Sign in to follow this  
Wingsfan4life19

No Worries

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

im changing my prediction:

if detroit wins game 3 this series is going 6,7 games

if sj wins game 3 sharks take it in 5

Honestly, they were better then us in the first. The second was pretty even because the BS calls started happening and it took the rythem out of the game.

Then of course the third period. I'm not so sure who the better team is, i thought in game 1 we were...but we atleast deserve a split.

Im not optimistic tho, i guess i don't think the Wings will come back.

Not out at all, Jimmy is gonna be lights out next game. He had two games where he gave up 4 to phx and he rebounded. I'm expecting him to do the same here. As much as it pains me to bring it up we should all be able to recall last year's finals. Idk whose quote it is, but i'm sure most of us have heard it, "it's not a series until the away team wins a game" (i wouldn't say that's verbatum tho)

We need to play better officiating or not.

Howard can't give up 4 goals again and our faceoffs need to be better. Also, our PK has to be better.

Also, Zetterberg has to start scoring in this series and so does Flip. One good series is not enough.

It isn't over, but we have a lot to work on regardless of the officiating.

By the same token you have to say that the Wings can't give up 44 shots on Howard. He may have let 4 goals in but he had a save percentage of 91.1%. You just can't let them take 44 shots on your goalie in the playoffs and expect good things to happen.

I often wonder why the league doesn't call diving more often. It's constant in the playoffs. The 'selling' of the calls has really gotten out of hand.

I see more diving in the Stanley Cup playoffs than I do in World Cup soccer games. It's unreal. At this rate, the players should start wearing Speedos and goggles.

Has anybody been angry enough to actually submit a letter or something of the such to the league?

If by letter to the league you mean flaming bag of dog s*** on Bettman's front lawn then yes, yes I am angry enough.

I see more diving in the Stanley Cup playoffs than I do in World Cup soccer games. It's unreal. At this rate, the players should start wearing Speedos and goggles.

How is your rep in the one thousand range? :blink:

17 penalities in 2 games? Something is wrong there.

yeah, the wings discipline. maybe they have gotten the short end of the stick on some calls, but so have the sharks. I'm sure all 17 of those were bs calls huh? maybe the wings should take responsibility for their own actions... bad calls or not, 17 penalties in 2 games reflects a lack of discipline if you ask me. but really though... it's all a conspiracy

Nope, they weren't all bad, but the bad ones often have come at the worst possible time for the Wings... such as the "high stick" (with diving added for effect) called on Flipper in Game 1 that set up the 5-3 that netted the GWG. When the Versus guys mention the "selling" of the call, you know it's bad.

It sucks, but I'm not freaking out by it. It's asking a lot of the Wings to try and fight BOTH the Sharks and Refs. The Sharks still look very "beatable", it's just that the Wings haven't been able to buy a break in the first 2 games. If they hunker down now, and we get some Refs from the usual "let them play" school of Playoff officiating, then we're still alive.

Edited by Gizmo

If by letter to the league you mean flaming bag of dog s*** on Bettman's front lawn then yes, yes I am angry enough.

I think a lot of people are 'angry enough' but won't bother because we all know it will fall on deaf ears (or blind eyes, being a letter). The league and the officials association blindly backs the calls, pretty much no matter what.

And since I'm here I'll throw in my two cents. Last night angered me as much as anyone else. Yes some of the calls were legit, yes some of the calls on the Sharks were bogus, yes we ABSOLUTELY need to be better in the faceoff circle, yes our discipline did start to fall apart, BUT walking out of the game last night my attitude was: ******* angry but overall aside from faceoffs the Wings played their hearts out and kept themselves in the game with an even score despite being mobbed, baited, called, non-calls and I can't fault them for that.

I will have to agree with whoever posted in one of the 3 threads I have tabbed about last night's game, however. If the refs keep deciding games, I as well, will be taking a long break from watching hockey. I am not wearing a tin foil hat, nor am I crying conspiracy. The officiating has been disgusting LEAGUE-WIDE. I have been a hockey fan since 1996 (at which point I was 11 years old), I couldn't bring myself to watch other teams games this season, I watch our games because I AM a Red Wings fan. I am not a blind one, though. As I said, this is a league-wide problem and if this s*** continues to decide our games, I'm really over it until something changes.

Edited by Nic

Yeah we will be fine, first 2 games are over, all we can do now is focus on our home games and go back to the shark tank tied. If we can tie this series 2-2 we will win the series.

Guest micah

The Wings have seen how this series will be called. Take not and adjust. Don't touch anyone who doesn't have the puck. Don't go near the goaltender. Open the game up and find another way to get it done. Datsyuk, Franzen, Z and Filpula are all skilled enough guys that they should be capable of scoring at a fair clip without releying on the guy in front of the net.

Also, for f***'s sake guys, quit comitting stupid penalties. Dicipline! Many of the calls against us were bad, but Datsyuk cannot be cross-checking players in the playoffs, he knows better. Cleary, the game is on the line, wtf is up with that slash? Howard, your stick is to be swung at the puck, not other players - wise up!

Guest mindfly

The Wings have seen how this series will be called. Take not and adjust. Don't touch anyone who doesn't have the puck. Don't go near the goaltender. Open the game up and find another way to get it done. Datsyuk, Franzen, Z and Filpula are all skilled enough guys that they should be capable of scoring at a fair clip without releying on the guy in front of the net.

Also, for f***'s sake guys, quit comitting stupid penalties. Dicipline! Many of the calls against us were bad, but Datsyuk cannot be cross-checking players in the playoffs, he knows better. Cleary, the game is on the line, wtf is up with that slash? Howard, your stick is to be swung at the puck, not other players - wise up!

Brad May should have been in the lineup....

The problem with being down 2-0 is that there's no room for error.

We played like s*** against Phoenix in game 4 at home, but that wound up not mattering because we'd already stolen home ice.

Now we absolutely, unequivocally need to win both games at home. We haven't been in this position in a long time.

I just wish this team would play the way it did towards the end of the regular season when we had that great run. Right now we're 4-5 in the playoffs, which is how we played all year before the injured players returned. We've just been subpar and inconsistent in this postseason.

Not worried a bit. A different set of refs will allow the Wings to play their game more effectively. Either one of those last two games could have EASILY been a win. Not worried about the Wings pulling 1 out of 2 in San Jose. We got this. Pavelski is about to meet reality again.

Winning 4-of-5 will be tough. Just saying.

Well, I tried to stay upbeat in my first post but...

If Zetterberg doesn't figure out a way to win some faceoffs, we're done. I'm not really sure who's percentage is the worst right now, but it seems like Zetterberg's are leading directly to goals. Faceoffs are eating us alive.

Guest mjtm77

I am worried winning four of five will be tough so don't tell me I am not worried

Winning 4-of-5 will be tough. Just saying.

Winning 2-of-3 sounds much more realistic though ... so let's hope they take care of business. Hopefully San Jose gets a little overconfident and loses some focus on the cross-country trip, so Detroit can pounce tomorrow. Anything less than a 2-0 homestand here and you can forget it.

Let's also not forget that Detroit was down 2-1 last series without home ice and survived. Just find a way to win Tuesday and they're back in the EXACT same spot.

Edited by Octopus's Garden