212 replies to this topic

#41 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

It almost seems that way, doesn't it?

Kenny: "Hey Jiri... we're up against the cap hard next year and we still need to fill at least 2-3 roster spots, short of trading someone away, or waiving someone... we're kinda screwed... how would you like to help us out?"

Jiri: "Well, I'm in a contract year... I need to think about my future, I mean, I want to stay here, but I need to get paid fairly too..."

Kenny: "Well, how would you feel about making $5 million un-taxed for next season, playing 15+ minutes a night and then making around $2.5 million taxed after that?"

Jiri: "I thought you said you were tapped? I wasn't expecting that much... and how is it untaxed... I'm confused? What's the catch?"

Kenny: "Go to the KHL for a year... then when Nick's new contract is done, we'll be able to give you like 2.5 a year for a couple years and bring you back here, then when that contract is up, we'll re-evaluate it then... plus... hookers are legal over there Jiri..."

Jiri: "ok... tell me how we get this done..."

Posted Image
This is probably not far from the truth. :clap:

Edited by MidMichSteve, 30 April 2010 - 02:23 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#42 TheCaptain19

TheCaptain19

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

haha yesssss i love jiri

#43 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

Haha Finnish sisu is so overrated and not clutch what so ever :rolleyes:

You Swedes don't know anything about it. It's been all easy for you because of your geographical position. No wars, no nothing. I'm not saying that I personally have had tough times, but I think Swedes don't have to worry about anything. Ain't too easy when there's Big Bad Russia on the other side. I bet Finns could just take over Sweden if they wanted to. xD Swedish army, lololol. Real tough guys.

The message above was not personal. I'd also like to add this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#44 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

I somewhat agreed with mindfly at first. But then I took a look at our roster. Who are those soft euros bringing nothing to this team? Homstrom? nof****** way he is soft. He is fearless. Datsyk? He is exactly what we also need - top end Euro talent. Ericsson? He can fight. He is just not that good at playing hockey? Kronwall? Do you remember those hits? I guarantee he will bring few more this time too. Zetter? Can you name me more clutch player? Filppula? He is very good hockey player, no doubt about that. Perhaps not your classic top end talent but I wouldn't trade him for, say, Moreau (who is pretty gritty). Lilja? Yes.

Then you have good old Canadian boys in Eaves, Miller, Williams, Draper, Bertuzzi. They are not gritty at all. They often backs off from tough contacts along the boards. These are players who are making this team look bad against big bad boys from, say, Anaheim. But I'm OK with that (well, except for Williams) as long as they outplay Anaheim in hockey.

Just drop Lilja and add Carkner in the midseason. Trade someone for, say, Walker or Clarkson or Carcillo or... the list goes on. And we are fine. We are two players away from a good solid hard-checking "Canadian style" team.

Edited by RusDRW, 30 April 2010 - 02:34 PM.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#45 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

Cough Cough :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Swedish Empire 17th century.

Posted Image

Edited by mindfly, 30 April 2010 - 02:35 PM.

#46 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

We weren't a nation at that time. There was already Finnish people who wanted to have their own country to represent them. That has nothing to do with sisu here. There were simply more Swedish people and even Sweden Finns who wanted to be more Swedes than Finns. And btw you lost that area to the Russians.

So basically your point is that Italians are very tough guys because the Roman Empire was so large?

edit: And I don't have a clue who that guy is. Probably another Swedish royal who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I know this guy though: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Simo_Häyhä

Edited by Finnish Wing, 30 April 2010 - 02:55 PM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#47 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

The Romans :clap:
Hell yeh mothafu**er :beerbuddy:

#48 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

You are such a ****** bag.

#49 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

well I'm glad he's back but I hope he appreciates the fact the Wings didn't pull a Blue Jackets move or something. Basically I hope he works his butt off to thank holland for letting him get his pay day without a fight
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#50 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

Would it not be better to Sign a good ol' Alberta/B.C boy instead? :thumbup:

My dear, people don't get sarcasm on this board, nor do they get it when radical points of view are made fun of. I assure you that I got it and laughed, but others are taking you seriously. If your rep points can take the beating, have at.

In other news: WHOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTIE!!!!!

Edited by 55fan, 30 April 2010 - 02:58 PM.

#51 Ricke71

Ricke71

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

Mindfly... Why do you post a pic of Karl XII the biggest reason for Sweden to loose all that territory it had in the 17th Century..

#52 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

My dear, people don't get sarcasm on this board, nor do they get it when radical points of view are made fun of. I assure you that I got it and laughed, but others are taking you seriously. If your rep points can take the beating, have at.

In other news: WHOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTIE!!!!!

It's not sarcasm when he defends his points with paragraphs.

#53 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:04 PM

It's not sarcasm when he defends his points with paragraphs.

He's just continuing his game. Trust me on this. I'll stay out of the Scandinavian history part of things. That's not my forte. But I do understand the "soft Euros vs good, big Canadian boys" thing, and he's playing it well.

#54 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:10 PM

Who's the odd man, I wonder?

My gut says Williams is gone, possibly Maltby will retire, slide in Hudler and Abdelkader.

Not exactly a bold prediction considering he is currently riding the pine. :)

Welcome back Huds... wish we could put him in right now. :)

#55 FedorovGurl

FedorovGurl

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

:yowza: Welcome Back Hudler!! I always loved that kid; voted for him on the text "player of the game" every damn game when he was here.

:clap:
Welcome Back Kotter Hudler!! ".... who'd of thought they'd lead ya back here where we need ya? "

#56 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

Mindfly... Why do you post a pic of Karl XII the biggest reason for Sweden to loose all that territory it had in the 17th Century..

He's just a swedish legend among kings, more famous than the one before him and after him. A Warlord, but rather sick in his head, but it's all good :)

Edited by mindfly, 30 April 2010 - 03:23 PM.

#57 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

He's just continuing his game. Trust me on this. I'll stay out of the Scandinavian history part of things. That's not my forte. But I do understand the "soft Euros vs good, big Canadian boys" thing, and he's playing it well.

;)

But to be honest it pisses me off so much when the wings' players cant stand their ground and take a fight.. too much talking and no action (maltby, draper, franzen, samuelsson before etc)

Edited by mindfly, 30 April 2010 - 03:29 PM.

#58 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Williams is definitely out... I think those tea leaves are pretty easy to read (one year contract, scratched in the playoffs), I'm sure Maltby will probably retire and there's a good chance that Bert will be back at 1.5 or less... basically, it will be the same roster, with Hudler replacing Williams and Draper likely being scratched most nights as Abs, Helm, Miller and Eaves will play night in and night out...

Datsyuk-Bertuzzi-Franzen
Zetterberg-Cleary-Filppula
Hudler-Holmstrom-Abdelkader
Miller-Eaves-Helm

I like. :D
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#59 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

:yowza:

This makes me happy! Thanks for the news and welcome back Hudler!

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#60 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

Hell yea im very excited to see Happy Huds back in the winged wheel next season.
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!