• Please log in to reply
1242 replies to this topic

#1061 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

Have you guys noticed bertuzzi seems to have a fire lit under his ass now? This whole year and most of the playoffs he hasn't tried to deliver huge hits on anyone besides Jovanovski, he delivered a couple great hits.

Yeah, Bertuzzi has played well. It's too bad he gets rep calls(besides the cross check that was legit).

He has a bad back that's why you don't see him crash and bang like it's '03.

#1062 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

Again, as bad as the refs were in this game, we gave them way too many opportunities to make questionable calls.

We could have won this game in spite of the refs, but we blew it.

You can't blame the refs for our sloppy play and lack of composure.

AGAIN, this game was as winnable as they come in spite of any of the refs iffy calls, but we lost control and lost the game.

Blaming the refs is futile when you play as sloppy as we did.

We lost for a couple reasons. One, we weren't playing Red Wings hockey. We were sloppy, lazy and undisciplined.

That being said, when the refs are sof****** incompetent that they are calling phantom penalties and constantly forcing you to play on your heels because you're always on the penalty kill, that s*** is going to add up. The 2002 Wings would lose the game if these refs were calling it. You can't win the game when you're constantly on 5 on 3's because the refs caught you sneezing on the goalie and pop you for interference. Sooner or later, the team constantly on the PP is going to net goals, and that's just what happened.

Blaming the refs for this loss is absolutely correct, because if not for their stunning lack of intelligence, maybe we win this game DESPITE how poorly we played otherwise.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#1063 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

How does that change all the terrible calls? You don't think the game's outcome was seriously affected by the refs? ARE YOU HIGH?

I believe the games outcome is decided by the players. So far, in this series, we have not seen the Wings team that came to play in game 7 of the Phoenix series. No desperation. No hunger. No passion. Where are these qualities? Did the refs take these qualities from them? I seriously think they took a flight back to detroit while the team went to San Jose.

San Jose is getting more chances because they are the hungrier team. Until Detroit comes out and matches that effort for a full 60 minutes, they are not going to beat this team or any other team in the playoffs on a consistent basis.

So you tell me, who is more high here? The guy bitching about the refs saying the games outcome was seriously affected by the refs or the guy saying that the Wings need a strong consistent effort for a full 60 minutes?

Ah well, I am heading to bed. As much as I am disappointed with the 4 obvious crap calls I saw in the game (3 against the Wings and 1 against the Sharks), what tires me more are the Wings fans that are jumping off the bandwagon like lemmings off a cliff.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1064 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Eva's not a troll. He may be highly opinionated but aren't we all? Just because he favours Hudler doesn't mean he's ruining the boards.

Not really. Discussions have a purpose and you learn nothing from arguing with him. He's mostly here to agitate others and start pointless arguments. Sure guys like him and Carmen will give out one good post every now and again but overall it's better if his posts mostly say, "You have chosen to ignore all posts by (such and such)".

#1065 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Best part about tonight?... i have a leaf fan telling me to stop blaming the refs. :ranting:
Posted Image

#1066 Ratbastrd

Ratbastrd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:25 PM

Thank you captain obvious. :)

Seriously, I have been saying that for a while now. Pavelski has been a demon out there for San Jose. LGW was cheering him on when he was playing for team USA, and even I said that he was going to be trouble if Detroit and San Jose met. Now, they are seeing just how good this guy is. What a clutch player.

Problem is we are never going to be able to afford to resign Marleau if Pavs keeps playing like this. I want to see one of those time elapsed dollar counters above his head every time he hits the ice. Don't want to be a homer on your board, but Clowe and Seto deserve a lot of credit too, both are playing way above their previous levels.

#1067 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

Damn, they are beating us at our game, SOG 45-31, they just kept peppering us. Not Howie's fault ... stop the put Ozzie in threads.
The padawan McLelland has learned well from the Master.

#1068 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

Keys to winning the series:

1) Stop Pavelski.

That is all.

The man is a one man wrecking machine to Detroit's hopes and dreams.

That being said, I want him to be a Red Wing. Real bad.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1069 XFace619

XFace619

Draftee

• 14 posts

Let's put it this way, the Wings played well enough to cover their own mistakes and to weather the Sharks attack (since the final score wasn't a blowout). However, the way the calls went, it was an extra hurdle that made a manageable challenge become too overwhelming and thus the Wings lost.

Yes we played like crap at points in this game, yes the Sharks outplayed us at those points, but it's ridiculous for anyone to sit here and say the refs didn't have a part in deciding this game.

#1070 Ratbastrd

Ratbastrd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

What do you want? You want us to give your Sharkies credit, you would be better off going to the Middle East and handing out Bibles.

You don't need to credit the Sharks but please stop blaming the win on the Refs. The Sharks beat the Wings tonight not the Refs.

#1071 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

I love the people calling for Osgood to be put in. You think he's going to be much better than Howard has been? The team made the conscious decision to sink or swim with Howard and that's just what they're doing. Give them props for sticking with their decision, at the very least.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#1072 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Keys to winning the series:

1) Stop Pavelski.

That is all.

The man is a one man wrecking machine to Detroit's hopes and dreams.

That being said, I want him to be a Red Wing. Real bad.

Sure but how good would Pavelski look if there were no such things as 5 on 3's?

#1073 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Just checked the penalties ... WTF ... 10-4 ??!!

#1074 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Part to blame is on the Wings. If they would have pushed it all the game, they wouldn't be called for phantom calls. The Sharks were putting pressure and the refs were calling everything. It was sort of like a "kick em while they are done" moment. If the wings would have played like they are capable of, the penalties would have been the other way. It is nof****** conspiracy.

You might want to stop saying things like this while you can. The overall conspiracy theorists and people blaming the refs gives a lot of LGW nation a certain comfort zone. See, the Wings can come out with a crap effort then, and its easy to point the finger at something else. Bettman is a great target for criticism too, even though the Wings are not playing for a full 60 minutes without intense passion or hunger.

Good to hear from true Wings fans out there such as yourself that have a grasp of the obvious and actually know hockey.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1075 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Except in our "own game" we don't have 10 power plays :P
Wish List: Stanley Cup!
100% pure Ukranian

#1076 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,961 posts

I for one thought the officiating was even.

Of course, I spent the entire 3rd period in the bathroom, so I didn't see what happened. :P
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1077 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

In the 2nd period, the Wings scored the only goal. They outshot the Sharks, 12-11, and had a lot of pressure. They drove the net, cycled the puck well and had a lot of offensive zone pressure.

There were two penalties in that period.

Both were against Detroit.

What about the other two periods? :).
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#1078 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

You don't need to credit the Sharks but please stop blaming the win on the Refs. The Sharks beat the Wings tonight not the Refs.

So it was 5-on-5 when the Sharks scored the game-tying goal? It was 5-on-5 for the first 6 minutes of the third period? The refs won this game. As soon as this BS stops, the series will turn.

#1079 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Damn, they are beating us at our game, SOG 45-31, they just kept peppering us. Not Howie's fault ... stop the put Ozzie in threads.
The padawan McLelland has learned well from the Master.

Highly influenced by man advantage.

#1080 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

I believe the games outcome is decided by the players.

We'd all like to believe that. Doesn't mean that it's the truth.