• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BiscuitBoss

Crosby the greatest?

Rate this topic

I am sick of being force-fed this Crosby is King crap. The annointing started before the guy even laced up for his first NHL game. For instance, anyone with eyes can see that Ovechkin is clearly a better player.. I can think of many others I would rather have that are better skaters, defensive players, more grit, etc. It seems to me that this myopic Crosby fervor stems from the need for Canadians to cling to hockey as the one thing they are better than others at, and being the hockey kingdom they need a hockey king. This inferiority complex stems from the fact that they were too afraid to join us in the revolutionary war, and has continued since(notice thier money still has the queen of england on it). I call em like I see em, if crosby was the best I'd say so.

This is the first I've heard someone complaining about Crosby being over-hyped. This discussion should be fresh and enlightening.

I don't know why, but I just laughed so hard I nearly fell off the chair. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow. Just wow.

The OP is throwing out a flame like no other I've seen here. The whole "I'm sick of Crosby" has been done...and done...and done some more. What I give him credit for, is the part about Canada and it's inferiority complex, the revolutionary war, and for good measure...our money. I am Canadian and I don't like Crosby, we are the king of hockey, I was not around during the revolutionary war (and I'm pretty sure things are were a little different, politically speaking, back then), and I don't give a rat's ass that the Queen of England is on the money. Should we put Crosby on our money?

Useless thread, although I did add to it, and I did so very reluctantly. Delete it.

I am sick of being force-fed this Crosby is King crap. The annointing started before the guy even laced up for his first NHL game. For instance, anyone with eyes can see that Ovechkin is clearly a better player.. I can think of many others I would rather have that are better skaters, defensive players, more grit, etc. It seems to me that this myopic Crosby fervor stems from the need for Canadians to cling to hockey as the one thing they are better than others at, and being the hockey kingdom they need a hockey king. This inferiority complex stems from the fact that they were too afraid to join us in the revolutionary war, and has continued since(notice thier money still has the queen of england on it). I call em like I see em, if crosby was the best I'd say so.

You could ask Bettman,but I'm sure even he's had better.

e-mail the NHL about it!

Also, this has nothing to do with Canada. The NHL head offices are in New York.

Haha I would rather have a guy that is good enough to be arguably be the best right now then be an American. Still bitter about us winning that gold on your land then on ours oh and burning down the white house?

Haha I would rather have a guy that is good enough to be arguably be the best right now then be an American. Still bitter about us winning that gold on your land then on ours oh and burning down the white house?

The Canadians burnt down the White House?

Guest mjtm77

Crosby is better end thread. Come back to this board when you know hockey.

Crosby is better end thread. Come back to this board when you know hockey.

So people who don't think the sun shines out of Crosby's ass, don't know hockey and should leave the site? Well I'm glad we have your authority to look to in these confusing times.

Nah it was the British fighting for the Canadians.

That's why I asked, I don't remember learning the Canadians burning down the White House during the War of 1812.

Edited by Electrophile

I understand your frustrations about crosby because i am sick of hearing his name to, while some of it is because hes canadian most of it is because bettman is trying to prove that hockey does belong in some of these markets which they shoudnt.pittsburg was the first part of that plan when they were for sale a couple years ago and they ended up getting good draft picks and they still couldnt sell out ,so when they drafted crosby bettman made him the poster boy of the nhl so that his little project of selling the game in places that dont care about hockey wouldnt make him look bad,and we all know that when in the future when pittsburg starts losing whenever it might be that the fans are going to disapear again. And as for your comment about canadians in the revolutionary war ,what about world war 1 when newfoundlanders sacrificed they re lives at the front lines while the americans fled leaving them to die. Newfoundlander are canadians it this proves that eveyone makes mistakes no matter what country your from

That's why I asked, I don't remember learning the Canadians burning down the White House during the War of 1812.

Right, but some Canadians like to think it was them, or I should say us since I'm Canadian.

I understand your frustrations about crosby because i am sick of hearing his name to, while some of it is because hes canadian most of it is because bettman is trying to prove that hockey does belong in some of these markets which they shoudnt.pittsburg was the first part of that plan when they were for sale a couple years ago and they ended up getting good draft picks and they still couldnt sell out ,so when they drafted crosby bettman made him the poster boy of the nhl so that his little project of selling the game in places that dont care about hockey wouldnt make him look bad,and we all know that when in the future when pittsburg starts losing whenever it might be that the fans are going to disapear again. And as for your comment about canadians in the revolutionary war ,what about world war 1 when newfoundlanders sacrificed they re lives at the front lines while the americans fled leaving them to die. Newfoundlander are canadians it this proves that eveyone makes mistakes no matter what country your from

Thank you for sharing some facts related to my topic. I apologize if my words caused offense, I don't hate Canadiens , I was just trying to explain why I thought things were the way they were.