• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

It's Official: Happy Hudler is Back

Rate this topic

Why does everyone seem to ALWAYS forget that Cleary has a no trade clause and a few more years on his contract? Draper also has another year. So "not bringing them back" would entail trades. Cleary simply cannot be traded. Period. End of discussion. Not even a fantasy, 1000 to 1 odds chance. And if Ken Holland traded 4 time Stanley Cup Champion and long time Wing Kris Draper in the last year of his contract, well, he and the Red Wings organization wouldn't be the group everyone here claims to be a fan of.

I know you said "dream", but it's annoying how repetitive you people are about things that just can't happen. And your lines ignore real life too... no way Z and Pasha are on a line together, and there's no way Bert stays on the 3s with as high as Babs and Kenny are on him.

really???

http://www.freep.com/article/20100628/SPORTS05/6280362/1053/SPORTS05/Babcock-Hank-Datsyuk-should-be-line-mates

you should tell babcock that!

Note when his post was, and when the article with the possible line combinations are. One month apart. Not really all that fair to rip him to shreds when the article/lines were written after the fact, and well after his post, and when there was absolutely no hint of whether Datsyuk and Zetterberg would definitely play together or apart.

Regardless, line combinations are going to be constantly changing due to needs, hot/cold streaks, injuries, and so forth for every team. I'd definitely love to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg together consistently but they'll probably be split up at some point due to the nature of roster fluctuations of injuries and so forth.

Regardless, line combinations are going to be constantly changing due to needs, hot/cold streaks, injuries, and so forth for every team. I'd definitely love to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg together consistently but they'll probably be split up at some point due to the nature of roster fluctuations of injuries and so forth.

True. At the same time, Pav and Z should start seasons on the same line and build that foundation of confidence early. Later on they can be on separate lines when the play becomes stale. In the end, they'll always have that foundation to go back to if nothing else works. However, those two need to build it early and year after year as well. It's not just something that you can just pull out of nowhere and expect it to be great. We've painfully seen this the past two seasons.

Note when his post was, and when the article with the possible line combinations are. One month apart. Not really all that fair to rip him to shreds when the article/lines were written after the fact, and well after his post, and when there was absolutely no hint of whether Datsyuk and Zetterberg would definitely play together or apart.

I see it as completely fair to rip him to shreds after saying that his lines with Z and Pav ignore real life and it would never happen, one month later it does. But hey everyone here is the best coach /GM/ talent scout / genius of hockey plays / line combination expert of all time forever and ever so it's cool. ( this includes myself )

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

But hey I'm one of the insane crazy one's who thinks Huds is at bare minimum equal to Filp, ya know because he has 2 less NHL reg season points then Filp in 35 less games, and 14 less playoff points then filp with 24 less games . Huds is so underrated on this board.

Dats and Z both got 70 points last season, granted a bad season for both yet what point total does babs expect from huds? 70. he's top 6. Welcome back Huds, dont mind the haters.

i was just saying i liked the idea of a 2nd punch of franzen fillpula hudler with a 1st line with pav and hank maybe holmstrom.... between that and my "wish to trade cleary" i was pretty much called an idiot. as soon as i saw the article on mlive it seemed fitting to give this thread a little bump.

Rightfully so... NTC. Just....can't....happen.

really it cant? how about if the player waives his no trade clause???? hmmmm then it can happen, cant it? anythings possible, savard is willing to waive his NTC to go to a few select teams.

once again, i was merely speculating... but apparently that makes me an idiot

Wow. I got grilled on here for trying to make a really safe prediction and saying that Hudler will get at least 50 points. A blogger on WIM doesn't even think he'll get to 45.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2010/8/23/1637401/true-or-false-jiri-hudler-will-be

Will Jiri Hudler be a contributor?

My take: Hudler's decision to go to the NHL enraged a lot of Red Wings fans but it really shouldn't. The Red Wings will benefit from the time he spent playing in the KHL. I think that time was well spent and will help him be a contributor to this edition of the Red Wings. However, I think that playing third line minutes and likely on a third line with Modano and Cleary won't result in a 45-point season so I will side with "False", but will definitely hope that I'm wrong.

At least 452 people disagree though.

Wow. I got grilled on here for trying to make a really safe prediction and saying that Hudler will get at least 50 points. A blogger on WIM doesn't even think he'll get to 45.

At least 452 people disagree though.

Id be kinda shocked if he didn't get 45. Now that Modano will be his center instead of Helm, more offense should be expected. I think he'll probably be on the 2nd line before too long.

really it cant? how about if the player waives his no trade clause???? hmmmm then it can happen, cant it? anythings possible, savard is willing to waive his NTC to go to a few select teams.

once again, i was merely speculating... but apparently that makes me an idiot

I believe this is the last season that Cleary has a full No Trade Clause. I think next year it becomes a limited No Trade Clause where 30 days before the deadline it becomes lifted and the Wings are free to trade him. Just thought I'd point out that his NTC isn't full for his entire contract