• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

don't you think he took retribution a step too far? he ended moore's playing career. i'd imagine you guys might have a different view of the guy if he wasn't playing on your team.

I'm sure he didnt mean to end his career, and MAKE him pay that way. He was trying to fight moore the entire game, and he would just skate away. Be a man, and stand up for your actions.

@ Joseph Frank

Are you a retard? I know what happened, I watched the game. Just because my name is RedWings2010, doesn't mean s***. Should I make RedWings1954, would I look like a fan longer? I've been reading over this forum for maybe 6 months, never made an account because I don't really like to post on forums, due to idiots such as yourself. And some advice, go to a doctor, you have some anger management issues that need to be taken care of, kid.

And I'm the troll?

Edited by Red Wings 2010, 29 April 2010 - 07:05 PM.

#22 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

Moore is a coward. It's unfortunate that he broke his neck... but he could have avoided it completely if he wasn't afraid to defend his gutless actions and take a couple punches. He could have turtled and avoided the whole thing. Instead he chose to repeatedly turn his back and refuse to back up his actions.

Note to future hockey players... If you are going to headhunt the leagues leading scorer and opposing teams best player, be prepared to fight. Duh.

#23 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

I find it funny how much other teams fans talk s*** about Bertuzzi but when it comes to the Red Wings, no team is more abused by oppossing cheapshotters.

#24 BiscuitBoss

BiscuitBoss

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:03 PM

The fact that the hit was dirty is undeniable. It is unfortunate what the outcome was because Moore had it coming. This is not my problem with Bertuzzi. My problem with the waste is that he is a shell of the player he once was,and it seams more of a hinder than a help. A tree stump looks good paired with Dats and/or Z, which is pretty much what he is. All the wishfull thinking, and hoping in the world will never make him the dominant force that he used to be. I am dissapointed with the powers that be, and some fans, for not realizing this fact.

#25 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

Moore is a coward. It's unfortunate that he broke his neck... but he could have avoided it completely if he wasn't afraid to defend his gutless actions and take a couple punches. He could have turtled and avoided the whole thing. Instead he chose to repeatedly turn his back and refuse to back up his actions.

Note to future hockey players... If you are going to headhunt the leagues leading scorer and opposing teams best player, be prepared to fight. Duh.

He wasn't headhunting. It was a marginal hit for sure, but it was nothing like the Cooke hits. That's headhunting.

And Moore had already fought that game. Bert just wanted him to go again because the score was out of reach. How many times does a guy need to drop his gloves for a hit? It's not Moore's fault he didn't get his ass kicked the first time so the Nucks weren't satisfied.

But this is all old news.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 29 April 2010 - 08:12 PM.

#26 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

don't you think he took retribution a step too far? he ended moore's playing career. i'd imagine you guys might have a different view of the guy if he wasn't playing on your team.

Considering I thought that from the second it happened, I don't think I'm letting that descision affect me at all. Bertuzzi did not mean for it to go that far.

/Thread.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#27 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

Players get reputations and people don't look beyond them.

Yep, whether it is fair or not.

It's mostly about the media. All they showed for the most part was the one incident, and focused on the injury to Steve Moore.

Luckily the powers that be let Bertuzzi back in the game.

I sympathize for Bertuzzi, as I understand that what he did was an accident, but I realize in this day and age if you paralyze someone it doesn't matter why you did it, just that he is paralyzed and you did it.

Now I could go on a diatribe about the actually court case and how I pretty much lost all respect for Steve Moore, but that's not completely relevant so I'll let that be.

Nicely stated.

Bertuzzi doesn't deserve a free pass or an excuse for what he did, but it was like 70 years ago. I'm over it. Now if I were closer to the situation and more affected by it would I feel differently? Perhaps so. However, there comes a point where you don't necessarily have to forget, but move on and have closure, in pretty much any situation. I just can't stay bitter and mad at people forever and ever and let it rule or severly hamper my life.

Bertuzzi realized he messed up bigtime, apologized on national television balling his eyes out crying, he's made attempts I am assuming to reach out to Moore to apologize. He cannot do anything else. He'd be very easy to dislike if he had a continuous attitude problem or was a jerk regarding this situation or just in general, but he doesn't seem that way. He's more/less moved on mentally from this ordeal it seems, why can't others?

Sorry, I'm just not one that's typically tries to hold grudges.

#28 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

He wasn't headhunting. It was a marginal hit for sure, but it was nothing like the Cooke hits. That's headhunting.

And Moore had already fought that game. Bert just wanted him to go again because the score was out of reach. How many times does a guy need to drop his gloves for a hit? It's not Moore's fault he didn't get his ass kicked the first time so the Nucks weren't satisfied.

Uh yeah he was? Moore was no better then Cooke is now. People must seem to forget how gutless Moore played. The guy should drop his gloves if someone wants retribution after making that hit then following up the next game playing dirty and running your gate all game. Coward.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#29 hockaholic

hockaholic

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

People defending Bertuzzi for the Moore incident...seriously, take the red and white goggles off. There's no way you can defend that. It would be interesting to see the thread on here right after the incident happened, I guarantee you he was getting ripped a new one.

I WILL CERTAINLY defend that. Bert was going after Moore for his "recent" hit on Marcus Naslund. Moore was running around the ice away from Bert, not willing to go toe to toe. So Bert swatted a fly. His punch did not break Steve's neck. (period)

For the record, I would prefer a younger, more mobile player over Bert.

#30 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

For the record, I would prefer a younger, more mobile player over Bert.

I think most of us would!

#31 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:07 AM

I dunno... I'm a firm believer in eye for an eye

If you're gonna cheap shot somebody, expect to get cheap shotted back.

of course people are gonna criticize me cause I'm not following Jesus' stupidf****** rule of turning the other cheek and hoping for karma... some people just like to bring thier own karma

Moore's hit on Naslund could have ended up just as bad as Bertuzzi's hit on Moore... but Moore's hit didn't, and Bertuzzi's hit did. that's how s*** ends up sometimes. does it suck? yes. is what bertuzzi did right? no. do i blame Bertuzzi for punching Moore? no

#32 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:27 AM

#33 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:20 AM

Would be interesting to compare some peoples responses today to the ones they made back when the incident occurred.

I will say Bert is a shadow of his former self.

#34 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:01 AM

It's mostly about the media. All they showed for the most part was the one incident, and focused on the injury to Steve Moore.

Luckily the powers that be let Bertuzzi back in the game.

I sympathize for Bertuzzi, as I understand that what he did was an accident, but I realize in this day and age if you paralyze someone it doesn't matter why you did it, just that he is paralyzed and you did it.

Now I could go on a diatribe about the actually court case and how I pretty much lost all respect for Steve Moore, but that's not completely relevant so I'll let that be.

Steve Moore is not paralyzed... Bertuzzi broke his neck, but did not damage his spinal cord. Steve walks and talks just fine, he is just too fragile to take a chance playing hockey again. He can do everything you and I can do, albiet in more pain. This is not to defend anything, I have my opinion on the issue and I will keep it to myself, I simply want people to know the facts.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#35 hockey&beer

hockey&beer

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

People defending Bertuzzi for the Moore incident...seriously, take the red and white goggles off. There's no way you can defend that. It would be interesting to see the thread on here right after the incident happened, I guarantee you he was getting ripped a new one.

What Bert did was no-doubt dirty as hell.

What Lemieux did to Draper was worse.

Everyone is going to have their own special feelings on this, but the people who think Bert skated up behind Moore and punched him thinking, "I'm going to break his neck" are in-freaking-sane. That play occurs damn-near every game and there's has been one serious injury, LET IT GO PEOPLE!
"Matt Moulson... he would get more air time if he was Matt Labatt." Ken Daniels

#36 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:14 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opA-BtwhQMk

This pretty much sums it up for me....people need to just let it go. Moore made more than he ever would as a player, and is in perfectly good health. Was it a stupid play by bert? YEAH. And im the biggest Bert fan there is. Was it dirty? I would say yes, it was dirty because of the fact that the game was out of reach and he was going for revenge. But how many times do we see this as hockey fans? I mean one of the biggest problems that we see as wings fans is not seeing players stick up for their teammates. Thats all he was doing. Protecting his teammate. Sending a message. It would be one thing if he set out to break Moore's neck. He didnt. He wanted to fight. Cant we just leave it at that? Look at Mac's hit on Claude. Is that not comparable? he was trying to get some revenge. If Mac would have broken lemieux's neck would it not be the same? Im not throwing darren under the bus, hes just one example i can think of as a Wings fan, but i know of a ton of hockey players on other teams that would stick up for their teammates just like Bert did. Its part of the game. Its sad that it had to end the way it did, but if Bert knew that it was ganna result hte way it did, i assure you he wouldnt have done it.

And honestly, this happened when he was on the nucks, do we as Wings fans really have to defend it just because hes on our team now? I mean cant people just get a fresh start? Regardless of your religious beliefs, whatever happened to forgiveness. You dont have to root for the guy, or even like him, but quit making him re-live the one moment of his life that he regrets the most.

I'm a Wings fan first, and a hockey fan second, and i forgive him either way, and ill root for him no matter what jersey hes in. it has nothing to do with him being a wing.

#37 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

I like Bert and always have, I felt sorry for everyone involved in that incident, including Bert. He's a great guy getting revenge for what happened to a FRIEND. A shame what happend obviously but Bert got thrown to the wolves to much for me on that one.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#38 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

it was af****** ACCIDENT! ...if you remember when berty went to court it came out that it was marc crawford (aka daddy dirtball) who DEMANDED that somebody (bert) get revenge.

Edited by soultrain, 30 April 2010 - 01:08 PM.

#39 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

You must have been watching a different Steve Moore...

and Bert didn't want him to go... Crawford did. What is Bert supposed to do? Ignore his coach? Is there a rule about how many times a player will need to drop his gloves in order to defend himself? If the crime is severe enough, it could bleed into future games, let alone future periods. Moore knew what he was doing and he knew he had Naslund prone. Didn't slow him down, did it? Do something like that and face the consequences, even if it happens to be multiple fights. No sense in skating around the rink like a weasel, avoiding confrontation. Man up and take your medicine.

In my opinion, the league was better off without Moore. Moore's career ending probably saved a few careers in the long run.

#40 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

Its sad that it had to end the way it did, but if Bert knew that it was ganna result hte way it did, i assure you he wouldnt have done it.

I think most people are forgetting that...

and ya i know moore's teammates aren't the ones to blame but why the f*** would you jump on top of bert in a way that bert is gonna land on your guy that just got knocked the f*** out?