• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Sharks 4

Rate this topic

Not going to panic yet.

Close one goal games on their home ice, San Jose capitalized on their opportunities, and the Wings didn't get as many chances.

We have some must win games at home though, but this series can change drastically.

This team is different when it's an absolute must win game this year.

We'll see if that continues.

Guest Lidstromboli

i like how the wings had a lead and couldn't hold it

The NHL is a ******* joke and this game is a prime example why its in the shape its in... I am so confused and pissed right now, 10 penalties really? A whole periods worth what a jobbing

The bad news is I haven't been this mad in a long time and I'm not one to get on the refs but I'm 31 and have been watching hockey since I was 5 years old and this ranks in my top 5 all time of worst reffed games. I'm not even that mad at the refs, I'm embarassed for them. The good news is that we are more than capable of beating these guys. Back to the Joe to win 2 straight !

THANKS HOWARD FOR KEEPING THE SHARKS IN THE GAME FOR THEM. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE GETTING PAID BY THEM TO PLAY.

yeah.. since howard really contributed so much to this wings loss..

good one!

another undisciplined penalty

but its obviously those damn refs tryin to fix the series!!

:rolleyes: Yeah, because in a 10 penalty game you can't ***** when two were BULLs*** goaltender interference calls where the goalie should've been called for diving and one involved a despicable dive by Pavalski. s***, did I miss anything?

So at least 33% of the calls were an absolute joke. Ray Ferraro even called them as being phantom penalties.

Apparently once there's a ligitimate penalty called against us the outrage of the fake ones suddenly lessens?

Give me a ******* break.

This game was bullf***ings***.

This was the first game I stopped watching. It was so damn frustrating. I turned it off when they called the "too many men" penalty. What a fake game.

But no, even the refs screwing the Wings would have been okay, but then of course the Wings had to have the worst luck in the world and have Lidstrom's stick break, leading directly to an easy goal for the Sharks.

Right now the only way I see the Wings getting back in this series (despite playing well overall) is winning both games at home IF they can shut down Pavelski.

But even then San Jose still has home ice advantage and suddenly that seems a factor.

What a cluster****, so angry right now at the way this series is being called.

Game 1, I was very close to throwing my remote I was so pissed at the way the game was. Game 2, I threw my remote and broke it. I have never felt so frustrated, angry, pissed off about a game since Game 7 of last year. I don't know whether it's because of the refs, the way a few select of our players played, Pavelski's stupid face, our the awful commentary. These first two games to me was like being on ecstasy in a nursing home.

As a Wings fan, I am upset with a couple of the calls. Course, I was also shocked about the goalie interference calls tonight. All 3 were not legit. Bert and Abdelkader's goalie interference calls were bad, but the one on Heatley was disgusting. Stuart rammed him into the goalie and he has no choice. I was shocked and appalled at that call and it stunk of a make up call at that point in the game.

That being said, did the refs cost the Wings this game? No. The Wings did it themselves. Their passing was not accurate. They couldn't setup plays effectively in the zone. Oh, and Nabby came up big for them when he needed to. Sharks deserve to be up 2-0, as much as I hate to admit it and it pains me to say.

Anyone saying the series is over should just cancel their forum accounts and go sign up on the Sharks/Hawks/Pens forums. Wings went down 2-0 before AT HOME and came back and won 4 straight back in 2002.

Games 3 and 4 are a must win at Detroit.

Refs aside, the Wings honestly didn't play very well tonight.

Just got to get it going on Tuesday at the Joe. They can still make this a series.

This. I thought the Sharks outplayed us most of the game.

The problem was, any time we were outplaying them, there was a penalty call soon to follow. I think it's safe to say that the only way we could have made it easier for the refs to call the game would be to give them their own set of sticks and pucks.

too much s***ting on the officiating already, the wings played badly on top of terrible penaltys. when does babs become accountable for this slop? seriously.

are you ******* kidding me?? seriously you just said the calls were bad all the way around. what game were you watching

The exact same game as you. Both teams got tagged with phantom calls all night long. The Refs could have called several hours worth of interference calls on both teams.

Either way, I expect you guy's (who probably have more appreciation for the game then lower half of the league combined) to give credit where it is due. Sharks outplayed the Wings tonight, pretty much across the board.

Sorry pal, no one is going to give it to the Wings simply because they have always been good and the Sharks have always choked. The Sharks have taken it to the Wings so far this series. Man up and deal with it.

pleasepleaseplease babs, take the fine and don cherry their asses. as the vs announcers would say, the officiating was an elephantine, mastodonic pile of horses***. patchulous at best...

take the fine, and tell it like it is.

THANKS HOWARD FOR KEEPING THE SHARKS IN THE GAME FOR THEM. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE GETTING PAID BY THEM TO PLAY.

facepalm.jpg

I don't even have anything else to say about that. I just facepalmed really hard at you, so very hard.

I hope Babcock says something about the reffing, even if he gets fined!

I'd love to hear someone say something. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to play against the refs. Sharks did play a great game but Detroit played better. If not for multiple phantom calls Detroit would have had it in the bag. Sharks fans are in denial if they can't honestly say they wouldn't be frustrated if refs slanted the ice against them for the first two playoff games. I look forward to the natural and pleasant death of Gary Bettman.

What is up with the color guy. He must call Sharks games normally. I know Mickey can be a Homer but at least he points out bad calls either way.