• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I Red Wings I

5/1 OOT Playoff Gameday

Rate this topic

Doesn't your prison friend Bubba get jealous? :lol:

Big Bubba is mad at Puffy right now.

I told Bubba to try and escape the prison Shawshank Redemption style. Unfortunately he was too fat and he got stuck in the tunnel.

Why is everyone so happy about Chicago getting worked? Vancouver is a VERY VERY tough team. I've been saying this for a while, I want no part of them.

Chicago on the other hand, is fraudulent. I am confident the wings can take care of the hawks but not so confident about the canucks.

Why is everyone so happy about Chicago getting worked? Vancouver is a VERY VERY tough team. I've been saying this for a while, I want no part of them.

Chicago on the other hand, is fraudulent. I am confident the wings can take care of the hawks but not so confident about the canucks.

As long as the Hawks go down in the West and the Pens go down I am a happy man this season. I'd be really happy if the Wings did both.

I think the positive from this game for Chicago is that they are only down 1 game, they lost bad but in the end they are down 1 game in the series like they were against the Preds. But i said this before Nucks are the best looking team in the playoffs thus far.

Edited by Yak19

I got money on the Canucks, Wings, and Sharks to win the Cup. So if any of those 3 teams win i win.

Detroit and Vancouver are pretty high odds. So i would like, and am cheering for them to knock out the Hawks. Plus there the Hawks, who wants them to win?

Just saw the final scores from today.

Were the Canucks that good?

Or were the Hawks that bad?

It's always both with one perhaps a little more than the other. The Canucks played really well. The Hawks just looked flat out unprepared.

While they are probably planning the parade route in Van already, it's just one game. I'd expect the Hawks to pull it together and perhaps lay a licking on the Nucks next game. Watching two teams battle that you don't like, you just hope it's a long, exhausting 7 game ordeal and the winner staggers to the finish line...

Just saw the final scores from today.

Were the Canucks that good?

Or were the Hawks that bad?

The Canucks defense looked very solid, including Andrew AHLberts who had his best game as a Canuck. Might be able to change his name back if he keeps that up.

Erhoff was again a beast, but the entire D-core played well.

Kesler was also a beast making excellent defensive plays and getting two assists. Bernier and Wellwood continued their excellent post-season play and all four Canucks lines scored.

The Sedins were the Sedins, with them giving the Hakws D fits all night. One point each; Daniel with 11 points in 7 games; Henrik with 9.

Luongo was briliant and kept the Hawks off the scoreboard in the first period when he faced 17 shots. The only goal Chicago scored was on a 5 on 3 powerplay in the third.

Although the Canucks had few shots in the third, they continued to press with a very tough forecheck and the Hawks had no answer for it.

Patrick Kane played great, Byfuglien was a total non-factor, and despite some flashes of brilliance early, Niemi's weaknesses as a goaltender were exposed by the Canucks offense, which is clearly not the same offense as the Preds offense.

Definitely the best I've seen the Canucks play in this year's playoffs.

The mindset of the Canucks this year appears to be very different than in the past. Rick Ball from the Team 1040 witnessed the Canucks reaction in the dressing room after beating St Louis last year and LA this year. He said the celebrations were totally different. With St. Louis, they acted like they clinched the western conference. They were way over-the-top. With the win over LA, there was no over-the-top celebration at all. Ball said that they knew, unlike last year, that the journey had just begun. In my opinion, that shows a team with playoff experience is clearly maturing. You can also see this reflected in Luongo's post-game comment from last night when he was asked what the win means.

''Nothing. [it means] nothing to me,'' he said. ''It's only one game. We're here to win four games, not one. There's no satisfaction for me personally or for this team.''

An article out of Chicago.

CHICAGO – If the Blackhawks believed their playoff series against Vancouver Canucks would be a distant replay of the one last year, when they put their Western Conference rivals to bed in six games, then they learned a hard lesson at the United Center on Saturday night.

These are not your 2008-09 Vancouver Canucks.

This is the 2009-10 version, and it looks to be more talented and disciplined than the one that was its own worst enemy at times last spring.

The Hawks witnessed in a 5-1 loss that was every bit as one-sided as the score indicated.

“They’re really good,” said forward Patrick Kane, who netted a power-play goal in the third period. “It seems like they’ve gotten a lot better since last year. They’ve gotten contributions from everyone. They’re feelin’ it.”

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/articles/2010/05/02/39614960/index.xml

Edited by Chairman Maouth

I got money on the Canucks, Wings, and Sharks to win the Cup. So if any of those 3 teams win i win.

Detroit and Vancouver are pretty high odds. So i would like, and am cheering for them to knock out the Hawks. Plus there the Hawks, who wants them to win?

Hossa

The Canucks defense looked very solid, including Andrew AHLberts who had his best game as a Canuck. Might be able to change his name back if he keeps that up.

Erhoff was again a beast, but the entire D-core played well.

Kesler was also a beast making excellent defensive plays and getting two assists. Bernier and Wellwood continued their excellent post-season play and all four Canucks lines scored.

The Sedins were the Sedins, with them giving the Hakws D fits all night. One point each; Daniel with 11 points in 7 games; Henrik with 9.

Luongo was briliant and kept the Hawks off the scoreboard in the first period when he faced 17 shots. The only goal Chicago scored was on a 5 on 3 powerplay in the third.

Although the Canucks had few shots in the third, they continued to press with a very tough forecheck and the Hawks had no answer for it.

Patrick Kane played great, Byfuglien was a total non-factor, and despite some flashes of brilliance early, Niemi's weaknesses as a goaltender were exposed by the Canucks offense, which is clearly not the same offense as the Preds offense.

Definitely the best I've seen the Canucks play in this year's playoffs.

The mindset of the Canucks this year appears to be very different than in the past. Rick Ball from the Team 1040 witnessed the Canucks reaction in the dressing room after beating St Louis last year and LA this year. He said the celebrations were totally different. With St. Louis, they acted like they clinched the western conference. They were way over-the-top. With the win over LA, there was no over-the-top celebration at all. Ball said that they knew, unlike last year, that the journey had just begun. In my opinion, that shows a team with playoff experience is clearly maturing. You can also see this reflected in Luongo's post-game comment from last night when he was asked what the win means.

''Nothing. [it means] nothing to me,'' he said. ''It's only one game. We're here to win four games, not one. There's no satisfaction for me personally or for this team.''

An article out of Chicago.

Great write up. Cheers. :thumbup:

While they are probably planning the parade route in Van already, it's just one game. I'd expect the Hawks to pull it together and perhaps lay a licking on the Nucks next game. Watching two teams battle that you don't like, you just hope it's a long, exhausting 7 game ordeal and the winner staggers to the finish line...

Canucks fan coming in peace. I'm more of a hockey fan as opposed to just be a Canucks fan.

First of all, let me state that the fans of the Canucks have actually been relatively quiet in terms of celebration this year. Last year after we swept a team (St.Louis Blues) the city went nuts as if we were heading to the SCF and were facing a weak opponent. I only enjoyed the festivities as it was my girlfriend's first true playoff experience.

This year, the boys and the city have really matured. After we eliminated the Kings, we were relatively quiet, maybe a hour of celebration in the downtown core then it was off to go home and wait for the next round (we were all hoping for the Hawks.) As a fan of the team, I can truly say how proud I am that we're not as arrogant about winning one round and understanding that it's 16 games that you have to win before celebrating the we were celebrating previously.

There are of course the 16 year olds who look a head to the WCF and think that one win against the Hawks means we have it sealed. Majority of the knowledgeable Canuck fans know that this series is far from over. We wanted a split, and we already have one in the bag. If we win again tomorrow, it would be absolutely huge as we do own the best home record with all the teams left in the playoffs.

Getting back on topic though I really want to see a Wings vs Canucks WCF. I have the utmost respect for Lidstrom, but after that goal from center ice against Dan Cloutier, I have wanted another shot against the Wings. Surely I really do believe it would be one of the most entertaining series' in the playoffs for a long long time.

My philosophy is to be the best you have to be the best. Last year you guys represented the West and were the best. I wish you guys the best of luck and really believe the Wings will bounce back against Nabby and the Sharks.

PS Anyone else think the San Jose Pom Pom's are really bloody annoying?

Have a good one guys!