WCSF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Sharks 4

• Please log in to reply
1242 replies to this topic

#921 pafman

pafman

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

too much s***ting on the officiating already, the wings played badly on top of terrible penaltys. when does babs become accountable for this slop? seriously.

#922 Ratbastrd

Ratbastrd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

are youf****** kidding me?? seriously you just said the calls were bad all the way around. what game were you watching

The exact same game as you. Both teams got tagged with phantom calls all night long. The Refs could have called several hours worth of interference calls on both teams.

Either way, I expect you guy's (who probably have more appreciation for the game then lower half of the league combined) to give credit where it is due. Sharks outplayed the Wings tonight, pretty much across the board.

Sorry pal, no one is going to give it to the Wings simply because they have always been good and the Sharks have always choked. The Sharks have taken it to the Wings so far this series. Man up and deal with it.

#923 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

pleasepleaseplease babs, take the fine and don cherry their asses. as the vs announcers would say, the officiating was an elephantine, mastodonic pile of horses***. patchulous at best...

take the fine, and tell it like it is.
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.

#924 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

THANKS HOWARD FOR KEEPING THE SHARKS IN THE GAME FOR THEM. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE GETTING PAID BY THEM TO PLAY.

facepalm.jpg

I don't even have anything else to say about that. I just facepalmed really hard at you, so very hard.
The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#925 Lancz

Lancz

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

I hope Babcock says something about the reffing, even if he gets fined!

I'd love to hear someone say something. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to play against the refs. Sharks did play a great game but Detroit played better. If not for multiple phantom calls Detroit would have had it in the bag. Sharks fans are in denial if they can't honestly say they wouldn't be frustrated if refs slanted the ice against them for the first two playoff games. I look forward to the natural and pleasant death of Gary Bettman.

What is up with the color guy. He must call Sharks games normally. I know Mickey can be a Homer but at least he points out bad calls either way.

#926 mmorland

mmorland

SRD Writer, Broadcaster

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Paul Woods seems pretty pissed (as much as he can reveal in a professional manner)
"I can't believe I shook this guys frickin' hand. We lost and I'm pissed off. But to see Kris Draper's face makes me sick. I didn't see his face until after the game, but his face is turned sideways. If the league doesn't do something about that ... I mean that's ridiculous. He could have broken his fricken neck."

-Dino Ciccarelli

#927 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

not so sure i even want to watch game 3 this game really ruined a lot for me

#928 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Complete and utter bulls***. A couple of the calls against the Wings were penalties but most of them were terrible. The thing that makes this worse is that on SJ's second goal there were TWO instances of cross checking while the Wings cycled in the Sharks zone, they go uncalled and SJ scores. That is just one time they failed to call penalties on SJ.

Now that I have said that, we cannot cry over this terribly spilled milk. We have to hope that the Wings put these two games behind them and focus on tying the series up at two.

#929 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

No moref****** Sunday games. 0-3 already, whatever it is, it isnt working.

#NOMOREKINDL

#930 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

My guess is that they are trying to help the Sharks win the series, so that they do not go down in history as one of the biggest choke teams of all time.

#931 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

this isf****** ridiculous..
Jimmy Howard is the onlyf****** reason this game is close..

what do you mean "HE" is keeping "US" in the game?" Where in the hell was he when he gave up goal #3? can't stop a puck if your 20' out of the net and looking like a fish out of water. He is horrible, I can't think of 1 play today where I said "That was a hell of a save".

#932 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

(re-post)

People here know I don't blame the reffing when we lose but this wasf****** atrocious. I mean, beyond atrocious.

The sad thing is, Bud Selig understands that umps need to held accountable when they make a habit of blowing calls and will suspend them. Will Gary Bettman punish refs who are consistently behind the 8-ball? f*** no, that would require actual effort!

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#933 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

The bad news is I haven't been this mad in a long time and I'm not one to get on the refs but I'm 31 and have been watching hockey since I was 5 years old and this ranks in my top 5 all time of worst reffed games. I'm not even that mad at the refs, I'm embarassed for them. The good news is that we are more than capable of beating these guys. Back to the Joe to win 2 straight !

I can honestly say that never in my 26 years on this earth have I seen a worse officiated game than the s*** that was called 2nite... I have complained an awful lot about officiating in my life and maybe Im just a Red Wings homer but this was the worse officiating I have EVER seen... The Wings got f***in jobbed 2nite
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#934 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

The exact same game as you. Both teams got tagged with phantom calls all night long. The Refs could have called several hours worth of interference calls on both teams.

Either way, I expect you guy's (who probably have more appreciation for the game then lower half of the league combined) to give credit where it is due. Sharks outplayed the Wings tonight, pretty much across the board.

Sorry pal, no one is going to give it to the Wings simply because they have always been good and the Sharks have always choked. The Sharks have taken it to the Wings so far this series. Man up and deal with it.

Sorry, but you're wrong. The Sharks outplayed them in the first 5 minutes and after it got to 3-3. That's it. The rest of it was that the Wings were constantly in the box. The officials decided this one.

#935 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

its easy to outplay a team when the other team is shorthanded 30% of the time.

#936 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

THANKS HOWARD FOR KEEPING THE SHARKS IN THE GAME FOR THEM. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE GETTING PAID BY THEM TO PLAY.

Come on, Howard made nearly 50 saves. I think he's the only person who deserves credit tonight. We were on Pk for essentially the equivalent of an entire period!

#937 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Regardless of the refs, we're down 0-2. We didnt play desperate, and we're in alot of trouble.

This kind of statement drives me nuts. HOW were they going to play "desperate" once all the calls started coming? They started out playing hard and the refs took over the game. We will never know what the outcome of that game would be if it was fairly reffed.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#938 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

I have one non-ref related complaint.

Can we please win af****** faceoff? <_<
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#939 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Officiating was horrible. Bad calls on both sides, but somehow Wings end up playing short handed for the entire game...

#940 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts

The refs in this game should be embarrassed. 10 penalties to 3. Someone see something wrong with this picture?