• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:25 AM

I just bought a blank Reebok Premier - not the Edge authentic - away jersey from a guy on Craigslist. $65 shipped. He has a number of them in every size. They're totally legit (which is always a worry) and in the metro Detroit area.

Below are photos from the ad. Better photos than I can take from my phone, but if you'd like to see more (because seeing is believing) then just PM me.

Posted Image
Posted Image

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#42 ripham23232

ripham23232

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:11 AM

Last summer I bought two jerseys off of ebay. Both came from China, although the listings both said the seller was located in Canada. Either way, I bought a Datsyuk Winter Classic, and its a piece of crap. I refuse to wear it anywhere. The nameplates, logo, and wc logo are all crooked, and the stitching is terrible. The red band across the jersey doesn't match up on the seams. It just looks bad.

The other jersey is an Ovechkin Red Capitals jersey. It is the premier variety, and absolutely beautiful. I wear it probably once a week, and comparing it to some of the "real" premier jerseys, there is no noticeable difference.

Posted Image

#43 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

bought my pops a lidstrom jersey for $32 total. if it looks like s*** i will let yall know...all the other jerseys i bought from dhgate.com (5 total) look and feel pretty legit.

#44 rbkhockey43

rbkhockey43

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

Whats the difference between the Premiers and the Edge Authentics?
Posted Image

#45 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

Whats the difference between the Premiers and the Edge Authentics?

The Edge jerseys are the ones the players wear on the ice - heavier weight, fight strap, no size tag on the outside, breathable panels on the sides. Premiers are the kind you'd find at ****'s or Champs - replicas made for fans. I personally love the lightweight style of the Premiers, but I know a lot of people don't.

If you're thinking of getting a Premier then I suggest going to a store and just trying one on.

#46 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:55 AM

I just bought a blank Reebok Premier - not the Edge authentic - away jersey from a guy on Craigslist. $65 shipped. He has a number of them in every size. They're totally legit (which is always a worry) and in the metro Detroit area.

Below are photos from the ad. Better photos than I can take from my phone, but if you'd like to see more (because seeing is believing) then just PM me.

Posted Image
Posted Image

could you hit me with a link to that per chance?
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#47 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

could you hit me with a link to that per chance?

Sent.

#48 rbkhockey43

rbkhockey43

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

The Edge jerseys are the ones the players wear on the ice - heavier weight, fight strap, no size tag on the outside, breathable panels on the sides. Premiers are the kind you'd find at ****'s or Champs - replicas made for fans. I personally love the lightweight style of the Premiers, but I know a lot of people don't.

If you're thinking of getting a Premier then I suggest going to a store and just trying one on.

Alright, thanks. I was going to get an Authentic, but when you can get premiers for 80-90 $ online, I don't think it's worth $350 for an Authentic, I could get 4 premiers o_O
Posted Image

#49 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

Please explain how my "knee jerk reaction" doesn't hold water? Are they stealing? Yes they are. That is plain and simple and always a problem with China and not just in stupid jerseys. Maybe you would feel different if someone else stole your idea/work and made profit from it while you lost. Don't worry about ties to organized crime/terrorism(don't kid yourself and think that it's not true), jobs are lost, economy is affected, child labor laws violated,health concerns, loss of tax revenue,etc. So enjoy your stolen goods for cheap,but the long term effects will cost you far more.

I like buying local and buying American as much as the next guy but its just a jersey. It's not like it's cars or something we put a ton of money into.

#50 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

For those of you who have bought from the infamous JACK WU, what size jersey should I get? I'm 18, 120 lb and 5'7. I need a small jersey, but I know the Chinese jerseys are all funny in size

O.o

#51 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

From what I've seen, the fake Chinese jerseys vary greatly in quality. I've seen some that most would be hard pressed to tell whether it was real or not. I've seen others that were laughable. I don't know if these people selling them are thieves, terrorists, mobsters, or just some poor Chinese trying to make a buck. We can debate how ethical it is to buy from them forever. However, the truth is that Reebok is getting their jerseys from overseas anyway, probably from the same manufacturers as the fakes, and charging hundreds of dollars for them.

Until Reebok changes their business model, I won't be buying any of their "official" jerseys. Other than their authentic Edge jerseys, which as far as I know are still made in Canada, their replicas are made of junk material, the construction is very poor, and they are made in Indonesia. The replica jerseys of yesterday were made in Canada, and they are 100% nicer than anything made overseas now. Reebok has totally cheaped out on the materials and construction, yet they still charge a premium price.

If you want to stop buying Reebok replica crap, but don't want to support the Chinese imposters, just buy from the secondary market, such as ebay. I've purchased all of my jerseys there, all are made in Canada, and the prices are good. For example, I almost bid on this jersey, but didn't because I needed to use the money for something else: http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT An authentic KOHO jersey, sold for $75. icejerseys.com has a trading post where people are always selling jerseys - I purchased an authentic /w fight strap Red Wings, Nike brand, white home jersey for $80 shipped. These kinds of deals pop up regularly if you keep tabs on it.

#52 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

From what I've seen, the fake Chinese jerseys vary greatly in quality. I've seen some that most would be hard pressed to tell whether it was real or not. I've seen others that were laughable. I don't know if these people selling them are thieves, terrorists, mobsters, or just some poor Chinese trying to make a buck. We can debate how ethical it is to buy from them forever. However, the truth is that Reebok is getting their jerseys from overseas anyway, probably from the same manufacturers as the fakes, and charging hundreds of dollars for them.

Until Reebok changes their business model, I won't be buying any of their "official" jerseys. Other than their authentic Edge jerseys, which as far as I know are still made in Canada, their replicas are made of junk material, the construction is very poor, and they are made in Indonesia. The replica jerseys of yesterday were made in Canada, and they are 100% nicer than anything made overseas now. Reebok has totally cheaped out on the materials and construction, yet they still charge a premium price.

If you want to stop buying Reebok replica crap, but don't want to support the Chinese imposters, just buy from the secondary market, such as ebay. I've purchased all of my jerseys there, all are made in Canada, and the prices are good. For example, I almost bid on this jersey, but didn't because I needed to use the money for something else: http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT An authentic KOHO jersey, sold for $75. icejerseys.com has a trading post where people are always selling jerseys - I purchased an authentic /w fight strap Red Wings, Nike brand, white home jersey for $80 shipped. These kinds of deals pop up regularly if you keep tabs on it.

This. Craigslist is a great resource, too.

Just beware that the secondary seller isn't selling a Chinese knock-off themselves.

#53 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

This. Craigslist is a great resource, too.

Just beware that the secondary seller isn't selling a Chinese knock-off themselves.

True. This is a good resource on how to pick out fake Edge jerseys, with side by side pictures: http://forums.icejer...?showtopic=2412

I haven't seen many fakes of the pre-Reebok CCM, KOHO, or Nike, other than Olympic jerseys.

#54 hokeychik22

hokeychik22

leapin' lou fontinato

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

http://www.sportsk.com

just about to post this site. i got my jerseys from here. fast, great service too.

#55 plopster

plopster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

Anybody buy a jersey and have it customized from sportsk? I see their price is $128 for that. I dont mind paying that if its good quality. I bought a Winter Classic and a Wings practice jersey from NHL. Both were very thin and cheap feeling for the price. And as has been said, the name is not sewn on. pretty lame. So if sportsk has better material jerseys with the right stitching I would be glad to buy from them.

#56 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

Anybody buy a jersey and have it customized from sportsk? I see their price is $128 for that. I dont mind paying that if its good quality. I bought a Winter Classic and a Wings practice jersey from NHL. Both were very thin and cheap feeling for the price. And as has been said, the name is not sewn on. pretty lame. So if sportsk has better material jerseys with the right stitching I would be glad to buy from them.

Have done- my Helm jersey came from there. Every stitch as good as my CCM Chelios, or the older CCM Shanahan Jenny has. I'd buy from them sight-unseen with confidence.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#57 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:31 PM

Sportsk is very good. They do authentic work, and their prices are very reasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from there.

#58 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:59 PM

Does anyone know if/where I can get a McCarty jersey? I'm trying to start a jersey collection, and I'm having trouble finding a D-Mac jersey.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#59 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

Yeah if shelling out $200+ for a jersey or two is feasible sure, authentic is the way to go.

However if you were more looking to spend $20-$35 for a jersey and roughly Half of that again in shipping (usually a little more than half, some sites if you get 10 or more Jerseys you can get free shipping).

I have bought about 12 Jerseys for myself and another 4-8 for friends.

They look cool, the stitching is not the correct font, but it is close enough that only die hard Jersey people are going to notice.

Me personally I have a $150 NHL Reebok Datsyuk (replica) that is in my opinion worth about $30. Seriously, the material is cheap, the letters and numbers are this weird red and really shiny. You can see through the Jersey easier than you can a Mesh penney from gym class. And I purchased it through NHL.com, not ESPN store or some weird web retailer, nope, NHL.com has bar none the cheapest quality NHL replica you will find on the planet!

The so called knock offs, Z Red, Lids WC both with A, C and Z has the Stanley Cup patch, (one must remember these are knock offs, and China is absolutely the best at faking the real s***), are a thicker material, better lettering and numbering, fight strap, it is at least 2 if not 3 layers of fabric. I would have gladly paid the $150 for these. However the biggest negative is sizing, I am pretty lucky to be a guy who wears a 50 but can also do a 48 or a 52. If you often have a hard time because you are between sizes, don't order here. The Jersey will probably not fit. They are Asian sized, which usually means smaller, and I am not sure their sizing chart works all that well. I have one jersey(Lawrence Maroney NE pats Football) that I swear is two sizes too big, and a Tom Brady same size number on the patch and the Brady fits like a glove. The B-ball jerseys are way tooo long, I am over 6 feet and mostly legs, they hang to my knees, I have to tuck them in, or get them hemmed. I will say though as far as width and neckline and that crap, the NBA ones are a perfect fit, they are just long as hell!

I used to go to lightinthebox.com the site that started the original thread, now I use either http://www.jerseyins...x.php?main_page or http://www.nfljersey...com/index.html.

Others have used a guy called Jack in the past, you email him, he will send you a list of what he has. And then every single goddamn day from then on you will receive, what one can only assume is a letter from this guy, did I mention every single day. Either to let you know he has new stock, or to ask you what UFC shirt is hot Style. I was waiting for a friend to get me his order, I got so many emails from this dude that I went to the JerseyWholesaler link above, just because he emailed me so much. Had he left me alone I would have ordered 10 Jerseys from him.

YOU MUST REMEMBER THESE ARE KNOCK OFFS!

If you are hoping to add a jersey or two to your collection and don't have the $Dough$ for Authentics (like me I can get 5-8 Jerseys for the price of one Authentic and that includes shipping on the non authentic.) this is a great way to go.

Now the complaint being that these are rip offs and you are stealing from the NHL, well the same company is probably making the jerseys, and then selling them through this "Wholesaler". And if the NHL ones were worth close to their price I would be a little more agreeable with that statement. But then again I try not to let my politics get in the way of my fandom!

Some say they are thieves, they are corrupt, but they don't steal my money and the product is what I wanted, unlike the NHL which I barely wear my Dats Jersey because it is so cheap looking, pity really, now I have to go out and buy a Dats Jersey I will wear.

I get three emails a day :/

Has anyone got a good looking Howard jersey? The one Jack is showing me looks like s***
Posted Image

Edited by Four, 14 October 2010 - 08:47 AM.

O.o

#60 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 856 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

Four, that has to be the most god-awful fugliest Wings jersey I've ever seen. People actually buy crap from this guy?