• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ComradeWasabi

Setoguchi

Rate this topic

Maybe it's just the heat of the game, but I felt myself getting irrationally angry during this game in a way that I don't usually feel. Every time the fans in that building cheered my blood pressure went up a little bit. When Setoguchi gashed Franzen open yet somehow drew a tripping call instead of sitting in the box for 4 like he should have, I think a small blood vessel in my brain burst. I understand that it's not his call, but he went down awfully hard considering he was busy taking a chunk out of Franzen's cheek.

And when he flopped like Peter Forsberg to draw the 5 on 3 I almost broke the nearest object (my phone, not a good idea). This little s*** will be the object of my hatred for the remainder of this series and in every game that Detroit and San Jose play in the future.

Yeah, he was diving all over the place and thumbs up for NHL officials letting it actually work. Franzen gets 2 minutes for needing stitches instead of Setoguchi's 4 minutes for high sticking and almost as a scripted piece of hilarious villainy, just seconds later he gets brushed with a Filppula high stick that was apparently fired out of a cannon, because Setoguchi yet again sprawls on the ice and gets the call to put his team on the 5-on-3 for the eventual game winner.

Yeah.... I'm not pissed at all either...

Eh, Diven Devin is just like a lot of other hockey players in today's game. Draper embellishes practically everything, I don't blame Devin as much as I do the refs that refuse to call obvious dives and obvious high stick penalties.

This x 100

Edited by b.shanafan14

League is starting to piss me off. Players getting hit in the face and needing stitches. Lids and now Franzen you can't miss calls like those in the playoffs. How do the refs think these players are getting cut. What was even worse was the fact the wings got 0 make up calls for it. They only got one PP in the 3rd, on an automatic penalty. :ranting:

League is starting to piss me off. Players getting hit in the face and needing stitches. Lids and now Franzen you can't miss calls like those in the playoffs. How do the refs think these players are getting cut. What was even worse was the fact the wings got 0 make up calls for it. They only got one PP in the 3rd, on an automatic penalty. :ranting:

I can't remember who, but the same game lidstrom was high sticked, another red wings player was high sticked, needing stitches also. Was it draper?

Guest Crymson

Maybe it's just the heat of the game, but I felt myself getting irrationally angry during this game in a way that I don't usually feel. Every time the fans in that building cheered my blood pressure went up a little bit. When Setoguchi gashed Franzen open yet somehow drew a tripping call instead of sitting in the box for 4 like he should have, I think a small blood vessel in my brain burst. I understand that it's not his call, but he went down awfully hard considering he was busy taking a chunk out of Franzen's cheek.

And when he flopped like Peter Forsberg to draw the 5 on 3 I almost broke the nearest object (my phone, not a good idea). This little s*** will be the object of my hatred for the remainder of this series and in every game that Detroit and San Jose play in the future.

Rest assured that the NHL will completely ignore his antics and will not in the least be on the lookout for them as the series goes on.

I mean this with absolutely no sarcasm or facetiousness whatsoever, sadly.

Haven't watched the Guch all season, but can't believe he's reached Forseberg status already. Actually, I didn't know he was the one that sliced the mule, but the Flip dive, was priceless. Plus, it won the game, so, crazy insane or insane crazy???

Guest mjtm77

we would have one if we would have got that 5 on 3 which we should have. Stupid calls like that make me hate the game, even tho I love it so much.

Uhhhhh you guy's are starting to sound like Avs fans. Watch the replay on the Franzen penalty. Franzens face was nicked after he tripped Seto. Seto was falling, his stick was waist high, Franzen caught it on his way down.

Wings will win or lose as a result of their play. Same for the Sharks.

Uhhhhh you guy's are starting to sound like Avs fans. Watch the replay on the Franzen penalty. Franzens face was nicked after he tripped Seto. Seto was falling, his stick was waist high, Franzen caught it on his way down.

Yea you are completely wrong. Franzen was high sticked first.

Guest Crymson

I see you make absolutely no mention of the flagrant dive Setoguchi committed later.

Dude, please. I was at the game and the Sharks "fans" would go nuts asking for a penalty whenever a shark player got hit (clean). And after any stoppage they would think they got a PP thinking the wings had too many men LOL. That happened a good 4 times.

Dude, please. I was at the game and the Sharks "fans" would go nuts asking for a penalty whenever a shark player got hit (clean). And after any stoppage they would think they got a PP thinking the wings had too many men LOL. That happened a good 4 times.

Listen there are bad calls every game, I saw several interference calls tonight from both teams, which are in my mind have a far greater impact on the game then random high sticks, few of which were called tonight. Every team has yahoos for fans, the Sharks have more then their share. All I am saying is don't blame this loss on the refs, you guy's are better then that.

Yea you are completely wrong. Franzen was high sticked first.

Really? I think you need to watch the play again.

I have an idea for Game 3 or 4. We'll need to find a group of people who are sitting together. Bring bristol board cards with numbers on them like 9.4, 10.0, 9.8, etc... Then when Devin or another Shark dives hold them up. ;) Should make for a funny broadcast.

Guest scottj

I have an idea for Game 3 or 4. We'll need to find a group of people who are sitting together. Bring bristol board cards with numbers on them like 9.4, 10.0, 9.8, etc... Then when Devin or another Shark dives hold them up. ;) Should make for a funny broadcast.

lol I thought that of that a lil while ago when I was thinking about Crosby... It'd be perfect if there were 3 people in a row right by the glass lol. even better if they were right next to the sporting-event-in-a-sporting-event

Officiating was atrocious both ways. I will admit it is hard to believe that Setoguci did not get whistled for his high stick on Franzen. Last I heard, the player is responsible for his stick at all times.

I was talking to friends during the second intermission and something came up.

Do you think it would be a good idea to have like a ref like member off the ice that reviews plays and during the intermission just shows them quickly to the refs on ice. I know it can't change calls already made but it can perhaps help refs determine certain things and call shenanigans when needed.

Like if a player dives, perhaps not be so quick to side with him next time something happens that they didn't get a great look at.

You are not alone my friend. I'm not normally fun to watch the playoffs with but its even worse when things like you mentioned above happen. How could 2 refs and 2 linesmen all miss Diving Devin Setoguchi's stick opening a gash on franzens face followed by a gorgeous swan dive? I Hate Setoguchi! I feel bad for the Sharks though... they hung on for a sketchy win after having a good rest while we just finished playing a hard fought 7 gamer.... wait until we get rested and back firing on all cylinders!