• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

Red Wings will win game 2

Rate this topic

In that case, then the Sharks are gonna dominate the series. It's gonna be so easy for them. It'll be like a playoff bye.

That's the kind of self-contradictory stuff I want the other teams fed with and believing. Nobody "easily" dominates any series, and if I thought the Sharks believed anything of the sort, or that it was going to be easy for them, I would wish a GIANT SPANKING onto them to set their minds right.

For example, if the Sharks are going to lose Game 2, what do you think I would prefer -- to lose in overtime by a lucky bounce or bad officiating call, or to be completely humiliated and blown out by superior play in a 9-0 shooting gallery/shutout?

I would gladly, happily choose the 9-0 defeat. Make the Sharks feel like cornered, life threatened animals in Game 3.

That's the kind of self-contradictory stuff I want the other teams fed with and believing. Nobody "easily" dominates any series, and if I thought the Sharks believed anything of the sort, or that it was going to be easy for them, I would wish a GIANT SPANKING onto them to set their minds right.

For example, if the Sharks are going to lose Game 2, what do you think I would prefer -- to lose in overtime by a lucky bounce or bad officiating call, or to be completely humiliated and blown out by superior play in a 9-0 shooting gallery/shutout?

I would gladly, happily choose the 9-0 defeat. Make the Sharks feel like cornered, life threatened animals in Game 3.

Off topic, are you really in China?

esteef

Off topic, are you really in China?

esteef

I do live in China, but I'm back in California for the moment - niece's wedding, and also finishing a book that I'm writing (boring, geophysics related).

I would root for Vancouver first after Detroit because I love Sammy.

I would root for the Sharks after that and Chicago last of all (for the West).

I'd like to see the Sedin Twins get a cup, despite Burrows and overrated Bobby Loo being on the same team. Plus, if Sammy gets another, I'm sure his Swedish friends back here in Detroit will never hear the end of it, which could motivate them to win another.

EDIT: And post #7,000 for me!!!

Thank goodness for those "X posts for a victory" threads, eh?

Edited by titanium2

lol wtf? :blink:

The Yotes would murder the Avs in a 7 game series.

No chance. I realize you probably saw more of the Yotes than you have in years, and I think they're a formidable team, but I've seen a lot of games by both this year and this Avs squad is a better team. Bryz is a great goalie, but Anderson is more dependable.

Like the Blues and Bluejackets, this year was a fluke for the Yotes. Next year's Avs will probably win their division. The Sharks got lucky this year, with 2 of the Avs key forwards out, which won't be the case next year.

If the Sharks pull this series out, by some form of miracle, how many of you will root for the Sharks the rest of the way?

If you eliminate us and Chicago beats Vancouver, I would definitely pull for you.

If you eliminate us and Vancouver beats Chicago, different story, more players I like on the Canucks.

All I really care about is someone please for the love of all that is decent knock the f'ing Penguins out of the playoffs, anyone will do, don't care if it is Montreal (yeah right), Boston, Philly, Vancouver, San Jose, even Chicago, just someone please get rid of them.

If the Sharks pull this series out, by some form of miracle, how many of you will root for the Sharks the rest of the way?

I would root for the Sharks. But if you win you must promise to annihilate the Penguins if they win the East (Go, Bruins! Go, Wings!!). Deal? :thumbup:

This just in: We will win game two. I have a playoff tradition in which I have the last player to score a goal for the Wings as my wallpaper. I was down with the flu and just realized today that I forgot to put Nick as my wallpaper after game 7. Therefore the game 1 loss occurred. The situation has been remedied and the Wings will prevail. I apologize for the inconvenience.

This just in: We will win game two. I have a playoff tradition in which I have the last player to score a goal for the Wings as my wallpaper. I was down with the flu and just realized today that I forgot to put Nick as my wallpaper after game 7. Therefore the game 1 loss occurred. The situation has been remedied and the Wings will prevail. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Oh man! Well, that explains all the bad juju Thursday night... Seriously, I'm not freaking out about the 1st game loss. And I usually freak out badly. That was just one of those the-world-was-against-us flukes, and this next game has comeback written all over it. The Sharks look beatable.

The West will win the cup this year, assuming it is not Vancouver representing, which I just can't see. The Pens look very solid right now, but remember they are playing against inferior talent in the East. I watch the games from the east and it makes me laugh sometimes. The games are so slow (generally) and the defense is so porous. Edit: we crushed them 5-0 in November, the Sharks have always played the Pens tough, not sure why.

Back to this series, I expect a more physical game 2. I will be looking for more push from the Sharks. After the 3 goals, the team kind of let up on your old timers (sorry for the cliche, but hey if the shoe fits). Expect around 40 shots on net from the Sharks, with more sustained physical play in the Wings end. If I am right, Babcock is going to have to adjust for little Joe's line. Also looking for a big game from Malhotra, he has yet to establish a presence this postseason, it is only a matter of time.

Got to be careful though, we tend to get a little focused on the forecheck sometimes and neglect to pay attention to the back door. If we can contain the odd man rushes and do a better job of cleaning up in our own end, without the frequent turn overs in the neutral zone we should be okay. (Those neutral ice turn overs will be the key to this series. If the Sharks avoid them they win, if they don't Wings win)

Game 2:

Sharks 4

Wings 2

Patty nets one!!!

Edited by Ratbastrd

Things I don't expect to see in Game 2.

1) Sharks scoring 3 goals in less than 2 minutes. For Howie and the Wings that will be a one time thing that they'll hopefully never put us through again.

2) "Little Joe" scoring. As he goes, so do the Sharks in these playoffs. Just look at what he did to the Avs. So if they hold him off the scoresheet, it puts the pressure on their big guns like "Classless Joe", Heatley, and Marleau to beat us.

3) Wings' special teams to go MIA. Against the Coyotes the PK shut them down for 5 of the 7 games and the PP was scoring.

Can't really depend on this last one but... 4) Bad/missed penalties. This doesn't need explaining, referees. <_<

Lets go Wings and bring it home tied at 1!

Should the DRW fall to the Sharks (which they won't, Wings in 6 baby!!) I would pull for Canada to get their first Cup since '93 in the form of the the Nucks or the Habs

No Shark icon for the 2nd round?

Nah.

Wile E. Coyote is one of my favorite all-time cartoon/puppet characters, so it made sense recently. Almost nothing comes close to touching the Yip Yip Martians for me. They are fricken hilarious.