• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

It's Official: Happy Hudler is Back

Rate this topic

My dear, people don't get sarcasm on this board, nor do they get it when radical points of view are made fun of. I assure you that I got it and laughed, but others are taking you seriously. If your rep points can take the beating, have at.

In other news: WHOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTIE!!!!!

It's not sarcasm when he defends his points with paragraphs.

It's not sarcasm when he defends his points with paragraphs.

He's just continuing his game. Trust me on this. I'll stay out of the Scandinavian history part of things. That's not my forte. But I do understand the "soft Euros vs good, big Canadian boys" thing, and he's playing it well.

Who's the odd man, I wonder?

My gut says Williams is gone, possibly Maltby will retire, slide in Hudler and Abdelkader.

Not exactly a bold prediction considering he is currently riding the pine. :)

Welcome back Huds... wish we could put him in right now. :)

Guest mindfly

Mindfly... Why do you post a pic of Karl XII the biggest reason for Sweden to loose all that territory it had in the 17th Century..

He's just a swedish legend among kings, more famous than the one before him and after him. A Warlord, but rather sick in his head, but it's all good :)

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly

He's just continuing his game. Trust me on this. I'll stay out of the Scandinavian history part of things. That's not my forte. But I do understand the "soft Euros vs good, big Canadian boys" thing, and he's playing it well.

;)

But to be honest it pisses me off so much when the wings' players cant stand their ground and take a fight.. too much talking and no action (maltby, draper, franzen, samuelsson before etc)

Edited by mindfly

Williams is definitely out... I think those tea leaves are pretty easy to read (one year contract, scratched in the playoffs), I'm sure Maltby will probably retire and there's a good chance that Bert will be back at 1.5 or less... basically, it will be the same roster, with Hudler replacing Williams and Draper likely being scratched most nights as Abs, Helm, Miller and Eaves will play night in and night out...

Datsyuk-Bertuzzi-Franzen

Zetterberg-Cleary-Filppula

Hudler-Holmstrom-Abdelkader

Miller-Eaves-Helm

I like. :D

He's just a Swedish legend among kings, more famous than the one before him and after him. A Warlord, but rather sick in his head, but it's all good :)

He was more then sick in his head.. :yowza:

The only Swedish king (Warlord) that is recognized among the great leaders on the battle field is Gustav II Adolf.

The Karl XII myth is just created by people that doesn't know better. He was handed an empire and when he died in Norway he more or less had ruined the country.

Who's the odd man, I wonder?

My gut says Williams is gone, possibly Maltby will retire, slide in Hudler and Abdelkader.

Williams is already gone, barring an unfortunate injury. Even then Babcock might go with 11 forwards instead of Williams. Or give another Black Ace some valuable playing time.

Maltby is a question mark. My gut says he retires, just because of his surgery and Holland might encourage him to retire to free up room. Politely, of course, and respectfully.

Miller and Eaves will be re-signed. Lidstrom taking a pay cut (hopefully) will free up enough money for at least one new free agent, though the free agent selection is pretty sparse.

The bad thing about the "New NHL" is that free agent signings and trades are hardly blockbuster anymore.

He's just a swedish legend among kings, more famous than the one before him and after him. A Warlord, but rather sick in his head, but it's all good :)

Somewhat OT... I don't know if you like alternate history types of books, but the "Newton's Cannon" series by Gregory Keyes has Karl XII as a rather important supporting character, and the author does a good job of showing him walk the line between courage and madness. You might enjoy it.

Back on topic, Hudler and his scoring are more than welcome back, as far as I'm concerned. I wonder if Ozzie is going to warn Howard about the tongue thing or just let him be surprised. :P