• Please log in to reply
1242 replies to this topic

#1021 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

rough loss tonight, no complaining because it won't change anything, stick by the team they will pull through

for whoever asked if we have ever comeback from 0-2 down in the series... yes against the Canucks when Lidstrom scored from center ice and changed the series

get back into it on Tuesday...

GO WINGS!

#1022 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Think we did few years back... Not sure though.

2002 Western Conference Quarterfinals against Vancouver. Detroit lost the first two at home, Dom looked like a sieve, then they went out to Vancouver and Lidstrom scored on Dan Cloutier from center ice. Cloutier was never the same and the Wings never looked back.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#1023 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

if detroit is better team,it is time to show it. for every detroit good scoring chance San Jose has had 2 or 3 or so.

I have to agree here. San Jose has had far more opportunities. The scoring chances in the game at one point were 14-12 San Jose according to Versus. I was going to wait before putting that stat out there until I saw the official stats. Still, San Jose had a +10 shot advantage so it seems plausible.

Wings have to come out with a stronger effort. So far, the effort they showed in Game 7 in Phoenix has not been around. It must be sitting in Detroit or on the San Jose tarmac waiting for the late arrival fine to be paid because its not with the team right now.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1024 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

WOW...

I have seriously never seen LGW this pissed. Ever.

I'm just going to keep saying that because to me that's the best way to describe what happened tonight in the Shark tank.

#1025 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Think we did few years back... Not sure though.

Vs. Vancouver... 2002.

#1026 Ratbastrd

Ratbastrd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

I'm a referee so I know how hard it is, and have never blamed the refs solely for a loss, but this sharks win was solely because of bad calls, especially the bertuzzi calls, the second one led to a 5 on 3 which ruined us. This really turns me off the NHL. The officiating is getting worse, probably because players are diving more and more, and its hard for the refs to decipher a dive from a non dive. Just an embarassment to the nhl this game.

Your a ref eh? Well I guess this settles it, the Refs out skated, out hit and out scored the Wings.

#1027 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Yes the refs affected the outcome, but the Wings need to forget these 2 games. Get back to playing and not worrying about calls, 5on5, we're betterr.

#NOMOREKINDL

#1028 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:12 PM

I have to agree here. San Jose has had far more opportunities. The scoring chances in the game at one point were 14-12 San Jose according to Versus. I was going to wait before putting that stat out there until I saw the official stats. Still, San Jose had a +10 shot advantage so it seems plausible.

Wings have to come out with a stronger effort. So far, the effort they showed in Game 7 in Phoenix has not been around. It must be sitting in Detroit or on the San Jose tarmac waiting for the late arrival fine to be paid because its not with the team right now.

Again, I don't see why you would ignore the officiating here. +10 in shots with SEVEN more power plays is a pretty low number, no?

#1029 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

As a former ref and current player, here's an easy way to tell dive vs. actual fall.

A dive will usually see both legs off the ice at the same time, save for the REALLY good divers. Most guys don't like to hit one knee/leg solely on the ice with full force, so they push off to avoid hurting themselves.

Not universal, but helpful.

#1030 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

never won a series down 0-2 have we?

Vancouver 2001?

#1031 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:13 PM

Yes the refs affected the outcome, but the Wings need to forget these 2 games. Get back to playing and not worrying about calls, 5on5, we're betterr.

:thumbup: Atta boy!

#1032 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:13 PM

WOW...

I have seriously never seen LGW this pissed. Ever.

I'm just going to keep saying that because to me that's the best way to describe what happened tonight in the Shark tank.

I think had the Wings just been blown out, people would be pissed and move on. This game was TOTALLY in the hands of the refs.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#1033 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

I'd agree with you but it was Bert's bulls*** penalty that snowballed into an eventual 5-on-3 that lead to the equalizer and totally changed the complexion of the game... At the very least, the game should have been tied after Lidstrom's stick exploded on him... I absolutely HATE to blame the refs, but I think it's very appropriate tonight.

So the refs destroyed Lidstrom's stick too?
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1034 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

I think had the Wings just been blown out, people would be pissed and move on. This game was TOTALLY in the hands of the refs.

Agreed it just really puts a bad taste in your mouth...
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#1035 Ratbastrd

Ratbastrd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

I suppose I now is as good a time as any to bring this up. Until your group shuts the Pavelski line down, your going to have a very hard time staying out of the penalty box and ahead in this series. They are outworking every line you have thrown against them and getting the calls as a result.

#1036 Zenith

Zenith

Legend

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

I never posted any comment on ref sucks thread but it is time to say referee is a s*it. Even hf boards people say the referee was atrocious tonight but the worst thing is we cannot change the past Posted Image

The last time we came from being down 2-0 was against the Canucks in 2002 when we won the cup. I hope it can happen again and we have to win next two games for sure regardless how ref will destroy us again.

I would give the Sharks a bit of credit but they won solely by the refs tonight

The ZENITH of real hockey, The Detroit Red Wings

#1037 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:15 PM

Vancouver 2001?

Vancouver 2002.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1038 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

There are definitely overreactions on both sides here. I definitely feel that the officiating has played a significant part in both games thus far in the series. As far as the WINGS LOSING the games, OBVIOUSLY there are some things that could or should have been done differently to affect the outcome of the game. Sure. That is the case with any loss, and probably with most wins. There are always plays the you could have done better and neither of these games is an exception to that. However, in addressing the SHARKS WINNING the games? I definitely feel that the Sharks have been handed every opportunity to win both games by the officials. I feel that, without the chances that were handed to the Sharks OR if the Wings were handed the same chances, the outcome would have been different. I am SURE that the large discrepancy in penalty calls thus far in the series is not even close to the discrepancy of ACTUAL penalties committed in the series. Specifically, (although these are not the sole issues that I have had with the officials) I do not feel that the Sharks should have rightfully had EITHER of the 1:00+ 5-on-3s that they were given in games 1 and 2, respectively. AND, those 5-on-3s directly affected the scoreboard. So, no... I do not feel that San Jose has earned anything at this point. With that said.... things don't always go your way and the Wings still have to just deal with it... because there is absolutely NOTHING to do about it. The series is NOT over and I fully believe that Detroit could have won both of these games despite what I feel was biased officiating. So, it goes without saying that they are fully capable of winning a fair contest.

#1039 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

The Wings didn't play great yes but any fool who thinks the Refs didn't drastically alter the outcome of the game either A. didn't watch it... B. doesn't know the game... The calls on Bert 2nite where absolutly atrocious... And to the Shark fan who thinks I'm wrong f*** off and get a rule book 3PP to your 10 PP for your boys, how the f*** was the officiating bad on both sides jerk off? This game was a total circus what af****** joke

Agreed. I don't like to blame the refs, but 10-4 in the difference in power play chances is a joke! The Wings were killing penalties for almost a complete period! You can't tell me SJ only had 4 infractions in the game when Detroit had 10.

I'm still waiting for a diving penalty call on SJ. It would put an end to their flipping and flopping.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm a Wings fan, but I've been noticing since the lockout that the Europeans are classier players compared to Canadians, who are more inclined to whine to the ref, lose their temper easier, cheap shot, and dive... It was one of my biggest complaints about Team Canada in the Olympics, most of them where whiners and goons.

Edited by Barrie, 02 May 2010 - 10:17 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#1040 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

i cannot THIS this enough either!

anger slowly subsiding, and babs' presser says it all.

lets just get back to rooting for our TEAM to outplay the opposition, and lets take these next two home games no matter what.

bring that game 7 intensity, and we've got this by the ass. bring our A-game, and we win. keep it simple.

hard to let these last two go, but if we expect our team to do it, we as fans had ought better do it as well.

(dammit, its sunday. i can't buy any "forget-juice" until tomorrow)
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.