30 replies to this topic

#21 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:23 AM

I just broke my RooR bong...

Bummer... I have a German RooR from the Amsterdam Shop sitting next to me, though I haven't been using it much. I'm pretty obsessed with my other toy, the Volcano!!!

#22 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:34 AM

I thought we're supposed to get new announcers after the first round?

#23 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

I didn't really have any issue with the announcers. I spent a lot of time talking over them, but until the Sharks exploded for those 12,000 goals - they were all over the Red Wings. I didn't think they were bad.

I totally agree with the ads Versus displays over top of the game play, that's what time outs and stops in game play are for.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#24 RedArmy

RedArmy

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:53 AM

the coverage was awful... the best part was: "Howard couldn't see optically"....

They said the word optically a few times to talk about Howard being screened on a shot or goal. Are there other ways to see besides optically? I mean can you see auditory or smellatory? Lol so stupid.... They were really bad...

#25 96Homer

96Homer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:11 AM

Yeah another bad point I missed the Cleary goal and they wouldn't not show it again but they kept showing the Shark plays two to three times after every play almost!
Check out my art on Zazzle

#26 wmubronco420

wmubronco420

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

i thought the announcers were fine, they were saying lots of good things about the wings. I just think the versus/NBC announcers are always a little bias towards whoevers winning.

Posted Image

#27 bigjob

bigjob

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:58 AM

announcer topics always drive me craz each year, in every sport. Announcers do not come on the air to be biased towards a team....you have to give them a bit more respect than that. The do change their flow of words, as the game flows around them, and will talk about a team if they are playing well....just common sense. We always 'listen' with our homer ears, because it is our team. Think about the other games you watch that do not involve the Red Wings. Say you watch a Montreal/Washington game. Do you come away from that game thinking the announcers really favored one team over the other? I bet 95% of the time you never notice anything the announcers say that you think slights or favors a team, but if it's your team, boy those radar ears are up and you catch everything, and interpet it as your emotions are high watching the game. I'm hoping that makes sense :cool: I have broadcast hockey games for the last 10-years (on a lower level), so this topic always drives me nuts, but will always be there.

#28 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

Think about the other games you watch that do not involve the Red Wings. Say you watch a Montreal/Washington game. Do you come away from that game thinking the announcers really favored one team over the other? I bet 95% of the time you never notice anything the announcers say that you think slights or favors a team, but if it's your team, boy those radar ears are up and you catch everything, and interpet it as your emotions are high watching the game.

I always notice it. There seem to be a bunch teams that the announcers have to love.
Chicago, LA, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Anaheim, Edmonton, Washington.
In the MTL/Wash games, there was a lot of MTL bias though.

#29 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:21 PM

Versus is a farce
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#30 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

How about those guys who they have all over the Penguins' nutsack? I can't stand them.
40 for life.

#31 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

I thought the announcers were fine. In fact, it seemed like they were actually in awe of the Wings on a few occasions. On Rafalski's goal, one em said "That's what they do... that's what they do"... as if to imply that the Wings can score at will. I thought they were very respectful to both teams.