• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Sharks 4

Rate this topic

But then Kronwall takes a blatant penalty on the PK that he absolutely didn't need to take. So I should blame the refs for Kronwalls total stupidity in taking a blatant, unnecessary penalty when we're already on the PK and up only by 1?!?!

I agree with this. The call on Bert was trash, but sometimes you get bad calls against you. You have to kill the penalty. Kronwall took the most obvious, needless hooking penalty of all time; Pavelski wasn't in any kind of scoring position or anything.

Anyways, the Wings can't seem to buy a break in these first two games. The blown call on Franzen leading to the GWG in Game 1, Nick's traitorous stick bringing about their doom in Game 2. It really feels lousy to see the Wings sunk by these stupid, unlucky plays. All of the breathing room is gone and obviously anything but a sweep at home will be a disaster.

I vividly remember screaming "f*** YOU OSGOOD" when he let that goal in with 34 seconds to go. I love Ozzie to death don't get me wrong, but I was NOT his biggest fan at that moment.

As for last year's Cup finals......ugh. Double ugh. We had two effing chances to beat them and s*** our pants each time. Talk about getting in your own way.

Exactly. I remember thinking "man there's no way they'll beat us in 4 of the next 5 games, is there?"

I agree with this. The call on Bert was trash, but sometimes you get bad calls against you. You have to kill the penalty. Kronwall took the most obvious, needless hooking penalty of all time; Pavelski wasn't in any kind of scoring position or anything.

Anyways, the Wings can't seem to buy a break in these first two games. The blown call on Franzen leading to the GWG in Game 1, Nick's traitorous stick bringing about their doom in Game 2. It really feels lousy to see the Wings sunk by these stupid, unlucky plays. All of the breathing room is gone and obviously anything but a sweep at home will be a disaster.

At this rate we might experience the really bad kind of "sweep at home". :ranting:

At this rate we might experience the really bad kind of "sweep at home". :ranting:

Poor choice of words on my part. :P

The good news is with last change they'll be able to glue Lidstrom to Pavelski, hopefully he can do a better job of keeping him in check. Stuart and Kronwall have not handled that responsibility particularly well.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Just finished watching.

That is the most frustrating loss I have seen in a while.

We did not deserve to lose this one. Imagine what Mickey would have said about Lids broken stick :lol:

I try not to swear on these boards but I can't help it.

f*** that s***.

Poor choice of words on my part. :P

The good news is with last change they'll be able to glue Lidstrom to Pavelski, hopefully he can do a better job of keeping him in check. Stuart and Kronwall have not handled that responsibility particularly well.

It should also allow Babs to be more strategic with face-offs.

Refs or not, the Wings have no excuse for their pathetic face-off record against the Sharks.

I'm not sure how I feel about Stewie and Kronor against the Jumbo Joe line though. But yeah at this point I think I'd rather assign Nick to Pavelski.

Anyone that's experienced at making youtube videos want to put a montage together of all the dives the sharks have taken in this series so far?

Honestly, any of the nontroll sharks fans here want to try to defend those calls? How the hell are you not embarrassed of your team? If the Wings were diving like that I would no longer be a fan. Howard tried it tonight and I'm already disappointed by that, but wow... Your team didn't deserve to win tonight, San Jose. You can tell me "look at the stats" but I'll just tell you there's no way in hell your team would have the energy or those stats after being on the pk for that damn long.

But what will be done about it? Nothing? How many fans does the NHL have to lose before they do something about it?

Don't even mention last year. I broke stuff after they lost. Worst fan day ever. Well, worst day will be when #5 hangs em up.

Ugh.. you guys didnt have to remind me. You got me looking into the game 6 and 7 summaries and box scores, still wondering how in the hell we let that one slip through our fingers. :ranting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Stanley_Cup_playoffs

Anyone that's experienced at making youtube videos want to put a montage together of all the dives the sharks have taken in this series so far?

Honestly, any of the nontroll sharks fans here want to try to defend those calls? How the hell are you not embarrassed of your team? If the Wings were diving like that I would no longer be a fan. Howard tried it tonight and I'm already disappointed by that, but wow... Your team didn't deserve to win tonight, San Jose. You can tell me "look at the stats" but I'll just tell you there's no way in hell your team would have the energy or those stats after being on the pk for that damn long.

But what will be done about it? Nothing? How many fans does the NHL have to lose before they do something about it?

Not that this is an excuse but the ice was really bad. they had an eagles concert the night before so this ice did not have a chance to set for very long. I dont think there was any diving "on purpose" but of course i am biased as i am a sharks fan. Having said that, no way are the wings out of this series. I expect the wings to come roaring back in game three. good luck in the rest of the series.

Edited by clamchop

I vividly remember screaming "f*** YOU OSGOOD" when he let that goal in with 34 seconds to go. I love Ozzie to death don't get me wrong, but I was NOT his biggest fan at that moment.

Funny, I was screaming "CLEAR THE ****ING PUCK FRANZEN!!!" after he had the puck on his stick and was somehow incapable of chipping it off the boards and out the zone. 3 seconds later it was in the net <_<

Funny, I was screaming "CLEAR THE ****ING PUCK FRANZEN!!!" after he had the puck on his stick and was somehow incapable of chipping it off the boards and out the zone. 3 seconds later it was in the net <_<

This.

But seriously, let's stop talking about bad SCF experiences. This loss has already made me sad enough :lol:

Hey all. Just got back from the game and haven't had a chance to read through anything except the last 3 posts. Unfortunately for me the lamp on my TV blew out this morning so I don't have the luxury of watching the TV replays of all the calls and other stuff. All I can offer is my view from section 212.

I can understand the frustration with the officiating. If the Sharks were shorthanded 6 more times than the wings, I'm sure I'd feel similarly. I was way too far away from the play where they called interference on Bert against Gooch, so I have no clue how much that was embellishing or diving, or if it was at all. Glad you acknowledged Howard's little attempt there...that one was pretty transparent, and I don't blame or fault him at all for trying. The slash that broke a stick and the 3rd period trip were pretty straight forward from my vantage point. The goalie interference call on Heatley seemed pretty weak, but in fairness I thought you guys deserved a call anyway.

I wouldn't get too down just yet. Both of these games could have gone your way with a call here or there, or a bounce here or there. I know I don't have to tell you guys that most playoff games between two very good teams end up like that. You guys have had the luxury and privilege to watch your team in FAR more playoff games than I've got to watch mine in. As a Sharks fan I've suffered through a lot of watching the bounces go the other way, so please forgive me for enjoying it some when they go my way for a change. I hope it continues, but I fully expect the wings to bring it at the Joe and make it extremely tough for the Sharks. Here's to a great game 3.

sharks fan, weighing in on game 2:

I believe the officiating was poor tonight. Anytime a goaltender was touched they seemed to call a penalty. The phantom holding call on Bertuzzi was also poor. However, there were plenty of legitimate penalties taken by Detroit tonight: A slash that broke a stick in half, a trip with the stick between the sharks players legs, a clear trip from behind, too many men on the ice, etc. You can't say the Red Wings were not guilty of taking legitimate penalties, especially to end the third period. This is when the Red Wings had to be at their best, and instead they were seemingly so frustrated and/or exhausted that they took bad penalties.

There were also two very poor calls against the Sharks: the first was the "boarding" call on Marleau to end the first period that ended up giving the Wings a power play and the 3-2 lead. It was a weak call. The second was the interference call on Heatley that nullified a Sharks PP almost entirely with 4 minutes remaining thus giving the Wings a MUCH better chance to tie the game. These were two calls that had major impact on the game and could have had even more impact had the Wings scored on that 4-4/ 10 second PP with 4 minutes left to go in the game. The bad calls against the Wings influenced the game, but so did the bad calls against the Sharks.

I would also like to emphasize the difference between diving and the refs simply making a bad call. The holding call on bertuzzi, for instance, was a bad call but had nothing to do with diving. It was not a hold, it was bertuzzi pushing a Sharks forward onto the ice in a race for the puck. It was a bad call because it had nothing to do with holding, but bertuzzi is strong enough to push people to the ice, he pushed someone to the ice, and the refs deemed it a penalty. It was a weak call, but it was not a dive.

Nabby did dress up an interference call. I think he did it because thought Holmstrom was interfering with him because he seemed pissed a the ref after letting in Lidstrom's goal. I think this was wrong because 1) I don't like people trying to sell calls and 2) if he doesn't get the call he ends up out of position and gives the Wings a great scoring chance. I hope he wises up or the coaches tell him to knock it off. His play has been alright so far this series but if the Sharks are going to win in Detroit he has to play even better and concentrate on blocking shots, not drawing penalties.

Here's the bottom line, and I say this not as a troll (though I am sure some will deem me that) but as a fan of hockey and fan of the skill level of your team: So you got screwed with some bad calls. Get over it. There is no need to complain about a conspiracy, there is no need to pretend you will never watch an NHL game again, no reason to start talking about how women in San Jose are ugly, etc. You are hockeytown, the class of the league. Act like it. You have a fantastically skilled team with experience and grit. This series is FAR from over. These are two evenly matched teams. This series could be 1-1, it could even be 2-0 Detroit, but it's 2-0 San Jose so far because San Jose has avoided bad luck and finished games stronger. The game winner tonight was an even strength goal that was the result of a terrible break for the Wings. It had nothing to do with diving, it had nothing to do with the refs. If similar bad luck befalls the Sharks for the remainder of the series and/or if the Sharks don't continue to get success from their second line, you will win this series.

I expect a huge push from the Wings in the first period of Game 3. Sharks will have to weather it.

I have a solution for the conspiracy problem:

Who's calling conspiracy here?

It was just a bad night for officiating, I don't care what team you go for. Yes there were some obvious calls on the wings, but there were also "ticky-tack" calls that should have been let go. This is hockey not Basketball.

Let the players play.

You know you'd be saying the same thing.

If the sharks were the Pens...then maybe we'd need a few tinfoil hats in here :hehe:

Edited by crotty99

It was just a bad night for officiating, I don't care what team you go for. Yes there were some obvious calls on the wings, but there were also "ticky-tack" calls that should have been let go. This is hockey not Basketball.

Let the players play.

Totally agree. Let the playoffs be the playoffs.

Who's calling conspiracy here?

Let the players play.

You know you'd be saying the same thing.

If the sharks were the Pens...then maybe we'd need a few tinfoil hats in here :hehe:

So if we continue to discredit the Sharks he will also continue to embarrass himself on here.