• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingsfan4life19

No Worries

Rate this topic

She is just that freaking awesome.

Yes she is. And I've definitely contributed to that high number. Still... She's in the thousand range. I saw that and I was like... Whoa... Pavel Datsyuk is incredibly amazing but I'd still like to know how he does the stuff he does.

I am concerned but I am not panicked. The games are very close, and I honestly believe if we wouldn't have been called for such ridiculous stuff in the 2nd game the series would at least be tied right now. The 5 on 3's are ridiculous, and honestly, if they had called similar bad calls both ways to make the power plays like 9 to 10 or something, I would be able to live much easier than it being 10 to 4 with a lot of bad calls. That's the difference.

On top of that, even as we have not won faceoffs and such, we still have been in games. I like the more open kind of hockey this series is giving us. I think we can still come back from this. All we have to do is hold serve at home. If it's 2 to 1 after game 3 then we are all suddenly more optimistic. I have no doubt it will be 2-1 after game 3, but gmae 4 is the place where I'm worried about having a letdown.

In game 2, I have seen arguably the best Datsyuk since 2007.

Dangerous every time he had the puck... He has lifted his game up to an incredible level since his disappointing olympics.

Yes she is. And I've definitely contributed to that high number. Still... She's in the thousand range. I saw that and I was like... Whoa... Pavel Datsyuk is incredibly amazing but I'd still like to know how he does the stuff he does.

Alright, alright. I'll spill the secret to my success.

You ready?

Positive?

Totally ready?

Can you really handle it?

Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you........

The secret is.........I run a brothel. All the members here who are guys get the best hookers if they give me +1s on all my posts. They're clean, really enthusiastic and think hockey fans are SEXXXXXY. But please don't tell the cops, I don't want to get shut down before I hit 2000.

Guest Crymson

Anything less than a 2-0 homestand here and you can forget it.

Yeah, because no team in this playoffs has come back from a 3-1 deficit...

Oh, let's cue the pessimists who will come in here to explain why Montreal could do it but the Wings are unable.

The Wings have seen how this series will be called. Take not and adjust. Don't touch anyone who doesn't have the puck. Don't go near the goaltender. Open the game up and find another way to get it done. Datsyuk, Franzen, Z and Filpula are all skilled enough guys that they should be capable of scoring at a fair clip without releying on the guy in front of the net.

Also, for f***'s sake guys, quit comitting stupid penalties. Dicipline! Many of the calls against us were bad, but Datsyuk cannot be cross-checking players in the playoffs, he knows better. Cleary, the game is on the line, wtf is up with that slash? Howard, your stick is to be swung at the puck, not other players - wise up!

Be realistic, San Jose is a good team. One of the best in the league in fact. If the games were called perfectly even, the Wings would still have to play very well to have a chance to win.

You can't just say "there's some adversity now go overcome it and if you don't then you didn't try hard enough or weren't good enough...". You can't win battles in the corners or in front of the net or anywhere else if you don't even fight them for fear of taking a BS penalty. Some adversity can't be overcome.

Last game Flip gave up on a loose puck when a Shark player was maybe a little in front of him. Rafi's stick maybe might have been near to touching a Shark and he dropped it like it had suddenly become poisonous. We made few drives toward the net and had little traffic in front after the bogus interference calls. That is what you're suggesting, and that is exactly what we can't do. That's basically giving up.

What we need to do is just play like we would any other time. Forget last game, nothing can be done about. Be aggressive, drive the net, fight hard, and hope the refs don't get in our way again (or at least call it even).

And a side note on the penalties to Pav and Cleary. Both of those were plays we see 20-30 times every game. But normally, sticks don't break and players don't take headers into the net, so no one notices. Cleary got unlucky, and Pav happened to get called. Can't really complain about either one.

Yeah, because no team in this playoffs has come back from a 3-1 deficit...

Oh, let's cue the pessimists who will come in here to explain why Montreal could do it but the Wings are unable.

Montreal only did it because Halak stole three straight games and Washington's powerplay couldn't score for s***.

Do you think Howard can steal three straight from the Sharks while getting outshot 45-15 and to have our PK own the Sharks PP?

I doubt it and hope we don't have to find out. That's a good enough explanation for why we can't go down 3-1.

Going down 3-1 would likely be the end of the series.

Guest teef

glad to see there is still some optimism in the wings camp. a seven game series is a long one, and i've seen many go in the opposite direction from where this one is at now. all the wings have to do is win 3 at home and steal 1 of 2 left in san jose. given their record against the sharks, it's not to high of a hill to climb.

but here's to hoping it doesn't happen.

sharks in 6!

The secret is.........I run a brothel. All the members here who are guys get the best hookers if they give me +1s on all my posts. They're clean, really enthusiastic and think hockey fans are SEXXXXXY. But please don't tell the cops, I don't want to get shut down before I hit 2000.

Haha. In that case you owe me over ten hookers at least. I'd like at least four voluptuous-type shaped; but a woman with no implants or any kind of alien stuff in their bodies. Not a fan. Race doesn't matter. For the other girls I'm thinking... Scandinavian imports. I've been in an accent kind of mood lately.

Seriously though you're not the only one with high numbers. I guess all that's done in the water cooler forums and whatnot and I don't spend any time there so I have no idea what goes on there. Must be good though.

Montreal only did it because Halak stole three straight games and Washington's powerplay couldn't score for s***.

Do you think Howard can steal three straight from the Sharks while getting outshot 45-15 and to have our PK own the Sharks PP?

I doubt it and hope we don't have to find out. That's a good enough explanation for why we can't go down 3-1.

Going down 3-1 would likely be the end of the series.

You're assuming that they'll win a game. At this point I don't know about that.

For me it's like this.

I say the Wings will win in 6 or 7 games.

If they lose a third game, I'll say they'll win in 7.

If they lose a fourth game, I'll wait for next season and say they'll win then.

I believe they can win any game and any series until I have definitive proof otherwise.

I'm a fan. This is what I do.

For me it's like this.

I believe they can win any game and any series until I have definitive proof otherwise.

A very positive fan.

Good outlook I wish I could share,but you should be commended. :clap:

Series is far from over. I actually welcome the Sharks fans who think otherwise. Series heads back to San Jose 2-2 bank on it.

I don't know about the actual series game tally going back to SJ, but you are absolutely correct that the series is far, FAR from over. The Sharks know firsthand what it is like to completely blow a 2-0 lead, just four short years ago, to the lower seeded Oilers, who came back from a 2-0 deficit, and advanced to the WCF after winning four straight games in a row, winning that series at home in six.

Tell me the Sharks team isn't aware of that little precedent/possibility.

Many have said here that they will worry if the Wings lose one at home. I echo that in reverse. If they come back to SJ tied 2-2, I will be very, very worried for the Sharks, who really do have to steal at least one at the Joe.

Why do either of you care? Just asking.

Outside of sheer curiosity I'm not exactly sure. I just saw it and it seemed freakishly high. I was curious and in amazement somewhat. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

I mean how the hell does GMR get a rep over 100? :blink:

Yeah seriously. You're an *******. And I call you that because I'm pretty sure you take that as a compliment. I didn't think others would be so understanding but I was obviously wrong.

For me it's like this.

Thank you...

And I agree. I've felt a strange calm since this series started; I was more nervous for the Phoenix series, but even then I felt that the Wings would win that series. It took them seven games to do it but they took their game to a new level and pulled it off.

Even now, with the Wings down 2 games, I feel calm. I vented along with others about the poor officiating, but I firmly believe the Wings can still take this series. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but until this team gives me a reason not to believe, I will stand behind them and believe that they can do anything that they want to.

Even as a shark fan, I fully expect the Wings to look like a completely different team in Game 3. I think you will out shoot us and I think you'll actually have a slight edge in faceoff wins as well (or at least even them up considerably). The Sharks defense can be taken advantage of and even with two losses you guys have still put up 6 goals so it's not like Nabby is standing on his head.

Barring a collapse by the Wings or Nabby playing his best playoff game ever, the only way I see the Sharks taking this game is to keep it tied going into the 3rd and then scoring the go ahead goal in the last ten minutes. We will need breaks to keep falling our way and as a Shark fan I wouldn't know what that looks like so it's really hard to see it happening. Hell, Game 3 could turn out to be something ridiculous like 6-1 Wings.

That being said, I'm hoping to be proved wrong. Go sharks!

Hell, Game 3 could turn out to be something ridiculous like 6-1 Wings.

I hope not, but it is definitely possible, and if they do, I do want it to kick the pendulum hard to one side, big enough to humble the Sharks, and also big enough to give the Wings overconfidence going into Game 4. It's for that very reason that I'm glad the last two games were won by small enough margins to keep the Sharks focused, and also to possibly cause the Wings to believe that nothing on their part really needs to change, aside from officiating, a change of behavior on the other team's part, or something else outside themselves.

Even that's an illusion. They know they have win more faceoffs, and they also know that they took several (too many) penalties that weren't the slightest bit controversial. At a minimum, I fully expect those adjustments have already been made.

Outside of sheer curiosity I'm not exactly sure. I just saw it and it seemed freakishly high. I was curious and in amazement somewhat. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

Yeah seriously. You're an *******. And I call you that because I'm pretty sure you take that as a compliment. I didn't think others would be so understanding but I was obviously wrong.

I like being the bad guy.

Like Gary Oldman or Triple-H (back when he was still a bad guy).

But I'm pretty sure there's a glitch in the system when some posters have like a -400 or some s***. No way anyone has that much free time on their hands.