• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitBoy313

US ratings show big jump

Rate this topic

Hello there, Olympics bump. Come here often?

Nah, it has to due to the fact that 14 of the 16 teams that made the playoffs are in excellent hockey markets.

I'm very happy the NHL is getting better ratings. Better TV numbers means they'll be on better American TV stations.

Nah, it has to due to the fact that 14 of the 16 teams that made the playoffs are in excellent hockey markets.

I'm very happy the NHL is getting better ratings. Better TV numbers means they'll be on better American TV stations.

I think the Olympics probably has something to do with it. Weren't most of the good hockey markets there last season?

Last year it was Boston, Wash, NY, NJ, Carolina, Pitt, Philly, San Jose, Anaheim, Detroit, Columbus, St. Louis, and Chicago.

Teams this year that weren't last season were Buffalo, Nashville, Los Angeles, and Phoenix. Hardly huge ratings markets. The loss of New York is big. St. Louis is also a good hockey market. Though LA was probably a gain over Anaheim in terms of viewership.

Unless I'm missing some teams, I don't think the teams changed enough for that to completely account for the bump in ratings. The U.S. Canada Olympic hockey game attracted a fair amount of attention in the states.

Edited by haroldsnepsts