• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

10 Minute Misconduct

Eaves misses practice

Rate this topic

Detroit Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves didn't practice Saturday due to an arm injury sustained in the last round against Phoenix. The club thinks he'll play Sunday in Game 2 vs. San Jose (8 p.m., Versus exclusive), but it's not definite.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/05/patrick_eaves_not_practicing_f.html

Well, on the optimistic side, maybe Williams is so pissed at himself that he'll come back ready to kill. Then again, it's Williams. Hope Eaves comes back soon...I like that guy.

I was about to say that. Maybe it'll light a fire up Williams' ass.

But that would explain why Eaves hasn't been anything special in the playoffs. Barely noticeable.

I was about to say that. Maybe it'll light a fire up Williams' ass.

But that would explain why Eaves hasn't been anything special in the playoffs. Barely noticeable.

Yeah, Eaves has been invisible in these playoffs.

He was much better in the regular season, but that's probably because we had many injuries and more was expected from him.

That line is the same way. Eaves/Helm/Draper was good for us at one time, but it's been forever since they've done anything out there that produced a goal.

I doubt Williams will be an improvement, though, especially against a physical San Jose team.

Give Williams a shot. I guess.

They've generously given him many opportunities for like the past 8 years and it's the same story every time. He starts out decent, gets a point or two, but eventually falls into a pattern where he floats around and loses seemingly every single battle for the puck.

They've generously given him many opportunities for like the past 8 years and it's the same story every time. He starts out decent, gets a point or two, but eventually falls into a pattern where he floats around and loses seemingly every single battle for the puck.

I would like it if he could get a point or two tomorrow, and then we can put Eaves back in for game 3. :thumbup:

I doubt Williams will be an improvement, though, especially against a physical San Jose team.

sharks are bigger but no way they are tougher than Phoenix. In fact, sharks allow us to play our puck possession game. This is the biggest positive thing I see now. Williams disappears against hard checking teams. I think he could be good against SJS.

It seems Eaves always picks up these little practice injuries.

Im not a huge supporter of Brad May but even I would prefer to see him over Williams.

Anyone but Williams.

lol in comparison to hockey aspects how s***ty is it for Williams that everyone here would either have a straight goon or 2 minor league player (who have only had a very few games up) over him in the line up? It's his own fault the guy just doesn't look like he plays with an ounce passion. I'd love for brad May so he could possibly f*** Thorton up (although extremely unlikely) I'd be more then willing to accept Ritola; I don't know much about Mursak but why the f*** not, as everyone else has said "anyone but williams, that f***face"

Eaves hasn't been at his best, for sure, but he has still been pretty good on the PK (a lot of PP goals have come with different pairings). He hasn't hit as much as I thought he would, but I thought he generated some excellent scoring chances in Game 1, especially early.

If he does come in, Williams had better perform. I'd prefer to see Mursak or Ritola though.