• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

If the Sharks pull this series out, by some form of miracle, how many of you will root for the Sharks the rest of the way?

I would have a tough time rooting for the Hawks if they advance but I could probably get by on the Canucks.

I would pull for whichever team comes out of the West though, because the East belongs to the Pens.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#42 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

If the Sharks pull this series out, by some form of miracle, how many of you will root for the Sharks the rest of the way?

Anybody but the Pens. Anybody.

How did SJ match up against them this past regular season?

#43 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

Sucks to lose game 1 but the series will be tied 1-1 after Sunday. Go Wings!!

Hope your right... GO WINGS!!!
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#44 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

I will root for the sharks if they by some chance win the series. I respect Todd McLellan. So I would root for them. But the thing is they are simply not gonna win the series.

#45 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

I would root for Vancouver first after Detroit because I love Sammy.
I would root for the Sharks after that and Chicago last of all (for the West).

#46 Weaksauce

Weaksauce

I love cup.

• 40 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

I would sooner root for a meteor storm to land on the remaining games.

#47 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

The only team i would come close to cheering for is the Canucks if the Wings get eliminated.

Avs>Yotes.

Done in 6 > done in 7.

Did you seriously just imply the Avs are bettet then the Yotes?

Oh god.

Posted Image

#48 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:51 PM

Avs>Yotes.

Done in 6 > done in 7.

lol wtf? :blink:

The Yotes would murder the Avs in a 7 game series.

#49 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

Sharks are scared.

Oh, I hope so, in the sense of extremely wary, not overconfident, that is.

My sister said, "Oh man, I wish the Sharks would have taken game one like 6-0 or something!"

I wheeled around on her, "NO! No way would I EVER wish that. Not for game one OR game 7. That's a recipe for Tortoise and Hare syndrome that I don't want the Sharks infected with. It's a recipe for CHOKE, as the opposing team comes to the next game far, far more wary, focused, respectful, and worse yet, loaded for bear."

Worst thing for the Sharks, really. I like the fact that it was a one-goal game.

No, I would much prefer that the Wings go away from game one feeling good about themselves, thinking, "It was only a few lapses on our parts", or "If it wasn't for bad officiating", or "We were just tired after a long series"...anything that takes credit away from the other team, and says essentially that your own regular game and game play should be enough to do the job.

I'm glad that few are favoring the Sharks, thinking of them as chokers, pointing to their past performances, etc., because in the past, whenever the Sharks are called out and held up as the favorite darlings (as Melrose et al are doing TO the Wings now) the Sharks waltz onto the ice for their Superiority coronations, only to get their asses handed to them by a hungrier, more respectful team.

By all means, keep Sharks the underdogs. Pay no attention to home ice advantage, or even their seeding, which is regular season and means absolutely nothing. Make the Sharks very, very small in the eyes of the Wings players. Crown Detroit the de facto superior and more deserving winner up front. Tout their superior depth, and puff them way the hell up!

Sharks: Paint them like a nobody long shot that really doesn't stand a chance (like, say Rocky Balboa the nobody). Make the Wings the unbeatable and mighty Godzilla, the mother of all unbeatable teams. And never let either team forget it. Only then will the Sharks have a solid chance at dusting the Wings and moving that much closer to the Cup. In other words, scare the f*** out of them -- just like everyone did to a much younger, much less talented Sharks in 1994.

Unlike the last couple of playoff seasons, where the Sharks were virtually crowned by many in advance (WHICH MADE ME CRINNNNGE), and made out as THE TEAM to watch and fear (ooh, so much younger, bigger, faster, blah blah blah), they're actually getting the disrespect they need that can actually throw off ego and keep their adrenaline and concentration and focus at consistent winning levels.

#50 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

In that case, then the Sharks are gonna dominate the series. It's gonna be so easy for them. It'll be like a playoff bye.

#51 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:27 AM

In that case, then the Sharks are gonna dominate the series. It's gonna be so easy for them. It'll be like a playoff bye.

That's the kind of self-contradictory stuff I want the other teams fed with and believing. Nobody "easily" dominates any series, and if I thought the Sharks believed anything of the sort, or that it was going to be easy for them, I would wish a GIANT SPANKING onto them to set their minds right.

For example, if the Sharks are going to lose Game 2, what do you think I would prefer -- to lose in overtime by a lucky bounce or bad officiating call, or to be completely humiliated and blown out by superior play in a 9-0 shooting gallery/shutout?

I would gladly, happily choose the 9-0 defeat. Make the Sharks feel like cornered, life threatened animals in Game 3.

#52 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:14 AM

I'm sold!!!

#53 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

I would gladly, happily choose the 9-0 defeat. Make the Sharks feel like cornered, life threatened animals in Game 3.

I could get behind that.
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Edited by MidMichSteve, 01 May 2010 - 10:19 AM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#54 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:33 AM

That's the kind of self-contradictory stuff I want the other teams fed with and believing. Nobody "easily" dominates any series, and if I thought the Sharks believed anything of the sort, or that it was going to be easy for them, I would wish a GIANT SPANKING onto them to set their minds right.

For example, if the Sharks are going to lose Game 2, what do you think I would prefer -- to lose in overtime by a lucky bounce or bad officiating call, or to be completely humiliated and blown out by superior play in a 9-0 shooting gallery/shutout?

Off topic, are you really in China?

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#55 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

Off topic, are you really in China?

esteef

I do live in China, but I'm back in California for the moment - niece's wedding, and also finishing a book that I'm writing (boring, geophysics related).

#56 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:03 PM

I'm sold!!!

No Shark icon for the 2nd round?

#57 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

I would root for Vancouver first after Detroit because I love Sammy.
I would root for the Sharks after that and Chicago last of all (for the West).

I'd like to see the Sedin Twins get a cup, despite Burrows and overrated Bobby Loo being on the same team. Plus, if Sammy gets another, I'm sure his Swedish friends back here in Detroit will never hear the end of it, which could motivate them to win another.

EDIT: And post #7,000 for me!!!

Thank goodness for those "X posts for a victory" threads, eh?

Edited by titanium2, 01 May 2010 - 01:11 PM.

#58 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

I care-antee we will win
Posted Image

#59 uncle ovipositor

uncle ovipositor

Rookie

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

lol wtf? :blink:

The Yotes would murder the Avs in a 7 game series.

No chance. I realize you probably saw more of the Yotes than you have in years, and I think they're a formidable team, but I've seen a lot of games by both this year and this Avs squad is a better team. Bryz is a great goalie, but Anderson is more dependable.

Like the Blues and Bluejackets, this year was a fluke for the Yotes. Next year's Avs will probably win their division. The Sharks got lucky this year, with 2 of the Avs key forwards out, which won't be the case next year.

#60 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

If you eliminate us and Chicago beats Vancouver, I would definitely pull for you.
If you eliminate us and Vancouver beats Chicago, different story, more players I like on the Canucks.

All I really care about is someone please for the love of all that is decent knock the f'ing Penguins out of the playoffs, anyone will do, don't care if it is Montreal (yeah right), Boston, Philly, Vancouver, San Jose, even Chicago, just someone please get rid of them.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate