• Please log in to reply
1242 replies to this topic

#1101 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

Sharks didn't do anything that warranted a penalty except some dives. Those calls that the wings got against them were thing that COULDN'T go unoticed. Dives or not its a hard call, if a guy falls and bertuzzi's hand is on him, its going to be a holding call. If you get your stick between someones legs and they fall 9.8/10 its a tripping call.

The diving really pisses me off sof****** much but we never got jobbed, the other team got lucky.

So the refs aren't expected to call diving penalties when someone dives? That's news to me.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#1102 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:42 PM

When Mindfly wakes up tomorrow in Sweden and views the replay, that country is bound to implode.

You can say that again... LOL.

#1103 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:43 PM

So the refs aren't expected to call diving penalties when someone dives? That's news to me.

Its a hard call, the game is fast, we cudve easily won this game but we dug ourselves in a hole, and filpula f***ed us over at the end big time, we had a chance.

#1104 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

When you see the refs are calling phantom calls all game, why in the f*** do you keep taking chances on scrappy, 50/50 penalty type stuff? Bert's "holding" call was ABSURD. No argument. But then Kronwall takes a blatant penalty on the PK that he absolutely didn't need to take. So I should blame the refs for Kronwalls total stupidity in taking a blatant, unnecessary penalty when we're already on the PK and up only by 1?!?!

Seriously?!?!?

Every penalty against us after Bert's "holding" call was a legit penalty. The only phantom call after that was against Heatley!

Sorry, no way is blaming the refs going to fly. They may have sucked, but we gave this game away.

I think what angers so many of us on here is not so much that we got these calls made on us, but that our side of the scale was weighted much more heavily than San Jose's. I agree that the 3 calls on Kronner, Cleary, and Flip were all legit, but the fact of the matter is that the refs turned a blind eye to a lot that San Jose did, but would give us a penalty every time Setagouchi wobbled just a little or for normal game-like activity such as checking. And one bad call on Heatley does not make up for it. If it would have been more even like in Game 1, yeah, I could easily accept that this teams' sub-par play tonight cost them the game. But when something is staring you so blantantly in the face, like the officiating tonight, it's hard to say it's all the Wings' fault. I really hope when they get to the Joe on Tuesday, the officials will be more professional.

#1105 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

One game at a time, that needs to be the Wings mentality.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#1106 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

Who would have guessed that we would be playing the Olympic diving team.

#1107 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:49 PM

There's no doubt in my mind that Detroit can win in San Jose. I wish I was as confident that Detroit would win all 3 at home.

#1108 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:49 PM

But you can't just take these all out of context, one at a time. Kronwall's not in position to take that penalty without the BS Bertuzzi penalty that completed shifted the course of that game. Detroit started the 3rd strong and then that crap call changed the momentum, the Kronwall penalty led to a tie and the rest is history. You're telling me there was NO time that a Wing was interfered with, held or roughed in all that time? Come on. You can blame the refs when the refs are horrendous.

Can't take it out of context? I would say I'm keeping within the context as opposed to trying to take the penalty out of context. Bad calls happen; poorly called games happen. These guys are professionals and they need to be able to respond better than they did in a game where the refs are calling a lot of slop. Anyone could see early on that these refs were whistle-happy tonight and instead of rolling with the punches and tightening things up, they got even sloppier than normal! Again, I'm not saying the refs didn't suck. Without a doubt, they did, there's no argument or debate about it. It certainly didn't help matters tonight, but we lost the game because of our own poor choices; our own sloppy play. We took way too many stupid penalties at terrible times.

Remember, it was just a tie game before Cleary's dumb penalty and Flip's dumb penalty that ate up time we could've used to make a push. And then a blatant too many men on the ice call killing our chance for an advantage at the end?! Seriously, I get that people are pissed at the refs and losing this game and I get how it's easy to do a sort of math on the matter to assign blame to someone else, but the Wings did more to lose this game than they did to win it. San Jose did more to win this game than to lose it. That's the bottom line.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#1109 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

Hopefully the Wings are pissed off. That would be good for us fans. :).

#1110 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:51 PM

Hopefully the Wings are pissed off. That would be good for us fans. :).

If they're not, this series is over.

#1111 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

If they're not, this series is over.

That is true. It angers me knowing the WINGS are better than the hole they have dug for themselves. Once again, the team will be tested.

#1112 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:54 PM

Especially when they made the point before the playoffs that they were going to call goaltender interference and diving.

#1113 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

We sucked on faceoffs, Zetterberg was awful too. But if anyone thinks that the officiating did not effect this game is extremely confused. That was the most pathetic one sided third period of play off hockey in history. Thats a bold statement but can anyone really disagree. I mean a weak 5 on 3. Then the should of been 5 on 3 for the wings denied. Just horrible
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1114 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:57 PM

Again, I've never see LGW this pissed off.

I feel like I hope to never see it again.

#1115 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:57 PM

wow officials were horrible tonight... after game 1 I still felt optimistic cause I figured if the wings could play like they normally do game 2 would be a win. kind of hard to play like you normally do when you're on the pk for af****** period. after game 2 I think if we win the next game we will win the series. Babcock needs to let this team know that we can still win no matter how many retards are officiating the game, 5 on 5 i think we got em beat... hell, if game 3 was officiated like this i probably wouldn't be as pissed because chances are we would have won game 2 and then only be down by 1. but now we're down by 2 because of some calls that were just ridiculous

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT NHL OFFICIATING... I DON'T CARE WHAT, I'M NOT TRYING TO HANG THE REFS, BUT THIS ISf****** RIDICULOUS. there needs to be a referee off ice that has just as much pull as an on-ice referee. IF IT'S BROKE, FIX IT!

#1116 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

Again, I've never see LGW this pissed off.

I feel like I hope to never see it again.

And to think, Mindfly has not even posted yet.
The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#1117 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

We sucked on faceoffs, Zetterberg was awful too. But if anyone thinks that the officiating did not effect this game is extremely confused. That was the most pathetic one sided third period of play off hockey in history. Thats a bold statement but can anyone really disagree. I mean a weak 5 on 3. Then the should of been 5 on 3 for the wings denied. Just horrible

We have a bunch of personality types on here who think they can control everything and so they expect as much from the Wings. To even think of the possibility that something outside their control can influence things is too hard.

#1118 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:05 PM

And to think, Mindfly has not even posted yet.

Maybe he watched the game without posting on here.

Eesh...

Maybe he's dead.

I hope not. If he doesn't post here in a week then maybe someone should check on him or something.

#1119 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

I think were just about done here boys.

I don't think were gonna beat these guys 4 out of the next 5 games. I also have no reason to believe the reffign will be any different. Just not in the cards this year.

Posted Image

#1120 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

Seems like we've cooled a bit on here. Man... What a rough night.