• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wing-in-avs-town

Why DID we play tonight?

Rate this topic

This is not a thread about how we got hosed in playing so soon, but seriously, why didn't the hawks & Nucks play tonight? Was there something already scheduled in Chicago?? If not, it really makes no sense to me that they played this game tonight. Other than the fact that the sharks had a long lay-off, but hey, look at Philly! Disappointed at the result, but not the effort by the wings tonight, (especially after a 7 game series and little rest) Really believe we win this series! :octo: = :stanley:

Eagles my ass.

Philly and Boston should have played yesterday, seeing how those two teams haven't played in a while, especially Philly.

As some posters joked last night, I'm surprised Montreal wasn't forced to play yesterday. :D

It is because of TV. They want Boston and Philly to be on NBC on the weekend. Big TV markets that is all that Bettman cares about.

We should expect this by now after the Final last year, but I find it somewhat odd that they couldn't start Vancouver/Chicago last night considering neither team has played since Sunday and Monday respectively and neither team traveled far in the first round either.

Whatever. Trying to figure out why the NHL does things the way it does is a lost cause.

We should expect this by now after the Final last year, but I find it somewhat odd that they couldn't start Vancouver/Chicago last night considering neither team has played since Sunday and Monday respectively and neither team traveled far in the first round either.

Whatever. Trying to figure out why the NHL does things the way it does is a lost cause.

Mythbusters couldn't even figure it out.