Spartans
Pistons

#942 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

I don't think I've ever seen LGW.com as pissed as we are tonight.

#943 JGould70

JGould70

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

******* crybabies. When we lose, it's always the refs fault. Get the f*** over it and blame the team sometimes. Jesus. Every time we lose, all I see is "refs" & "diving". They played like s*** and have played like s***.

#944 tdinc

tdinc

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

Posted Image

#945 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

The exact same game as you. Both teams got tagged with phantom calls all night long. The Refs could have called several hours worth of interference calls on both teams.

Either way, I expect you guy's (who probably have more appreciation for the game then lower half of the league combined) to give credit where it is due. Sharks outplayed the Wings tonight, pretty much across the board.

Sorry pal, no one is going to give it to the Wings simply because they have always been good and the Sharks have always choked. The Sharks have taken it to the Wings so far this series. Man up and deal with it.

Agreed, reffing was bad both ways. San Jose beat us. Refs are never an excuse, good teams make their luck.

Still a long way to go, especially for an inexperienced team in San Jose. This series can drastically change in one period, and I'm not worried until the Wings lose at home.

These games have been close, and although your rational may be correct, you have to understand this is a Wing's board, and if the roles were reversed you would be seeing the exact same things said on a San Jose board if the penalties were as lopsided as they are.

#946 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

THANKS HOWARD FOR KEEPING THE SHARKS IN THE GAME FOR THEM. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE GETTING PAID BY THEM TO PLAY.

Posted Image

#947 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

what do you mean "HE" is keeping "US" in the game?" Where in the hell was he when he gave up goal #3? can't stop a puck if your 20' out of the net and looking like a fish out of water. He is horrible, I can't think of 1 play today where I said "That was a hell of a save".

Great to know you didn't watch the game.
The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#948 the_winged_wheel

the_winged_wheel

Prospect

• 41 posts

i didnt realize the league wanted a SJS Pit final. Doesnt bettman know his baby will need to fly cross country and may tire him out. :rolleyes:

#949 cmonster

cmonster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

If I am Red Wings management and we go down 3-0, I say goon it up in game 4. If we can't beat them, beat them! Put in Tollefson and May, and tell Cleary, Ericcson, Bertuzzi, Abdelkader, Helm, Stuart, Kronwall, hell even Osgood to go out and punish them. Beat the holy hell out of San Jose.

#950 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

The exact same game as you. Both teams got tagged with phantom calls all night long. The Refs could have called several hours worth of interference calls on both teams.

Either way, I expect you guy's (who probably have more appreciation for the game then lower half of the league combined) to give credit where it is due. Sharks outplayed the Wings tonight, pretty much across the board.

Sorry pal, no one is going to give it to the Wings simply because they have always been good and the Sharks have always choked. The Sharks have taken it to the Wings so far this series. Man up and deal with it.

you know, i really didn't think anything could make me laugh after that "game". way to go sharkie!!

we owned you all 2nd period. and really, most of the 1st (after a shaky first few mins). would've owned you all of the 3rd too, however...well, you saw what happened.

yes, some of the calls against you were horses*** also...but things being equal...heh, geddit? i said things could be equal in the "new nhl"...
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.

#951 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Can we please ban this moron? TROLL.

#952 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

I have one non-ref related complaint.

Can we please win af****** faceoff? <_<

we better improve on faceoffs

#953 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

The exact same game as you. Both teams got tagged with phantom calls all night long.

:blink:

...Seriously, just get out. Go to the SJ forum and stay there because we are no mood to deal with other team's fans tonight.

#954 tweekvp

tweekvp

^ A True Great ^

• Silver Booster
  • 179 posts

Dude, give it a break, the calls have been bad all the way around, the game however was won by the Sharks playing a better game then the Wings. Give credit where it is due, please!

The sharks played well but they were handed a second straight game with horrible calls. The bench minor was the only solid call all night. The only bad calls against San Jose were made at safe times for them. Not even in the least. This was the type of game that makes perfectly sane fans start to believe that the league is instructing refs to lean the games in one teams favor.

With the way the Sharks fans are handling this I expect to hear nothing if a questionable call actually benefits Detroit.

By the way the average score for tonights dives was about 6.5.

Thats right it's Rollerderby.

#955 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

How hard can it be to outplay a team when you're on the PP half the game? You can take your credit up the tailpipe

#956 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

facepalm.jpg

I don't even have anything else to say about that. I just facepalmed really hard at you, so very hard.

Pretty sad he was 20' out of the net for the tying goal, looks like a fish out of water playing out there. I blame babs for sitting ozzie to long and howard for not making 1 decent save tonight. and of course the phantom calls against the wings.

#957 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Filppula turned on the sucking mode when Round 2 started. Wonder when he turns it off.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#958 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

******* crybabies. When we lose, it's always the refs fault. Get the f*** over it and blame the team sometimes. Jesus. Every time we lose, all I see is "refs" & "diving". They played like s*** and have played like s***.

I love the guys who come out preaching ... like you can just completely ignore officiating in a game. The refs turned this game, plain and simple. 3-2 Detroit, playing well ... and then shorthanded for 6 straight minutes, including a 5-on-3. The game gets tied and that's it.

#959 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,642 posts

It's official, Gary Bettman just lost a fan! After 31 years of watching the NHL, I am officially done with it. I amn sure I am not the only one that feels this way, everyone should bombard his office with emails. Not often do I get this disgusted with the NHL, but the camels back is broken, the fat lady is singing. I don't even care about anything NHL anymore. Nice chatting with you guys/gals, sorry I rubbed some people the wrong way, but hey, it was entertaining. f*** GARY BETTMAN...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#960 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

The entire team, save Howard (no pun intended) have been horrible tonight.

I would have said Howard was the biggest reason the game went from 3-2 Wings to 4-3 Sharks...

Both of the last two goals were weak goals that were directly his fault.

1) He came out of the crease to stop a shot as the Sharks were crashing the net, and dropped to the ice while giving up a rebound that the other team quickly acquires. Now he's outside the crease and unable to get back into position quickly while the puck is in possession of the opposing team. He doesn't, of course, end up getting back in net before the puck crosses the line.

2) He moved to the edge of the crease along the goal line stop a shot off the wing and rather than directing the rebound back to the corner or absorbing the shot, he put the rebound into the slot where there were two Sharks forwards. Empty net, goal.

You can make excuses, but those two goals were Howard's fault and nobody else's. This is simply following an unnerving trend where Howard has allowed 3-5 goals in almost every game he's played so far, with at least two of those goals being goals he is directly responsible for.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."