• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ComradeWasabi

Setoguchi

Rate this topic

seriously?

Is it impossible for someone with such strong feelings for another man.......so strong that he wishes him success to the very detriment of his own favorite team..........to be of that persuasion?

incrediblyawesomethread.jpg

I completely love this forever.

The most awesome thing about this entire thread is that while it may have started out as a united-front whine-fest against a Sharks player who is not in any way, shape, or form known for diving (had it been ex-Shark Alex Korolyuk I'd have agreed with y'all 100%) but has now somehow degenerated into a Red Wing infighting pissing match with no help from outside sources.

Now that's entertainment. :cool:

Edited by FabHckyBbe

I completely love this forever.

The most awesome thing about this entire thread is that while it may have started out as a united-front whine-fest against a Sharks player who is not in any way, shape, or form known for diving (had it been ex-Shark Alex Korolyuk I'd have agreed with y'all 100%) but has now somehow degenerated into a Red Wing infighting pissing match with no help from outside sources.

Now that's entertainment. :cool:

Stick around, it gets better. ;)

esteef

I know Franzen is a diver but I like that he hasn't really dove lately. But this play I'm still not sure about. This was just after he missed all those games from his head injury. This could actually be one of those plays that actually hurt,

Rep means nothing on this board. If someone doesnt agree with your post, even if its not offensive and supported with evidence, some people will still give you a - anyway. Plus who cares how negative you are, carman is -200+ and he can post the same amount as someone with +1000.

I don't know about you but I don't negative rep someone unless they deserve it. I plus rep people who I agree with and doing otherwise would be a childish waste of your own time.

I know Franzen is a diver but I like that he hasn't really dove lately. But this play I'm still not sure about. This was just after he missed all those games from his head injury. This could actually be one of those plays that actually hurt,

Yeah, a guy coming back from a concussion I think gets a pass when he takes a punch in the head from some goon that was likely trying to re-injure him. But I recall Franzen having an embarrassing dive one other time--was it against Calgary? Other than that, Franzen is a big strong, physical player who's a playoff beast, so anybody that calls him a diver is a loser.

Those refs must be embarrassed to have been fooled by Setoguchi twice within seconds and with big ramifications for the Wings both times (4 minute penalty lost/ 5 on 3 against) I don't think 5 on 3's should be given out freely with phantom calls ever, let alone in the playoffs!

Guest scottj

well it is about setoguchi's dives so obviously other dives are going to be brought up... did you think all 3 pages were really gonna have everything to do with setaguchi?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Rep means nothing on this board. If someone doesnt agree with your post, even if its not offensive and supported with evidence, some people will still give you a - anyway. Plus who cares how negative you are, carman is -200+ and he can post the same amount as someone with +1000.

Agreed, reputation is a much better indication of how much a dick you are on this forum, rather than your amount of hockey knowledge. Carman is a great example, as his Crosby shtick aside, I for one believe he analysis and understanding of the game to be higher than the majority of this site.

I have no doubt that if I made a new account with a less ridiculous sounding name, had a motivational Yzerman avatar and refrained from talking about how awesome I am, I would be well in the +.

Edit: And my dad could beat up your dad.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Yeah, a guy coming back from a concussion I think gets a pass when he takes a punch in the head from some goon that was likely trying to re-injure him. But I recall Franzen having an embarrassing dive one other time--was it against Calgary? Other than that, Franzen is a big strong, physical player who's a playoff beast, so anybody that calls him a diver is a loser.

Those refs must be embarrassed to have been fooled by Setoguchi twice within seconds and with big ramifications for the Wings both times (4 minute penalty lost/ 5 on 3 against) I don't think 5 on 3's should be given out freely with phantom calls ever, let alone in the playoffs!

Yeah it was Jim Vandermeer who slugged him in Calgary and he laid around like a girl for a while. That Roberts punch though he looks like he didnt even land the punch and it wasn't event hat hard. It was probably a dive but after having his head scrambled I just don't know lol

Yeah it was Jim Vandermeer who slugged him in Calgary and he laid around like a girl for a while. That Roberts punch though he looks like he didnt even land the punch and it wasn't event hat hard. It was probably a dive but after having his head scrambled I just don't know lol

The thing that got me with that play was the delayed reaction by Franzen and how he looked right at the ref.

Not to mention he gets up, chirps at Roberts, and plays just fine the next shift.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvIJtpxuSuQ&feature=player_embedded#!

How are either of those dives? A two hander to the chest and a punch to the face versus a one handed flick of the stick on Setoguchi? You are not a Red Wings fan carman no matter what you say or anyone. Absolutely zero chance.

You are a blinded homer who cant stand to hear true criticism about our team. You can not think subjectively or ever admit that the Wings are guilty of diving on some occasions, just like any other team.

The thing that got me with that play was the delayed reaction by Franzen and how he looked right at the ref.

Not to mention he gets up, chirps at Roberts, and plays just fine the next shift.

And the fact he grabs a completely different part of his head then Roberts hit him in.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

You are a blinded homer who cant stand to hear true criticism about our team. You can not think subjectively or ever admit that the Wings are guilty of diving on some occasions, just like any other team.

And the fact he grabs a completely different part of his head then Roberts hit him in.

You cant fkin say carmen isnt a fan, you don't know him, hes just stating his opinion and is trying to see things unbiased. He could have liked redwings since the day he started watching hockey, i dont know but maybe. Im pretty sure he wants the wings to win.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

You cant fkin say carmen isnt a fan, you don't know him, hes just stating his opinion and is trying to see things unbiased. He could have liked redwings since the day he started watching hockey, i dont know but maybe. Im pretty sure he wants the wings to win.

I was defending Carman. We're on the same side.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

I was defending Carman. We're on the same side.

Ya i know i just didnt quote the guy. People have the to see things the way they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvIJtpxuSuQ&feature=player_embedded#!

How are either of those dives? A two hander to the chest and a punch to the face versus a one handed flick of the stick on Setoguchi? You are not a Red Wings fan carman no matter what you say or anyone. Absolutely zero chance.

Are you seriously insinuating that Ribeiro swung his stick so hard the force was greater than a hockey puck moving at 90+ mph?

Set doesn't have any padding on the face, and when you get hit in the face it is going to hurt. Did he dive? Yes. But was the contact less painful than the two examples? Hell ******* no. Grow up and face the fact that the Red Wings are not perfect and do such terrible things as "diving" and the like.