• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

It's Official: Happy Hudler is Back

Rate this topic

I'm not suggesting this, just curious: There was some talk when Hudler left that Kenny would trade him if he ever returned. Anyone think that is still a possibility?

I don't think there was any talk (other than on forums) that Kenny would trade Huds if he came back. It would greatly surprise me if he did so.

You smell.

:P

Just getting fed up with all the euro's on this team...and im a euro... now that's bad...

Ridiculous... I don't care where ANYONE comes from - bring home the cup and the team can be made up of all South Korean's for all I care (NOTE* - this is not a shot at people of South Korean descent, it is merely a shot at their HORRIBLE international hockey program, or lack thereof)

Ridiculous... I don't care where ANYONE comes from - bring home the cup and the team can be made up of all South Korean's for all I care (NOTE* - this is not a shot at people of South Korean descent, it is merely a shot at their HORRIBLE international hockey program, or lack thereof)

This. I'm sorry, but if you're so pissed off at the fact that the Red Wings are a majority European squad.....go watch another team. I don't know what else to tell you. It's a completely asinine thing to dislike the team for, frankly. You can be mad that the coaching may not be what you want, or that certain aspects of the team's play isn't as strong as it should be......but complaining the team is mostly European?

That gets a solid Whiskey Tango Foxtrot from me.

Edited by Electrophile

Guest mindfly

Don't know if you pretend to be stupid or something but generally speaking, canadians play the game with more heart, power and grit, they live their hockeylifes wanting to win the cup while euro's dream of olympic gold and whatnot, I want more power, grit and people willing to drop the gloves, too many teams take advantage of all the euro ******* that are on this team.

Edited by mindfly

Don't know if you pretend to be stupid or something but generally speaking, canadians play the game with more heart, power and grit, they live their hockeylifes wanting to win the cup while euro's dream of olympic gold and whatnot, I want more power, grit and people willing to drop the gloves, too many teams take advantage of all the euro ******* that are on this team.

it's so obvious you're just trying to get a rise out of people... I sometimes forget who I'm replying to when I read one of your posts and forget not to humor you

:lol:

That must be why the Wings have been such a failure as a franchise in the recent years. :rolleyes:

Guest mindfly

That must be why the Wings have been such a failure as a franchise in the recent years. :rolleyes:

Only one Euro captain has hoisted the cup...and that was nick himself.. just saying, the more canadians the better..the core of north americans and add some high end euro skills and the team is more complete imo.

Edited by mindfly

I think Finns have heart.

Kenny's(and Hudler's) plan worked to perfection. Sent him to KHL for a year cuz we don't have the cap space then next year when we do, you remain a Red Wing!

It almost seems that way, doesn't it?

Kenny: "Hey Jiri... we're up against the cap hard next year and we still need to fill at least 2-3 roster spots, short of trading someone away, or waiving someone... we're kinda screwed... how would you like to help us out?"

Jiri: "Well, I'm in a contract year... I need to think about my future, I mean, I want to stay here, but I need to get paid fairly too..."

Kenny: "Well, how would you feel about making $5 million un-taxed for next season, playing 15+ minutes a night and then making around $2.5 million taxed after that?"

Jiri: "I thought you said you were tapped? I wasn't expecting that much... and how is it untaxed... I'm confused? What's the catch?"

Kenny: "Go to the KHL for a year... then when Nick's new contract is done, we'll be able to give you like 2.5 a year for a couple years and bring you back here, then when that contract is up, we'll re-evaluate it then... plus... hookers are legal over there Jiri..."

Jiri: "ok... tell me how we get this done..."

Guest mindfly

I think Finns have heart.

Haha Finnish sisu is so overrated and not clutch what so ever :rolleyes:

It almost seems that way, doesn't it?

Kenny: "Hey Jiri... we're up against the cap hard next year and we still need to fill at least 2-3 roster spots, short of trading someone away, or waiving someone... we're kinda screwed... how would you like to help us out?"

Jiri: "Well, I'm in a contract year... I need to think about my future, I mean, I want to stay here, but I need to get paid fairly too..."

Kenny: "Well, how would you feel about making $5 million un-taxed for next season, playing 15+ minutes a night and then making around $2.5 million taxed after that?"

Jiri: "I thought you said you were tapped? I wasn't expecting that much... and how is it untaxed... I'm confused? What's the catch?"

Kenny: "Go to the KHL for a year... then when Nick's new contract is done, we'll be able to give you like 2.5 a year for a couple years and bring you back here, then when that contract is up, we'll re-evaluate it then... plus... hookers are legal over there Jiri..."

Jiri: "ok... tell me how we get this done..."

hudler_smiley.jpg

This is probably not far from the truth. :clap:

Edited by MidMichSteve

Haha Finnish sisu is so overrated and not clutch what so ever :rolleyes:

You Swedes don't know anything about it. It's been all easy for you because of your geographical position. No wars, no nothing. I'm not saying that I personally have had tough times, but I think Swedes don't have to worry about anything. Ain't too easy when there's Big Bad Russia on the other side. I bet Finns could just take over Sweden if they wanted to. xD Swedish army, lololol. Real tough guys.

The message above was not personal. I'd also like to add this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg

I somewhat agreed with mindfly at first. But then I took a look at our roster. Who are those soft euros bringing nothing to this team? Homstrom? no ******* way he is soft. He is fearless. Datsyk? He is exactly what we also need - top end Euro talent. Ericsson? He can fight. He is just not that good at playing hockey? Kronwall? Do you remember those hits? I guarantee he will bring few more this time too. Zetter? Can you name me more clutch player? Filppula? He is very good hockey player, no doubt about that. Perhaps not your classic top end talent but I wouldn't trade him for, say, Moreau (who is pretty gritty). Lilja? Yes.

Then you have good old Canadian boys in Eaves, Miller, Williams, Draper, Bertuzzi. They are not gritty at all. They often backs off from tough contacts along the boards. These are players who are making this team look bad against big bad boys from, say, Anaheim. But I'm OK with that (well, except for Williams) as long as they outplay Anaheim in hockey.

Just drop Lilja and add Carkner in the midseason. Trade someone for, say, Walker or Clarkson or Carcillo or... the list goes on. And we are fine. We are two players away from a good solid hard-checking "Canadian style" team.

Edited by RusDRW

Cough Cough :rolleyes:

karl_xii__1712__malad_av_axel_sparre.jpg

Swedish Empire 17th century.

LocationSwedishEmpire.png

We weren't a nation at that time. There was already Finnish people who wanted to have their own country to represent them. That has nothing to do with sisu here. There were simply more Swedish people and even Sweden Finns who wanted to be more Swedes than Finns. And btw you lost that area to the Russians.

So basically your point is that Italians are very tough guys because the Roman Empire was so large?

edit: And I don't have a clue who that guy is. Probably another Swedish royal who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I know this guy though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

Edited by Finnish Wing

well I'm glad he's back but I hope he appreciates the fact the Wings didn't pull a Blue Jackets move or something. Basically I hope he works his butt off to thank holland for letting him get his pay day without a fight

Would it not be better to Sign a good ol' Alberta/B.C boy instead? :thumbup:

My dear, people don't get sarcasm on this board, nor do they get it when radical points of view are made fun of. I assure you that I got it and laughed, but others are taking you seriously. If your rep points can take the beating, have at.

In other news: WHOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTIE!!!!!

Edited by 55fan