• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Personally, I am willing to forgive and forget. Especially if he's still as good as he was when he last donned the winged wheel. But I do understand people still being ticked off for him leaving. I think his return will be a positive for our team for sure.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#2 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

It doesn't look like we're going to have that much cap space this summer (excluding Hudler) so we won't be able to get someone better for the same price. He f***ed us last summer but may as well have him back.

I'd ship him off in a trade instantly though if there was a deal worth it.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#3 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:59 PM

I didn't feel like I was personally affronted when he left, so now that he's coming back for next season, I'm quite happy about it. We need all the depth we can get and whatever way he can help, we're glad to have it.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#4 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

It doesn't look like we're going to have that much cap space this summer (excluding Hudler) so we won't be able to get someone better for the same price. He f***ed us last summer but may as well have him back.

So what, Bigcock f***ed him so many times he had every right to take the money and run, fly, sail or any effing way to get out from under bigdicks boot.

#5 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:38 PM

So what, Bigcock f***ed him so many times he had every right to take the money and run, fly, sail or any effing way to get out from under bigdicks boot.

Bigcock? Bigdick?

Call me crazy, but it would appear you don't like Mike Babcock.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#6 adtthosa

adtthosa

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

Can't blame him for taking the money, I was never mad to begin with. It'll be great to have him back.

#7 FedorovGurl

FedorovGurl

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image OMG you guys.. like remember when Hudler left and then was like gone and then is like coming back and stuff??
Welcome Back Kotter Hudler!! ".... who'd of thought they'd lead ya back here where we need ya? "

#8 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,239 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

Wher'e does he fit in with this team?

I don't see him playing on the top 6, but then again he's not a bottom 6 forward either.

We could use his depth, but I doubt he wants to play here as some guy with limited minutes that has to rotate games.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#9 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:28 PM

Hudler has already proven he can put up above average second line numbers while playing third line minutes, is reasonably defensively responsible (contrary to popular belief he is not lazy or bad defensively inept, but rather relatively slow for the NHL. In terms of defense awareness he is actually far above average), and has untapped potential. Also he already knows our system and has shown good chemistry with Filppula as well as Z and Franzen on the powerplay unit.

For 2.8 million he is a steal compared to the market price other free agents will get. Anything under 60 points for him will be a major dissapointment for me, and I would not be surprised to see him hit 70.

Out of curiosity, who are these better players for the same price you speak of?
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#10 UP Wings Fan

UP Wings Fan

UP Wings Fan

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

I'm a bit frustrated that he left the team, but......I don't know anyone that would chose differently than what he chose given the offer! Money talks! I would change companies in a heart beat if someone offered me better money to do the same thing!

#11 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

I'm a bit frustrated that he left the team, but......I don't know anyone that would chose differently than what he chose given the offer! Money talks! I would change companies in a heart beat if someone offered me better money to do the same thing!

There is a man with a realistic perception of his morals and loyalty. I find it rather unlikely that many of the people bashing Hudler for abandoning the Wings would pass up a short term job from another non-rival company that offered much more respect, responsibility, and three times the money.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#12 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

Wher'e does he fit in with this team?

I don't see him playing on the top 6, but then again he's not a bottom 6 forward either.

We could use his depth, but I doubt he wants to play here as some guy with limited minutes that has to rotate games.

Why wouldn't he fit on the team? Williams is definitely not staying. I think it's obvious that only one of Bertuzzi and Holmstrom is staying. Or if we can sign Holmstrom cheap he can play in the 3rd and 4th line and then on the PP. Franzen has to be more physical though, and I think he can do it if there isn't an another injury like that.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Hudler-Filppula-Franzen (kinda like Hossa-Filppula-Franzen)
Cleary-Abdelkader-Eaves
Miller-Helm-"tough guy"
+ Draper, Ritola
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#13 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

Actually, more money to have a chance to do an even better job since he's considered to be a better player over there. Everyone on this board would have done the same thing.

#14 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

No one's really been able to answer this question in the other Hudler debates either. Maybe it's because Hudler is one of the best - if not THE BEST - player available on the market with that kinda money.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#15 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

It was definitely frustrating that he left and by then we had already let Sammy go, but I think it may have helped since we didn't really have much cap space for the season to start with.
Question: did it make a difference with being able to keep Lilja and everyone on the roster at that point during the season?
I definitely don't see it as a bad thing that he left for the season, and really the only unfortunate thing is that he can't play for us right now.
Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#16 HelmerFan

HelmerFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

Welcome back Huds. Glad he came home. Some may say he "screwed" the team, but come on. If i said to you, Hey do you want 2.8 Million Dollars taxed or 5 Million Dollars tax free.... what would you say?

#17 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

Bigcock? Bigdick?

Call me crazy, but it would appear you don't like Mike Babcock.

Or really likes him.

I said there aren't any.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#18 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

I hold no ill will towards Hudler, sure he put Holland in a tight spot, but if Kenny is excited to have him back, that's good enough for me.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#19 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

Methinks Hudler will be buying the team a few of their meals upon his return.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#20 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

At first i was mad that he left but after awhile and realizing how idiotic it wouldve been to pass up 10 million dollars tax free i understood why he left and also i had a hunch he was coming back. Now that its official welcome back happy huds!!!!!
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!