• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 JPT

JPT

Rookie

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

In an interview with Puck Daddy Brendan Shanahan stated that if he had to choose a jersey to go in to the Hockey Hall of Fame with it would be the Winged Wheel. Not surprising but made me happy to read it. He also shares his thoughts on Lost and the improvements in the game. Just a short interview with a great guy.

Puck Daddy

Edited by JPT, 30 April 2010 - 10:31 AM.

#2 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

Maybe my all-time favorite Wing.

I love following Shanny on Twitter.

Last night he was answering some questions and said that at the Winter Olympics, Patrick Roy told he and Steve Yzerman that 'The Brawl' messed up Roy's shoulder. He said that both he and Stevie acted upset by the fact, but that they were both thinking, "high glove side".

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#3 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

i wonder if there's some bizarre person out there that is capable of hating shanahan

Posted Image

#4 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:48 AM

Maybe my all-time favorite Wing.

I love following Shanny on Twitter.

Last night he was answering some questions and said that at the Winter Olympics, Patrick Roy told he and Steve Yzerman that 'The Brawl' messed up Roy's shoulder. He said that both he and Stevie acted upset by the fact, but that they were both thinking, "high glove side".

Shanny was great on Twitter last night. One shocking reveal is that he was actually friends with Claude Lemieux due to their time in Jersey together, so much so that Lemieux apparently named his son Brendan. Another one was that during the whole D-Mac/Lemieux beatdown, D-Mac actually had no idea that a full-scale brawl was going on behind him. :lol:

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#5 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

i wonder if there's some bizarre person out there that is capable of hating shanahan

Raise your hand if you hate Brendan Shanahan.

Posted Image

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#6 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:56 AM

Roy isn't a person :sly:

Posted Image

#7 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:57 AM

The juniors brawl is awesome. And lol at his Lost theories.
Posted Image

#8 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

Craig Janey?
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#9 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

Not much better than hearing the Irish Jig after Shanny scored a goal or got in a fight. :)

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#10 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:30 AM

If he ever succeeds in getting the NHL to make changes to its playoff overtime format, rest assured I'll hate his guts.

#11 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

In an interview with Puck Daddy Brendan Shanahan stated that if he had to choose a jersey to go in to the Hockey Hall of Fame with it would be the Winged Wheel. Not surprising but made me happy to read it. He also shares his thoughts on Lost and the improvements in the game. Just a short interview with a great guy.

Puck Daddy

What other jersey would he even consider? Three Stanley Cups with Detroit makes it an easy decision.

#12 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

Craig Janey?

BINGO!

:lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#13 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

Craig Janey?

Hahahaha, winner! :lol:

#NOMOREKINDL

#14 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

Craig Janey?

That's exactly what I was thinking!

I was talking to Shanny via twitter the other night.. told him about the fact that I always happen to have a collection of "shanny's fanny" pictures from all the preskates. I said I now have a shanny's fanny album on my pc. He's like I'm so glad my name isn't Jacques.

At any rate - adore him and will always think of him as a wing and that's how he should go into the HHOF.

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16, 30 April 2010 - 01:40 PM.

Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#15 DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

Shanny's jersey needs to be in the rafters at the Joe :thumbup:

#16 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:57 PM

:clap: ...Shanny is a class act. great competitor, great teammate, and great to the fans.

#17 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:59 PM

Shanny's jersey needs to be in the rafters at the Joe :thumbup:

I love Shanny and he will go down as one of my all time favorite Wings, but the fact that he was not home grown and did not spend at least one full decade here, makes me disagree... I think the retired Wings numbers belong to a VERY exclusive group and the honor should only go to essentially "lifers"

Nick should be the only other Wing of the modern era with such an honor...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#18 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

i was just at one of the playoff games (cant remember which one it was cuz i went to all them) and they announced that shanny was there and everyone got up and gave him a standing ovation. i was right in front of him like 10 rows down and you could see a tear trying to sneak out of his eye he was so happy. needless to say hes a pimp daddy.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#19 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

I love Shanny and he will go down as one of my all time favorite Wings, but the fact that he was not home grown and did not spend at least one full decade here, makes me disagree... I think the retired Wings numbers belong to a VERY exclusive group and the honor should only go to essentially "lifers"

For now anyways, we will see where Pav and Z end up.

#20 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

Chris Osgood owns more Red Wings goaltending records than Terry Sawchuk, and has backstopped the team to two Cups. His #30 belongs up there.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."