• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Sharks 4

Rate this topic

Complete and utter bulls***. A couple of the calls against the Wings were penalties but most of them were terrible. The thing that makes this worse is that on SJ's second goal there were TWO instances of cross checking while the Wings cycled in the Sharks zone, they go uncalled and SJ scores. That is just one time they failed to call penalties on SJ.

Now that I have said that, we cannot cry over this terribly spilled milk. We have to hope that the Wings put these two games behind them and focus on tying the series up at two.

My guess is that they are trying to help the Sharks win the series, so that they do not go down in history as one of the biggest choke teams of all time.

this is ******* ridiculous..

Jimmy Howard is the only ******* reason this game is close..

what do you mean "HE" is keeping "US" in the game?" Where in the hell was he when he gave up goal #3? can't stop a puck if your 20' out of the net and looking like a fish out of water. He is horrible, I can't think of 1 play today where I said "That was a hell of a save".

(re-post)

People here know I don't blame the reffing when we lose but this was ******* atrocious. I mean, beyond atrocious.

The sad thing is, Bud Selig understands that umps need to held accountable when they make a habit of blowing calls and will suspend them. Will Gary Bettman punish refs who are consistently behind the 8-ball? f*** no, that would require actual effort!

The bad news is I haven't been this mad in a long time and I'm not one to get on the refs but I'm 31 and have been watching hockey since I was 5 years old and this ranks in my top 5 all time of worst reffed games. I'm not even that mad at the refs, I'm embarassed for them. The good news is that we are more than capable of beating these guys. Back to the Joe to win 2 straight !

I can honestly say that never in my 26 years on this earth have I seen a worse officiated game than the s*** that was called 2nite... I have complained an awful lot about officiating in my life and maybe Im just a Red Wings homer but this was the worse officiating I have EVER seen... The Wings got f***in jobbed 2nite

The exact same game as you. Both teams got tagged with phantom calls all night long. The Refs could have called several hours worth of interference calls on both teams.

Either way, I expect you guy's (who probably have more appreciation for the game then lower half of the league combined) to give credit where it is due. Sharks outplayed the Wings tonight, pretty much across the board.

Sorry pal, no one is going to give it to the Wings simply because they have always been good and the Sharks have always choked. The Sharks have taken it to the Wings so far this series. Man up and deal with it.

Sorry, but you're wrong. The Sharks outplayed them in the first 5 minutes and after it got to 3-3. That's it. The rest of it was that the Wings were constantly in the box. The officials decided this one.

Either way, I expect you guy's (who probably have more appreciation for the game then lower half of the league combined) to give credit where it is due. Sharks outplayed the Wings tonight, pretty much across the board.

its easy to outplay a team when the other team is shorthanded 30% of the time.

THANKS HOWARD FOR KEEPING THE SHARKS IN THE GAME FOR THEM. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE GETTING PAID BY THEM TO PLAY.

Come on, Howard made nearly 50 saves. I think he's the only person who deserves credit tonight. We were on Pk for essentially the equivalent of an entire period!

Regardless of the refs, we're down 0-2. We didnt play desperate, and we're in alot of trouble.

This kind of statement drives me nuts. HOW were they going to play "desperate" once all the calls started coming? They started out playing hard and the refs took over the game. We will never know what the outcome of that game would be if it was fairly reffed.

The exact same game as you. Both teams got tagged with phantom calls all night long. The Refs could have called several hours worth of interference calls on both teams.

Sorry pal, no one is going to give it to the Wings simply because they have always been good and the Sharks have always choked. The Sharks have taken it to the Wings so far this series. Man up and deal with it.

Agreed, reffing was bad both ways. San Jose beat us. Refs are never an excuse, good teams make their luck.

Still a long way to go, especially for an inexperienced team in San Jose. This series can drastically change in one period, and I'm not worried until the Wings lose at home.

These games have been close, and although your rational may be correct, you have to understand this is a Wing's board, and if the roles were reversed you would be seeing the exact same things said on a San Jose board if the penalties were as lopsided as they are.

what do you mean "HE" is keeping "US" in the game?" Where in the hell was he when he gave up goal #3? can't stop a puck if your 20' out of the net and looking like a fish out of water. He is horrible, I can't think of 1 play today where I said "That was a hell of a save".

Great to know you didn't watch the game.

If I am Red Wings management and we go down 3-0, I say goon it up in game 4. If we can't beat them, beat them! Put in Tollefson and May, and tell Cleary, Ericcson, Bertuzzi, Abdelkader, Helm, Stuart, Kronwall, hell even Osgood to go out and punish them. Beat the holy hell out of San Jose.

you know, i really didn't think anything could make me laugh after that "game". way to go sharkie!!

we owned you all 2nd period. and really, most of the 1st (after a shaky first few mins). would've owned you all of the 3rd too, however...well, you saw what happened.

yes, some of the calls against you were horses*** also...but things being equal...heh, geddit? i said things could be equal in the "new nhl"...