• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:42 AM

Looking for cheap (fake) jerseys. There was a thread about this a few months but it was deleted due to the crash. What I'm basically looking for is to diversify my jersey collection. Yes, I know the quality is not very good and some look awful, but the price is what attracts me. I already have a RBK Winter Classic, Home, and Away jersey (all legitimate). What I'm looking for are the following:
1. USA Rafalski
1a. USA Parise
2. Bruins Winter Classic Savard (or any other Savard jersey)

Really, I just want a non-Wings jersey that I can wear out on the pond in the Winters. Not really willing to spend $130+ on a jersey of a team I'm not a die hard of lol. I know that some of the well known sites are
Jersey101
ecseller
dhgate

Anybody know any others??
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#2 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:56 AM

http://www.hoticejerseys.com

They have everything your looking for. Order 6 for free shipping!
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#3 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:58 AM

http://www.hoticejerseys.com

They have everything your looking for. Order 6 for free shipping!

Thanks a lot! Unfortunately for the USA jerseys is that they have the names on the blue back drop. On the real jerseys, it is underneath that...pretty big mistake. I'm surprised they haven't caught that bc they are like that on most sites.
Posted Image

#4 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:35 AM

Please don't support these crooks.
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#5 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:59 AM

I think having a few authentic jerseys is a must before getting one of these - then it's completely legit.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#6 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

Yeah if shelling out $200+ for a jersey or two is feasible sure, authentic is the way to go.

However if you were more looking to spend $20-$35 for a jersey and roughly Half of that again in shipping (usually a little more than half, some sites if you get 10 or more Jerseys you can get free shipping).

I have bought about 12 Jerseys for myself and another 4-8 for friends.

They look cool, the stitching is not the correct font, but it is close enough that only die hard Jersey people are going to notice.

Me personally I have a $150 NHL Reebok Datsyuk (replica) that is in my opinion worth about $30. Seriously, the material is cheap, the letters and numbers are this weird red and really shiny. You can see through the Jersey easier than you can a Mesh penney from gym class. And I purchased it through NHL.com, not ESPN store or some weird web retailer, nope, NHL.com has bar none the cheapest quality NHL replica you will find on the planet!

The so called knock offs, Z Red, Lids WC both with A, C and Z has the Stanley Cup patch, (one must remember these are knock offs, and China is absolutely the best at faking the real s***), are a thicker material, better lettering and numbering, fight strap, it is at least 2 if not 3 layers of fabric. I would have gladly paid the $150 for these. However the biggest negative is sizing, I am pretty lucky to be a guy who wears a 50 but can also do a 48 or a 52. If you often have a hard time because you are between sizes, don't order here. The Jersey will probably not fit. They are Asian sized, which usually means smaller, and I am not sure their sizing chart works all that well. I have one jersey(Lawrence Maroney NE pats Football) that I swear is two sizes too big, and a Tom Brady same size number on the patch and the Brady fits like a glove. The B-ball jerseys are way tooo long, I am over 6 feet and mostly legs, they hang to my knees, I have to tuck them in, or get them hemmed. I will say though as far as width and neckline and that crap, the NBA ones are a perfect fit, they are just long as hell!

I used to go to lightinthebox.com the site that started the original thread, now I use either http://www.jerseyins...x.php?main_page or http://www.nfljersey...com/index.html.

Others have used a guy called Jack in the past, you email him, he will send you a list of what he has. And then every single goddamn day from then on you will receive, what one can only assume is a letter from this guy, did I mention every single day. Either to let you know he has new stock, or to ask you what UFC shirt is hot Style. I was waiting for a friend to get me his order, I got so many emails from this dude that I went to the JerseyWholesaler link above, just because he emailed me so much. Had he left me alone I would have ordered 10 Jerseys from him.

YOU MUST REMEMBER THESE ARE KNOCK OFFS!

If you are hoping to add a jersey or two to your collection and don't have the $Dough$ for Authentics (like me I can get 5-8 Jerseys for the price of one Authentic and that includes shipping on the non authentic.) this is a great way to go.

Now the complaint being that these are rip offs and you are stealing from the NHL, well the same company is probably making the jerseys, and then selling them through this "Wholesaler". And if the NHL ones were worth close to their price I would be a little more agreeable with that statement. But then again I try not to let my politics get in the way of my fandom!

Some say they are thieves, they are corrupt, but they don't steal my money and the product is what I wanted, unlike the NHL which I barely wear my Dats Jersey because it is so cheap looking, pity really, now I have to go out and buy a Dats Jersey I will wear.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#7 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:08 AM

Please don't support these crooks.

It's a nice knee-jerk response, but when you think about it, it doesn't hold water.

Let's go with a head-to-head comparison. Datsyuk, home jersey, size 50.

From shop.nhl.com
  • Appliqué numbers/letters, not stitched.
  • No fight strap
  • Thinner material
  • Cost- $149.99

From ECSeller
  • Stitched numbers/letters
  • Fight strap- at least on most
  • Thicker material
  • Cost- $49.99

If you ignore the seller name, the NHL "Official" one should be cheaper- thinner material, iron-on patches. Yet, it's triple the price. I already have authentic Chelios and Helm jerseys, I buy the T-shirts, and I go to the games. I feel no need to drop $150 for a lesser jersey.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#8 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

Are the ones from Jersey101 any good? I was going to buy one from JerseyInStock but they shut down.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:01 PM

Yeah if shelling out $200+ for a jersey or two is feasible sure, authentic is the way to go.

However if you were more looking to spend $20-$35 for a jersey and roughly Half of that again in shipping (usually a little more than half, some sites if you get 10 or more Jerseys you can get free shipping).

I have bought about 12 Jerseys for myself and another 4-8 for friends.

They look cool, the stitching is not the correct font, but it is close enough that only die hard Jersey people are going to notice.

Me personally I have a $150 NHL Reebok Datsyuk (replica) that is in my opinion worth about $30. Seriously, the material is cheap, the letters and numbers are this weird red and really shiny. You can see through the Jersey easier than you can a Mesh penney from gym class. And I purchased it through NHL.com, not ESPN store or some weird web retailer, nope, NHL.com has bar none the cheapest quality NHL replica you will find on the planet!

The so called knock offs, Z Red, Lids WC both with A, C and Z has the Stanley Cup patch, (one must remember these are knock offs, and China is absolutely the best at faking the real s***), are a thicker material, better lettering and numbering, fight strap, it is at least 2 if not 3 layers of fabric. I would have gladly paid the $150 for these. However the biggest negative is sizing, I am pretty lucky to be a guy who wears a 50 but can also do a 48 or a 52. If you often have a hard time because you are between sizes, don't order here. The Jersey will probably not fit. They are Asian sized, which usually means smaller, and I am not sure their sizing chart works all that well. I have one jersey(Lawrence Maroney NE pats Football) that I swear is two sizes too big, and a Tom Brady same size number on the patch and the Brady fits like a glove. The B-ball jerseys are way tooo long, I am over 6 feet and mostly legs, they hang to my knees, I have to tuck them in, or get them hemmed. I will say though as far as width and neckline and that crap, the NBA ones are a perfect fit, they are just long as hell!

I used to go to lightinthebox.com the site that started the original thread, now I use either http://www.jerseyins...x.php?main_page or http://www.nfljersey...com/index.html.

Others have used a guy called Jack in the past, you email him, he will send you a list of what he has. And then every single goddamn day from then on you will receive, what one can only assume is a letter from this guy, did I mention every single day. Either to let you know he has new stock, or to ask you what UFC shirt is hot Style. I was waiting for a friend to get me his order, I got so many emails from this dude that I went to the JerseyWholesaler link above, just because he emailed me so much. Had he left me alone I would have ordered 10 Jerseys from him.

YOU MUST REMEMBER THESE ARE KNOCK OFFS!

If you are hoping to add a jersey or two to your collection and don't have the $Dough$ for Authentics (like me I can get 5-8 Jerseys for the price of one Authentic and that includes shipping on the non authentic.) this is a great way to go.

Now the complaint being that these are rip offs and you are stealing from the NHL, well the same company is probably making the jerseys, and then selling them through this "Wholesaler". And if the NHL ones were worth close to their price I would be a little more agreeable with that statement. But then again I try not to let my politics get in the way of my fandom!

Some say they are thieves, they are corrupt, but they don't steal my money and the product is what I wanted, unlike the NHL which I barely wear my Dats Jersey because it is so cheap looking, pity really, now I have to go out and buy a Dats Jersey I will wear.

Great answer. Really appreciated it. Funny how the Winter Classic jersey I have is basically see through and the Away Lidstrom one I have has the same problem. I would personally rather have a good fake over a 150 RBK premiere. I keep encountering the same problem with the USA jerseys though. The problem is that all the jerseys are modelled after the 1980 Olympic jerseys, worn at Lake Placid. There were a few subtle changes to that jersey....apparently the people who make these fakes didn't notice that.
Posted Image

#10 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

It's a nice knee-jerk response, but when you think about it, it doesn't hold water.

Let's go with a head-to-head comparison. Datsyuk, home jersey, size 50.

From shop.nhl.com

• Appliqué numbers/letters, not stitched.
  • No fight strap
  • Thinner material
  • Cost- $149.99

From ECSeller
  • Stitched numbers/letters
  • Fight strap- at least on most
  • Thicker material
  • Cost- $49.99

If you ignore the seller name, the NHL "Official" one should be cheaper- thinner material, iron-on patches. Yet, it's triple the price. I already have authentic Chelios and Helm jerseys, I buy the T-shirts, and I go to the games. I feel no need to drop $150 for a lesser jersey.

Please explain how my "knee jerk reaction" doesn't hold water? Are they stealing? Yes they are. That is plain and simple and always a problem with China and not just in stupid jerseys. Maybe you would feel different if someone else stole your idea/work and made profit from it while you lost. Don't worry about ties to organized crime/terrorism(don't kid yourself and think that it's not true), jobs are lost, economy is affected, child labor laws violated,health concerns, loss of tax revenue,etc. So enjoy your stolen goods for cheap,but the long term effects will cost you far more.
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#11 Wombat

Wombat

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

The prices for officially licensed jerseys are insane. The markup is outrageous. Now, I've never bought one of the black market ones but I'm coming close to doing so for some other sports. If the official ones were only twice as expensive, I would probably only consider those. But 4 to 6 times as expensive? To me that is ridiculous.

#12 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

So enjoy your stolen goods for cheap,but the long term effects will cost you far more.

I was with you until this hyperbole right here.
*this space for rent*

#13 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

Please explain how my "knee jerk reaction" doesn't hold water? Are they stealing? Yes they are. That is plain and simple and always a problem with China and not just in stupid jerseys. Maybe you would feel different if someone else stole your idea/work and made profit from it while you lost. Don't worry about ties to organized crime/terrorism(don't kid yourself and think that it's not true), jobs are lost, economy is affected, child labor laws violated,health concerns, loss of tax revenue,etc. So enjoy your stolen goods for cheap,but the long term effects will cost you far more.

Go look at your jersey and tell me where it was made, even if legit. Indonesia? China? Your blue jeans from Bangladesh?

The NHL needs to compete. Charging $150 for poor quality is just asking for someone to rip it off.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#14 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

EDIT:
You never claimed American business to be better I infered it!
But I sure hope you look at the tag and manufacture of every thing you but, any time you call support I hope you complain that it is being outsourced to Malasia, India, Philipines, etc...
Because if you have this opinion towards me and my jersey how about you and your house full of Wal-Mart goods (or what other store you but from) that are all made in another country but sold by an "American Company", that up until recently refused to give employees any of the following:
Health Care
Overtime
any kind of retirement or vacation.

Enjoy your Nikes that have been stitched by 8 year old Indonesian kids for years.

/Edit

I love how people preach American Business like it is the most pristine of all industries, there is no one more corrupt than the American Executive.

You do realize that 90% of businesses around the world have the same problems you posted here right?

So tell me how business in the US is any more ethical than what you posted above?

I will give you the child labor laws you got me on that. But please tell me how the American Business man and his backhanded tactics are any better than the ones you posted.

Jobs are lost yearly so that the higher ups can keep jobs, golden parachutes, illegal immigrants, organized crime (don't kid yourself and think that it is not true) jobs are lost and economy is affected when I buy an iPod instead of a Zune.

American business men are arrested or at least prosecuted for numerous violations monthly. Stealing from employees, clients, and even the gov't. The difference here is that this Chinese company is stealing from Americans, it is ok if it is Americans stealing from Americans I guess.

Even though the NHL makes their Jerseys in CHINA! Because it is cheaper to out source than hire Americans!

So if the same product was made in Alabama instead of China would you have a problem, nope, you have a problem just because of where I bought it. Oh wait the NHL produces its Jerseys from some of the same plants that these Jerseys are coming from.

I work in computers so maybe that skews my opinion, an industry where if you can copy the competition and put it out cheaper you win. Sure MS Office is a huge corporate entity, but my Open Office.org is way more robust, easier to use, I can save in like 700 formats. Granted their company is not tied to illegal practices, but then again neither are any of these websites. But both of the products are knock offs.

Lucky we both have a choice that can be made here, I choose the higher quality cheaper jersey. Btw the only comparable product is the Authentic, and due to price their is no comparison to be found.

And truth be told without these sites I would have the Dats jersey from the NHL only, no NBA, NFL, Soccer, MLB, and other Wings Jerseys. So really no revenue or tax was lost, as there was no way in hell I was paying $150 for a SEE THROUGH Jersey.

As others have said, if the NHL halved their prices and matched the Chinese quality I would gladly pay $75 for it, as is I get 3-4 times the jersey for 1/4 the price. I am no economics major but it makes no sense for me to order from the NHL. Again the NHL product is by far the cheapest quality available and is without a doubt the most expensive. To me that is the real crime here.

Edited by Opie, 02 May 2010 - 01:19 PM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#15 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

Try This DH Gate is the only one I have seen thanks for the others

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 02 May 2010 - 01:15 PM.

#16 Stinkyness

Stinkyness

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

http://www.ecseller....uctshow_344.htm

Pulled the trigger on a Lids Winter classic, and a red zetterberg. I have official licensed jerserys, and frankly I'm unhappy with them, price and quality. It's time to let the chicoms impress me with thier capitalist endeavors.

#17 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:35 PM

Try This DH Gate is the only one I have seen thanks for the others

Yeah I was looking at thsoe. Not sure of the quality though. Ideally, I really want a blue USA jersey. Parise, Kessel, or Rafalski. If I can't find that, I would go with the white one (not the retro)
Posted Image

#18 Howard35

Howard35

1:15 into Double OT

• 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

Supporting the counterfeiters is disgusting. These jerseys suck, look like crap, and encourages the production of illegal merchandise.

Montreal has the right idea.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl,236267
Posted ImageHOWARD 35 Posted Image

#19 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

Supporting the counterfeiters is disgusting. These jerseys suck, look like crap, and encourages the production of illegal merchandise.

Montreal has the right idea.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl,236267

Get off your high horse.
Posted Image

#20 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

EDIT:
You never claimed American business to be better I infered it!
But I sure hope you look at the tag and manufacture of every thing you but, any time you call support I hope you complain that it is being outsourced to Malasia, India, Philipines, etc...
Because if you have this opinion towards me and my jersey how about you and your house full of Wal-Mart goods (or what other store you but from) that are all made in another country but sold by an "American Company", that up until recently refused to give employees any of the following:
Health Care
Overtime
any kind of retirement or vacation.

Enjoy your Nikes that have been stitched by 8 year old Indonesian kids for years.

/Edit

I love how people preach American Business like it is the most pristine of all industries, there is no one more corrupt than the American Executive.

You do realize that 90% of businesses around the world have the same problems you posted here right?

So tell me how business in the US is any more ethical than what you posted above?

I will give you the child labor laws you got me on that. But please tell me how the American Business man and his backhanded tactics are any better than the ones you posted.

Jobs are lost yearly so that the higher ups can keep jobs, golden parachutes, illegal immigrants, organized crime (don't kid yourself and think that it is not true) jobs are lost and economy is affected when I buy an iPod instead of a Zune.

American business men are arrested or at least prosecuted for numerous violations monthly. Stealing from employees, clients, and even the gov't. The difference here is that this Chinese company is stealing from Americans, it is ok if it is Americans stealing from Americans I guess.

Even though the NHL makes their Jerseys in CHINA! Because it is cheaper to out source than hire Americans!

So if the same product was made in Alabama instead of China would you have a problem, nope, you have a problem just because of where I bought it. Oh wait the NHL produces its Jerseys from some of the same plants that these Jerseys are coming from.

I work in computers so maybe that skews my opinion, an industry where if you can copy the competition and put it out cheaper you win. Sure MS Office is a huge corporate entity, but my Open Office.org is way more robust, easier to use, I can save in like 700 formats. Granted their company is not tied to illegal practices, but then again neither are any of these websites. But both of the products are knock offs.

Lucky we both have a choice that can be made here, I choose the higher quality cheaper jersey. Btw the only comparable product is the Authentic, and due to price their is no comparison to be found.

And truth be told without these sites I would have the Dats jersey from the NHL only, no NBA, NFL, Soccer, MLB, and other Wings Jerseys. So really no revenue or tax was lost, as there was no way in hell I was paying $150 for a SEE THROUGH Jersey.

As others have said, if the NHL halved their prices and matched the Chinese quality I would gladly pay $75 for it, as is I get 3-4 times the jersey for 1/4 the price. I am no economics major but it makes no sense for me to order from the NHL. Again the NHL product is by far the cheapest quality available and is without a doubt the most expensive. To me that is the real crime here.

Walmart still doesn't GIVE their employees health insurance! It is available for them to purchase but 80% do not make enough to afford it..... They claim their employees average over $10.00 per hour but what they don't tell you is that they include ALL SALARIED MANAGERS AND EXECUTIVES COMPENSATION INCLUDING BONUSES to come up with that number. Shop Walmart SUPPORT CHINA, which is where the vast majority of their s*** comes from.. I haven't been to a Walmart in years and will never step foot into any of their stores including SAM CLUB. f*** they're the ones that started this f***in s*** of importing by the SHIPLOAD.