Photo
- - - - -

NHL 10: My personal most dominant perfermance (with pictures!)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Robert le Tiers

Robert le Tiers

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:23 AM

I've scored more goals, sure, but it's the only time I've ever kept an opponent entirely shotless. And check out the first star--he had the game-winner. Strange to see him there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anybody else pull off a similar performance?

Edit: and I misspelled "performance" in the title. Embarrassing. . .

Edited by Robert le Tiers, 01 May 2010 - 03:24 AM.

#2 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

Not with Brett Lebda on the lineup.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#3 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:18 PM

I outshot one opponent 58-17 (most of his shots were perimeter shots with little chance of succeeding), had 12:12 of possession to his 2:44, and went 50% on the power play. The score was 13-0.

#4 Robert le Tiers

Robert le Tiers

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

I outshot one opponent 58-17 (most of his shots were perimeter shots with little chance of succeeding), had 12:12 of possession to his 2:44, and went 50% on the power play. The score was 13-0.

Jesus. I've never seen a double-digit score before. Closest I've come is when I was beat down 9-1 once. The guy kept his goalie pulled for the last ten minutes and I still couldn't score. It was terrible, especially since it was against Pittsburgh. . .

#5 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:23 AM

I am the guy that out shoots the team like 45-10 and all this but never hold them to 0 through 3. Best I had was 37-0 shots after 2.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#6 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

I am the guy that out shoots the team like 45-10 and all this but never hold them to 0 through 3. Best I had was 37-0 shots after 2.

It's very difficult to hold the opponent to zero shots if they are willing to take a lot of very bad shots. One of my friends repeatedly takes slapshots off the rush, with no screens set in front of the goalie. They go in 1-2% of the time.

#7 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

What difficulty do you all play on? Cause that is something that is missing to put these stats in perspective.

I just ask cause I play 09 still with 2 friends and we lock into positions and play on All Star and I think the most we have ever scored is 6 goals. I see all these epic dekes on you tube and stuff to and wonder cause I can't do that, not even close.

On a second look that's an online game though so difficulty isn't so much involved. lol

Edited by Nhurdi, 06 May 2010 - 09:03 PM.

#8 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:42 AM

My friend and I played online vs someone who was so bad we beat him 9-0 and he had 9 shots... We challenged him to a game again and to our surprise he accepted, so we made a stipulation between us that our goalie would be pulled all game so in effect we had to score more goals then he got shots. We ended up winning 12-5 (5 shots for him of course)

#9 Robert le Tiers

Robert le Tiers

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

What difficulty do you all play on? Cause that is something that is missing to put these stats in perspective.

I just ask cause I play 09 still with 2 friends and we lock into positions and play on All Star and I think the most we have ever scored is 6 goals. I see all these epic dekes on you tube and stuff to and wonder cause I can't do that, not even close.

On a second look that's an online game though so difficulty isn't so much involved. lol

Yeah, online game, there. But I play on Superstar when I'm not playing online.

#10 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

I think I would snap my disc if someone held me to no shots on goal.

#11 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

the best ive ever had was 13-0 score and shots were something like 47-6 and hits were something like 38-10

#12 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

the best ive ever had was 13-0 score and shots were something like 47-6 and hits were something like 38-10

Embarrassing. I've been schooled by people before, been shut out, but I've never been held to under 10 shots.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#13 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

It's very difficult to hold the opponent to zero shots if they are willing to take a lot of very bad shots. One of my friends repeatedly takes slapshots off the rush, with no screens set in front of the goalie. They go in 1-2% of the time.

I usually never take slapshots on a rush, I usually wait tell I am in the slot and take a shot and hope for a rebound that pops out so my guys can pound away at it. Sometimes it works, and when it does I come out of that rush by taking 2 or 3 shots off it.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users