• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#21 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

awwwwww! i love that lil guy! i like next years squad already!...lets just hope nick stays for another year or two

#22 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:01 PM

You smell.

Just getting fed up with all the euro's on this team...and im a euro... now that's bad...

#23 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#24 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

one half is saying he bitter that he left...the other more reasonable half is HAPPY that HUDLER is coming back. Cant wait to see his hilarious face when he scores and the PP just got a better.

I wonder if Jimmy and Huds will have their own victory thing like Huds and Ozzy cluck.

The Cluck.

I hope not, that little tongue thing is freaking me out. That did lead me to this, however:

[insert joke about money]

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#25 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

Who's the odd man, I wonder?

My gut says Williams is gone, possibly Maltby will retire, slide in Hudler and Abdelkader.

Williams is definitely out... I think those tea leaves are pretty easy to read (one year contract, scratched in the playoffs), I'm sure Maltby will probably retire and there's a good chance that Bert will be back at 1.5 or less... basically, it will be the same roster, with Hudler replacing Williams and Draper likely being scratched most nights as Abs, Helm, Miller and Eaves will play night in and night out...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#26 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

I wonder if Jimmy and Huds will have their own victory thing like Huds and Ozzy cluck.

The Cluck.

THAT IS SOOO FUNNY!

#27 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

I'm not suggesting this, just curious: There was some talk when Hudler left that Kenny would trade him if he ever returned. Anyone think that is still a possibility?

I don't think there was any talk (other than on forums) that Kenny would trade Huds if he came back. It would greatly surprise me if he did so.

You smell.

:P

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#28 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

Just getting fed up with all the euro's on this team...and im a euro... now that's bad...

Ridiculous... I don't care where ANYONE comes from - bring home the cup and the team can be made up of all South Korean's for all I care (NOTE* - this is not a shot at people of South Korean descent, it is merely a shot at their HORRIBLE international hockey program, or lack thereof)

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#29 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

Ridiculous... I don't care where ANYONE comes from - bring home the cup and the team can be made up of all South Korean's for all I care (NOTE* - this is not a shot at people of South Korean descent, it is merely a shot at their HORRIBLE international hockey program, or lack thereof)

This. I'm sorry, but if you're so pissed off at the fact that the Red Wings are a majority European squad.....go watch another team. I don't know what else to tell you. It's a completely asinine thing to dislike the team for, frankly. You can be mad that the coaching may not be what you want, or that certain aspects of the team's play isn't as strong as it should be......but complaining the team is mostly European?

That gets a solid Whiskey Tango Foxtrot from me.

Edited by Electrophile, 30 April 2010 - 01:23 PM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#30 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

Don't know if you pretend to be stupid or something but generally speaking, canadians play the game with more heart, power and grit, they live their hockeylifes wanting to win the cup while euro's dream of olympic gold and whatnot, I want more power, grit and people willing to drop the gloves, too many teams take advantage of all the euro ******* that are on this team.

Edited by mindfly, 30 April 2010 - 01:31 PM.

#31 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

Don't know if you pretend to be stupid or something but generally speaking, canadians play the game with more heart, power and grit, they live their hockeylifes wanting to win the cup while euro's dream of olympic gold and whatnot, I want more power, grit and people willing to drop the gloves, too many teams take advantage of all the euro ******* that are on this team.

it's so obvious you're just trying to get a rise out of people... I sometimes forget who I'm replying to when I read one of your posts and forget not to humor you

:lol:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#32 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

That must be why the Wings have been such a failure as a franchise in the recent years. :rolleyes:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#33 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:41 PM

Don't Let Yourself Get Trolled by Mindfly (DLYGTBMTM)

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#34 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

Kenny's(and Hudler's) plan worked to perfection. Sent him to KHL for a year cuz we don't have the cap space then next year when we do, you remain a Red Wing!

#35 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

That must be why the Wings have been such a failure as a franchise in the recent years. :rolleyes:

Only one Euro captain has hoisted the cup...and that was nick himself.. just saying, the more canadians the better..the core of north americans and add some high end euro skills and the team is more complete imo.

Edited by mindfly, 30 April 2010 - 01:48 PM.

#36 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

Welcome back Huds!!!! Looking forward to the "Lets go Red Vings" chants at a parade soon... Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#37 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

I think Finns have heart.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#38 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

Kenny's(and Hudler's) plan worked to perfection. Sent him to KHL for a year cuz we don't have the cap space then next year when we do, you remain a Red Wing!

It almost seems that way, doesn't it?

Kenny: "Hey Jiri... we're up against the cap hard next year and we still need to fill at least 2-3 roster spots, short of trading someone away, or waiving someone... we're kinda screwed... how would you like to help us out?"

Jiri: "Well, I'm in a contract year... I need to think about my future, I mean, I want to stay here, but I need to get paid fairly too..."

Kenny: "Well, how would you feel about making $5 million un-taxed for next season, playing 15+ minutes a night and then making around $2.5 million taxed after that?"

Jiri: "I thought you said you were tapped? I wasn't expecting that much... and how is it untaxed... I'm confused? What's the catch?"

Kenny: "Go to the KHL for a year... then when Nick's new contract is done, we'll be able to give you like 2.5 a year for a couple years and bring you back here, then when that contract is up, we'll re-evaluate it then... plus... hookers are legal over there Jiri..."

Jiri: "ok... tell me how we get this done..."

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#39 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

I think Finns have heart.

Haha Finnish sisu is so overrated and not clutch what so ever :rolleyes:

#40 Chelichic

Chelichic

4th Line Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

Awesome. It was sad to see him go and exciting to see him return. Cant blame him for leaving, just glad he is back. GO WINGS!!!

:P