean one of the biggest problems that we see as wings fans is not seeing players stick up for their teammates. Thats all he was doing. Protecting his teammate. Sending a message. It would be one thing if he set out to break Moore's neck. He didnt. He wanted to fight. Cant we just leave it at that? Look at Mac's hit on Claude. Is that not comparable? he was trying to get some revenge. If Mac would have broken lemieux's neck would it not be the same? Im not throwing darren under the bus, hes just one example i can think of as a Wings fan, but i know of a ton of hockey players on other teams that would stick up for their teammates just like Bert did. Its part of the game. Its sad that it had to end the way it did, but if Bert knew that it was ganna result hte way it did, i assure you he wouldnt have done it.

And honestly, this happened when he was on the nucks, do we as Wings fans really have to defend it just because hes on our team now? I mean cant people just get a fresh start? Regardless of your religious beliefs, whatever happened to forgiveness. You dont have to root for the guy, or even like him, but quit making him re-live the one moment of his life that he regrets the most.

I'm a Wings fan first, and a hockey fan second, and i forgive him either way, and ill root for him no matter what jersey hes in. it has nothing to do with him being a wing.

I like Bert and always have, I felt sorry for everyone involved in that incident, including Bert. He's a great guy getting revenge for what happened to a FRIEND. A shame what happend obviously but Bert got thrown to the wolves to much for me on that one.

it was a ******* ACCIDENT! ...if you remember when berty went to court it came out that it was marc crawford (aka daddy dirtball) who DEMANDED that somebody (bert) get revenge.

Edited by soultrain

He wasn't headhunting. It was a marginal hit for sure, but it was nothing like the Cooke hits. That's headhunting.

And Moore had already fought that game. Bert just wanted him to go again because the score was out of reach. How many times does a guy need to drop his gloves for a hit? It's not Moore's fault he didn't get his ass kicked the first time so the Nucks weren't satisfied.

But this is all old news.

You must have been watching a different Steve Moore...

and Bert didn't want him to go... Crawford did. What is Bert supposed to do? Ignore his coach? Is there a rule about how many times a player will need to drop his gloves in order to defend himself? If the crime is severe enough, it could bleed into future games, let alone future periods. Moore knew what he was doing and he knew he had Naslund prone. Didn't slow him down, did it? Do something like that and face the consequences, even if it happens to be multiple fights. No sense in skating around the rink like a weasel, avoiding confrontation. Man up and take your medicine.

In my opinion, the league was better off without Moore. Moore's career ending probably saved a few careers in the long run.

Guest scottj

Its sad that it had to end the way it did, but if Bert knew that it was ganna result hte way it did, i assure you he wouldnt have done it.

I think most people are forgetting that...

and ya i know moore's teammates aren't the ones to blame but why the f*** would you jump on top of bert in a way that bert is gonna land on your guy that just got knocked the f*** out?

You must have been watching a different Steve Moore...

and Bert didn't want him to go... Crawford did. What is Bert supposed to do? Ignore his coach? Is there a rule about how many times a player will need to drop his gloves in order to defend himself? If the crime is severe enough, it could bleed into future games, let alone future periods. Moore knew what he was doing and he knew he had Naslund prone. Didn't slow him down, did it? Do something like that and face the consequences, even if it happens to be multiple fights. No sense in skating around the rink like a weasel, avoiding confrontation. Man up and take your medicine.

In my opinion, the league was better off without Moore. Moore's career ending probably saved a few careers in the long run.

To be clear, I'm not a Steve Moore fan. But it sounds like you're letting your opinion of Moore influence what actually happened on the Naslund hit. It happened very fast and Naslund was reaching for the puck. He had one knee on the ice when Moore hit him. That's different than Matt Cooke cutting across the ice and clipping a guy in the head as he's standing straight up.

Link to the proof where Crawford told Bert what to do? Because basically they have he-said/she-said lawsuits about it. Crawford claims Bert disobeyed his order to get off the ice before he punched Moore.

People were acting like Moore hadn't fought. He had already answered the bell that game. So he's a coward for not fighting again, just because the Nucks didn't like the outcome? He took his medicine already.

Kronwall has thrown a few questionable hits in his career. I doubt people would feel the same if the opposing team just kept lining him up for beatdowns.

It was a borderline hit at NHL speeds. Who knows what Moore's career would've been, because Bert chased him down and broke his neck. You may think Moore would've ended playing careers, but he never did. Bertuzzi, however, has.

To be clear, I'm not a Steve Moore fan. But it sounds like you're letting your opinion of Moore influence what actually happened on the Naslund hit. It happened very fast and Naslund was reaching for the puck. He had one knee on the ice when Moore hit him. That's different than Matt Cooke cutting across the ice and clipping a guy in the head as he's standing straight up.

Link to the proof where Crawford told Bert what to do? Because basically they have he-said/she-said lawsuits about it. Crawford claims Bert disobeyed his order to get off the ice before he punched Moore.

People were acting like Moore hadn't fought. He had already answered the bell that game. So he's a coward for not fighting again, just because the Nucks didn't like the outcome? He took his medicine already.

Kronwall has thrown a few questionable hits in his career. I doubt people would feel the same if the opposing team just kept lining him up for beatdowns.

It was a borderline hit at NHL speeds. Who knows what Moore's career would've been, because Bert chased him down and broke his neck. You may think Moore would've ended playing careers, but he never did. Bertuzzi, however, has.

To be honest, I don't think our opinions on the subject are much different. I just allow myself to get exasperated with the topic after the umptienth time.

A punch to the head isn't too far. It was just unfortunate that his own players piled on him and the weight broke his neck. We all scream for Cooke's career to be ended and this guy was no better so who cares really?

It wasn't "a punch to the head" it was "a punch to the back of the head of an unsuspecting person, followed by grabbing the head of the now unconscious person and driving their head into the ice."

The pile-on may have increased the severity of injury, but the initial assault was the primary cause of all head and neck injuries Moore suffered.

I still don't like the fact that he ever joined the Wings, or is one now, but it is what it is. I honestly think he is lucky to even be playing in the NHL after that incident; it's probably the single dirtiest act that has happened in my lifetime in the NHL.

Sorry harold, fighting Matt ******* Cooke is not "taking your medicine". Moore knew Bert was who he was going to have to answer to and he pussed out. Plain and simple.

esteef

It wasn't "a punch to the head" it was "a punch to the back of the head of an unsuspecting person, followed by grabbing the head of the now unconscious person and driving their head into the ice."

The pile-on may have increased the severity of injury, but the initial assault was the primary cause of all head and neck injuries Moore suffered.

I still don't like the fact that he ever joined the Wings, or is one now, but it is what it is. I honestly think he is lucky to even be playing in the NHL after that incident; it's probably the single dirtiest act that has happened in my lifetime in the NHL.

It was a punch to the side of the head of a coward who you tried to fight 5 times, had been chirping and playing dirty all game and tried taking your captain and linemates head off 3 days ago. He didn't drive his head into the ice, he fell on top of him and then all Moore's teammates followed suit and broke his neck.

I think its funny, people hate Bert for doing it but everyone o here just about calls for Cooke's career to be ended.

This is the most sensible, objective, and succinct observation on the entire incident. The only thing I can add is to emphasize Moore's neck broke as Bertuzzi shoved him into the ice forehead first, very similar in how people break there necks diving into a shallow lake. The pile-on was more in his back region, not neck, and after he was already out cold.

I will add that I am a Bertuzzi fan. As a matter of fact, it occured to me that he may be a good fit for the Wings right before they actually picked him up the first time.

Sorry harold, fighting Matt ******* Cooke is not "taking your medicine". Moore knew Bert was who he was going to have to answer to and he pussed out. Plain and simple.

esteef

If Matt Cooke wasn't good enough, then maybe they should've sent Bert to fight him earlier in the game instead of chasing him down late with the game out of reach. It's not Moore's fault he didn't get his ass kicked to the Canucks liking.

Moore fought already. It's on Bert and the Canucks for not making it count. Well, until Bert broke his neck with a suckerpunch.

Bertuzzi coldcocks a guy from behind, yet the guy getting suckerpunched is somehow the *****? Sorry. That doesn't really add up for me.

But this is so far beyond a dead horse.

Guest scottj

Bertuzzi coldcocks a guy from behind, yet the guy getting suckerpunched is somehow the *****? Sorry. That doesn't really add up for me.

not that it wasn't a ***** thing to do but 1. of course if you just bring up the fact that somebody suckerpunched someone else, the sucker-puncher is gonna sound like a *****. 2. sometimes people hit other people n then run away... if somebody punches your friend in the face, runs away, and then you chase after them and clock them in the back of the head, does that make you a *****?

one thing that reminded me of this type of s*** is when that one guy on san jose nudged ericsson's face once and he was fine with it... did it a second time n then ericsson punched him in the face with his gloves on (n then got a penalty for it). of course if you just say that ericsson punched some guy with his gloves on, people are gonna think he's a *****. but you can't just omit the circumstances leading up to it

If Matt Cooke wasn't good enough, then maybe they should've sent Bert to fight him earlier in the game instead of chasing him down late with the game out of reach. It's not Moore's fault he didn't get his ass kicked to the Canucks liking.

Moore fought already. It's on Bert and the Canucks for not making it count. Well, until Bert broke his neck with a suckerpunch.

But this is so far beyond a dead horse.

I see what you're getting at but again, ragdolling Matt Cooke doesn't settle the f***in' score. Bert ain't even a good fighter so it ain't like it was Boogaard chasing him down. And yes, ******* who duck fights get sucker punched all the time.

esteef

Only fans of the team Bert is playing for subscribe to the "Moore's injuries happened on the pile-up" non-sense. The ancient wisdom on this is that it was the punch and especially the driving of his face into the ice that did the damage. The Canucks got spanked by the Avs on their home ice and Bert acted out in the heat of the moment. It's not excusable, however, but if Moore would have faced him and dropped the gloves, the refs would have been there to save him at some point.