• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Sharks 4

Rate this topic

Dude I dont normally have a fit about the officiating, but come on that was pathetic. How in the world could these dumbasses call those on Kroners and Bert after what they let go. Completely one sided, its not like it was bad for both like VS analysts like to claim

Pretty much. Such a joke. It was one of those games where it wasn't even hockey anymore. It was just entertainment.

Guest scottj

i thought it was especially funny how the vs announcers were throwing such a huge fit over the sj penalties after those bs calls against us

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

well...i can think of one positive thing that happened today. Pittburgh lost!

im off for the night.

i really hope i dont see mindfly in the front page of the newspaper tomorrow...

I am glad to see a combined anger at the refs for tonight and nobody really being that guy who says "but honestly we cant blame the refs..."

Are you being sarcastic? I honestly can't tell.

I know it's cliche, but I'm sticking with the old saying that you don't start to panic until you've lost a game at home. I think it works especially well for this series. If the Wings are able to come home, play well and even up the series, all the pressure is back on San Jose and we know how well they deal with playoff pressure.

I'm still strangely optimistic about this whole thing.

ridiculous.

Seemed like Stuart wanted to drop the gloves with Pavelski when he took a shot at Howard late in the game. I still think Datsyuk and Holmstrom were leading the play, and Howard was the more solid goaltender.

"If you just move your feet, you get rewarded with power plays." From the guy with the game winner tonight. I think the Red Wings can build confidence from this game, as Helm and Miller's forecheck was seriously getting to San Jose and the refs were making fake calls by the end of the second period. The PK did excellent, even when everyone was already tired, all things considered.

I wish we could get Kronwall and Cleary's penalties back, but then again they would never have occurred if not for a fake call on Bertuzzi. Nonetheless, 5-on-5 with an empty net, Detroit was carrying the play and controlling the puck on the attack. Detroit knows it can expect the same type of calls if it continues through the playoffs.

Howard can win this series in six, I think, but everyone on the Wings has to show up.

Actually that's a good question for everybody.

Where does this game rank among your most infuriating personal experience?

The game where I have yet to get more pissed about was Game 6 of the 1999 Semifinals against the Avs. I had to take a really long shower to calm down.

i guess there's a reason i would not make a good professional athlete cause if i was on the wings tonight id be aiming the puck at the ref on the dump in

I probably would have Konstantinov'd one of them by the middle of second period.

I probably would have Konstantinov'd one of them by the middle of second period.

It's be the funniest thing ever if the Wings sent Williams to kamikaze Watson or something like that. Just injure him enough that he can't officiate the game.

What makes me think that we're not going to win this series is that we've generally played better on the road than we have at home. Adding to that, both of these road games were winnable games but we didn't find a way. No one has stepped up and made a big difference in these games. Our superstars haven't been superstars. Howard hasn't been horrible but he hasn't been anywhere close to great. Our special teams are terrible. And for the love, FACEOFFS!!! That's all I'm saying on ******* faceoffs...

Let's put it like this...

Even Joe "I AM THE BIGGEST PLAYOFF UNDERACHIEVER EVER" Thornton scored a goal tonight!

I figured we'd be fine if we split in San Jose, but I figured we're losing the series if we go down 2-0. It's tough for me to waver on that now just because we're in the thick of it. We certainly have the skill to win this series if we use it, but I'm not holding my breath. If we're going to have a prayer, these next two games are absolutely must-win games.

They've got to come out and have a much better first period than they've had in games 1 and 2. We need to score the first two goals. Howard needs to make the big saves before we're already behind. We need to not give the refs the opportunity to make stupid calls. It's gotta be all in right from the start of game 3 or we will lose this series, no doubt about it.

Question

So what if the refs make it one sided in the Red Wings favor for Games 3 and 4 and the Wings end up winning? How would you guys feel about that?

I'm not really sure what is fair and what isn't these days but I wouldn't feel right about it. I mean, really, what the hell is going on here with the game of hockey? What has happened to my skoooo? (+1 if you get the reference).

Actually that's a good question for everybody.

Where does this game rank among your most infuriating personal experience?

The game where I have yet to get more pissed about was Game 6 of the 1999 Semifinals against the Avs. I had to take a really long shower to calm down.

I've been watching Red Wings hockey since 1994. My top 3 most infuriating, blood pressure spiking, stand up and scream games are:

Game 6 1996 WCF

Game 4 1995 SCF

Game 7 2009 SCF

This game would rank #4 and #5 would be Game 5 of the 2008 SCF. 34 ******* seconds. <_<

What if Todd Bertuzzi pulled a Rasheed Wallace and confronted Watson or whoever after the game?

I'd like to think our guys have more self-control than that. If they're pissed (and rightfully so) about the outcome of the game, you act like grown adult men and not spoiled 3 year old babies throwing their toys from the pram. I would fully support any fine/suspension that came a Wings' way if they did something like that.

I've been watching Red Wings hockey since 1994. My top 3 most infuriating, blood pressure spiking, stand up and scream games are:

Game 6 1996 WCF

Game 4 1995 SCF

Game 7 2009 SCF

This game would rank #4 and #5 would be Game 5 of the 2008 SCF. 34 ******* seconds. <_<

I'd like to think our guys have more self-control than that. If they're pissed (and rightfully so) about the outcome of the game, you act like grown adult men and not spoiled 3 year old babies throwing their toys from the pram. I would fully support any fine/suspension that came a Wings' way if they did something like that.

Game 5 was rotten. I thought Rafalski had the Cup winning goal then it all fell apart.

But game 7 of the SCF last year had to be the worst feeling after a game that I can remember.

Game 5 was rotten. I thought Rafalski had the Cup winning goal then it all fell apart.

But game 7 of the SCF last year had to be the worst feeling after a game that I can remember.

I vividly remember screaming "f*** YOU OSGOOD" when he let that goal in with 34 seconds to go. I love Ozzie to death don't get me wrong, but I was NOT his biggest fan at that moment.

As for last year's Cup finals......ugh. Double ugh. We had two effing chances to beat them and s*** our pants each time. Talk about getting in your own way.