• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ComradeWasabi

Setoguchi

Rate this topic

I've missed maybe 5 Wings games from the start of the season til now. This team doesn't dive, they have more pride then that and Babcock would chop their nuts off if they did.

Franzen dives. This has been established and alot of us hate he does it. Draper dives, Drapes annoys me to no end lately, so sure. Ozzie dove but he stick got hit with a friggin stick.

The Wings have a reputation of divers, but there two best players, will not dive. They could draw 2-3 more calls per game if they did but Zetterberg and Datsyuk dont. Setoguchi is friggin Canadian, that's embarassing. Good one Babs for calling him out.

I've missed maybe 5 Wings games from the start of the season til now. This team doesn't dive, they have more pride then that and Babcock would chop their nuts off if they did.

Having your own board-mates call you out is about as bad as it gets

Ngpph9yUOk3t8w7xhQz5WwfXo1_r1_500.jpg

Yes, Seto dove. And No, Seto is usually not a diver.

It was a good game though. Allot diffrent than the phoenix series, no trap huh? =p

But really, Seto usually doesn't dive. It just happened when he dives, it usually works.

Franzen doesn't actually dive all that often in my opinion. But when he does, it's incredibly embarrassing. Some of the worst on YouTube.

Kind of like Lilja's turnovers. He actually doesn't commit them that often but when he does they tend to be glaring.

Franzen dives. This has been established and alot of us hate he does it. Draper dives, Drapes annoys me to no end lately, so sure. Ozzie dove but he stick got hit with a friggin stick.

The Wings have a reputation of divers, but there two best players, will not dive. They could draw 2-3 more calls per game if they did but Zetterberg and Datsyuk dont. Setoguchi is friggin Canadian, that's embarassing. Good one Babs for calling him out.

Canadians are not allowed to dive?.. <_<

Guest Crymson

Setoguchi got hit in the face before he went down. Point being?

So far as myself, everyone else on here, and the PbP guys saw things, Filppula's stick hit Setoguchi in the chest.

Yes, Seto dove. And No, Seto is usually not a diver.

It was a good game though. Allot diffrent than the phoenix series, no trap huh? =p

But really, Seto usually doesn't dive. It just happened when he dives, it usually works.

He did it twice and you drew two egregious calls from it. By all rights, the Wings should have gotten a four minute PP and perhaps another two for Setoguchi's dive. Instead, the Wings ended up on the PK.

Maybe it's just the heat of the game, but I felt myself getting irrationally angry during this game in a way that I don't usually feel. Every time the fans in that building cheered my blood pressure went up a little bit. When Setoguchi gashed Franzen open yet somehow drew a tripping call instead of sitting in the box for 4 like he should have, I think a small blood vessel in my brain burst. I understand that it's not his call, but he went down awfully hard considering he was busy taking a chunk out of Franzen's cheek.

And when he flopped like Peter Forsberg to draw the 5 on 3 I almost broke the nearest object (my phone, not a good idea). This little s*** will be the object of my hatred for the remainder of this series and in every game that Detroit and San Jose play in the future.

Interesting points. As talented as Forsberg was I never had much respect for him. I perceive diving as cowardly, devious and unmanly. SO much against what this sport is really about. I don't have hatred for Setoguchi (because the refs are partly to blame), but I don't trust him to play a straight-out game without being cutesy.

So far as myself, everyone else on here, and the PbP guys saw things, Filppula's stick hit Setoguchi in the chest.

I'm pretty sure you don't speak for everyone here, and the PbP guys called it a high stick. The replay which I just rewatched shows Filppula's stick hitting him in the face.

Either way, it's a penalty.

He did it twice and you drew two egregious calls from it. By all rights, the Wings should have gotten a four minute PP and perhaps another two for Setoguchi's dive. Instead, the Wings ended up on the PK.

Both were penalties, not pure acting - unlike, say, Draper's ballet move when Boyle tapped him as they both went for the puck. You're upset because the Sharks managed to capitalize on their chances.

But here's the thing: when the Wings get a lucky call, or one of them dives and they get an undeserved power play because of it, you're not going to be too upset. You're going to be glad they got away with one. Maybe you'll think it's smart play, or maybe you'll think it's some sort of payback for Setoguchi's behavior, maybe you won't even admit it's a dive in public - whatever, you'll be happy about it. And I won't complain about it. Like with Draper's dive.

Hockey, like most sports, doesn't have absolute rules. It doesn't. It has the rules as called on the ice. The fallibility of the refs is part of the game, and if they miss something, that doesn't null their call. Players (and coaches) do what they can to game that. And while it's probably cold comfort right now, the truth is that these things really do even out in a statistically measurable way. Maybe not in an individual game or even in a series, but they do. And usually it works itself out pretty quickly.

I guarantee you that Holmer is going to do something that could reasonably be called as goalie interference, and he's going to get away with it. I'm okay with that, and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you are, too. But if you really see this as a one-sided thing, you might want to take a step back.

Guest scottj

Both were penalties, not pure acting - unlike, say, Draper's ballet move when Boyle tapped him as they both went for the puck.

listen to yourself... i'm not gonna stick up for draper and say he didn't embellish. cause he did... but apparently you're too biased to even admit that setaguchi was just as bad as draper

cause setaguchi was forced to fall to the ice after that HUGE whack in the face from Filpulla... it definitely wasn't just as s***ty as a tap as Draper's penalty

:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure you don't speak for everyone here, and the PbP guys called it a high stick. The replay which I just rewatched shows Filppula's stick hitting him in the face.

Either way, it's a penalty.

You mean when Razor said this?

"There are some charlatans down there at ice level tonight, buying some of these calls," Versus analyst Daryl Reaugh said. "Easy to say from 300 feet away. Setoguchi's legs didn't work after he got hit on the wrist."
:lol: Edited by Third Man In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvIJtpxuSuQ&feature=player_embedded#!

How are either of those dives? A two hander to the chest and a punch to the face versus a one handed flick of the stick on Setoguchi? You are not a Red Wings fan carman no matter what you say or anyone. Absolutely zero chance.

How are either of those dives? A two hander to the chest and a punch to the face versus a one handed flick of the stick on Setoguchi? You are not a Red Wings fan carman no matter what you say or anyone. Absolutely zero chance.

Well, "embellishments" as some say. Some think that embellishments and dives are the same thing.

Having your own board-mates call you out is about as bad as it gets

Ngpph9yUOk3t8w7xhQz5WwfXo1_r1_500.jpg

You fail to see who called me out. Carman has no genitalia or any business being a wings fan for that matter.

You ALL also failed to read what I said. I have seen all but 5 games this year. Why are you posting clips not from this season?

And no Carman you are not a Wings fan because I know nobody as willing to throw their "team" under the bus as quickly as you. Nobody...

You fail to see who called me out. Carman has no genitalia or any business being a wings fan for that matter.

You ALL also failed to read what I said. I have seen all but 5 games this year. Why are you posting clips not from this season?

And no Carman you are not a Wings fan because I know nobody as willing to throw their "team" under the bus as quickly as you. Nobody...

How am I "throwing them under the bus"? haha, if you can't admit that the Red Wings sometime embellish calls then I don't know what to say.

I couldn't imagine lying to my self so convincingly just to tell others I'm a "real" Red Wings fan.

Sometimes it's nice to remind yourself that the Red Wings aren't perfect gods that can do no wrong.

Edited by Carman

Wouldn't it be great if the mods made some sort of mark to put under the usernames of those who've been banned before? Obviously the reputation thing isn't enough.

How am I "throwing them under the bus"? haha, if you can't admit that the Red Wings sometime embellish calls then I don't know what to say.

I couldn't imagine lying to my self so convincingly just to tell others I'm a "real" Red Wings fan.

Sometimes it's nice to remind yourself that the Red Wings aren't perfect gods that can do no wrong.

BLASPHEMY!@!!!!@!@!@@!

god_lightning_right.png

Wouldn't it be great if the mods made some sort of mark to put under the usernames of those who've been banned before? Obviously the reputation thing isn't enough.

Can it be a ******* dinosaur? s*** would be so cash.