• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Phantom calls back in the league

Rate this topic

I'm sick of the bulls*** calls around the NHL and I think it's time for a new system to be put in place.

If blood is drawn somehow on a play or someone is injured, the play should be subject to review and a conference between the five(explained later) referees using the replay from above will be required.

If it is determined that the player was injured illegally than a penalty shall be given to the team. If blood is drawn, the penalty will be four minutes.

Also, a fifth referee will not be on the ice, and two referees will always be following the play close to the net so there are no quick whistles.

Also the referee can overturn the "intent to blow" if he was able to see the puck still active. But the puck must cross the line before the whistle.

Goaltender interference no goals shall be reviewed ON ALL OCCASIONS.

Here are 2 of the bulls*** calls:

Wings - 1:40 mark:

Caps

Both bulls*** and both should of been conferenced by the refs to make the right call..

//End Rant

That no goal call against the Caps was total garbage. Halak went down because he was SCREENED! He had no sight of the puck and went down to try to make a stop. There was contact, but no contact to prevent him to make the save. Moments like that have ruined countless of games, but in all seriousness the Capitals had tons of other chances to close the series out. Don't get me wrong, that was bulls***, but so was how the Capitals played with a 3-1 series lead.

Eh, every team has to deal with bad calls. Hockey is a fast game, and mistakes will be made.

If you want to blame the refs for the loss go ahead, I tend to blame it on 3 goals in less than a 2 minute strech in the first period.

Edited by Carman

Guest Crymson

That no goal call against the Caps was total garbage. Halak went down because he was SCREENED! He had no sight of the puck and went down to try to make a stop. There was contact, but no contact to prevent him to make the save. Moments like that have ruined countless of games, but in all seriousness the Capitals had tons of other chances to close the series out. Don't get me wrong, that was bulls***, but so was how the Capitals played with a 3-1 series lead.

Perhaps the NHL could make such plays reviewable. No, wait... that'll never happen.

The more and more I look at that, the more obvious the high stick and dive are and the refs got it completely wrong. Setoguchi basically got his stick jambed on Franzen's face and then toppled backwards. Pathetic. I do agree with Carman, the Wings lost because of 80 seconds of the worst hockey they've played all season. But all these bulls*** calls don't make it an easier pill to swallow. Someone really should get the 9.6, 10.0, 9.2 score cards out for the rest of the series for Divin' Setoguchi. Its made so much worse by the fact that he dove twice to give them a 5-on-3 and the eventual game winner instead of the Wings getting a 4 minute PP with a chance to tie.

Note: I'm not saying Filppula didn't deserve a high sticking penalty, but he embellished the s*** out of it. I wonder if Filppula would have flopped the second he hit Setoguchi if he would have gotten the call?

Edited by b.shanafan14

Eh, every team has to deal with bad calls. Hockey is a fast game, and mistakes will be made.

If you want to blame the refs for the loss go ahead, I tend to blame it on 3 goals in less than a 2 minute strech in the first period.

Its not always about blaming the refs, its about being frustrated that calls get missed and become a major factor in the game. It just comes down to that if you are going to be a champion, you have to outplay the opposing team and the refs poor calls. I'm not a tin-foil hat guy, just a guy who wishes that refs were less human and had robot-like analytical abilities...

Guest mjtm77

Challenge flags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mjtm77

Guest scottj

Someone really should get the 9.6, 10.0, 9.2 score cards out for the rest of the series for Divin' Setoguchi.

then a fourth person should have a sign saying "HEY DEVIN, the water is FROZEN moron!"

I agree that there are plenty of phantom calls going on, and that is something that the league really should look at and spend time educating their referees in better observation skills. They obviously get caught up looking at other things and then make calls based on an aftermath rather than actual events. Any call around the net that results in a referee calling off a goal should be reviewable, if there is obviously no contact, or minor contact that doesn't impede the ability to make a save, the goal should be allowed. This crap of guys like Watson calling off goals when they are out of position needs to end.

Another issue that needs to be addressed is the interference picks that teams run, the Sharks did it all over the ice last night. The Penquins do it all over the ice! Most teams do it to some extent. It kills many scoring opportunities before they even get to develop.

Obviously diving also needs to be eliminated, though I don't have any recommendation at to how to do that. Perhaps 5 former players, 5 AP writers, and 5 former officials on a panel that reviews games from the previous night and hands out game suspensions for diving. Who knows, but Setoguchi seems to have perfected the art.

GO WINGS!

WINGS IN 6

Challenge flags would do nothing, there are many penalties in football that cannot be challenged/reviewed and hockey would be no different. There is no realistic way to review judgment calls, which most penalties in hockey are.

Guest Lidstromboli

GGahff f***kenene RefFsf!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown::siren::ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: