• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest REDWINGSFTW

Reunite Zetterberg And Datsyuk

Rate this topic

Guest REDWINGSFTW

We need Datsyuk and Zettberg on the same line with maybe cleary or holmstrom, we need a high skill attack on one line that give the sharks fits. I think Filpula and Franzen can man the second line and just leave the rest the same. We need a change and i think this it.

Anyone agree.

Guest mjtm77

the refs need to call a fair game the lines are fine. how do they miss a highstick on helm and a stick up on howard. the reffing makes me mad :ranting: but the lines are fine if anything put zet frans and cleary together

They need to find a way to shut down Pavelski but still keep the Thornton line in check.

This. If we put Z and Dats together we have to put them out against either Thronton or Pavelski so whoever we don't put them against would absolutely dominate us. The lines are fine right now we are doing well 5 on 5 its just the SJ power plays that are killing us right now.

Eaves needs to get healthy because the 3rd and 4th lines have to generate that energy and speed ... they were OK in game 2, but not spectacular. Williams is beyond worthless at this point.

I also kind of wish Maltby was able to take Draper's place in the lineup.

Anyway ... I think the Dats/Z split is fine for now, and it allows Babs to come back with them in 4-on-4 or PP situations, as well as unleash them at the end of games. Loading up on one line would only work if one/both of those guys was double-shifting all game

Eaves needs to get healthy because the 3rd and 4th lines have to generate that energy and speed ... they were OK in game 2, but not spectacular. Williams is beyond worthless at this point.

I also kind of wish Maltby was able to take Draper's place in the lineup.

Anyway ... I think the Dats/Z split is fine for now, and it allows Babs to come back with them in 4-on-4 or PP situations, as well as unleash them at the end of games. Loading up on one line would only work if one/both of those guys was double-shifting all game

Agreed with Williams. They leave him out because he's played awful so they bring him back at the first injury. Throw in one of the other minors for one game. They'll want it and have great speed and will want to hit to show their worth.

I think Mule would play better with Hank and Filppula, that line needs a boost. I don't approve of Bertuzzi's play at all tho, so its hard to have any equation with him in the top 6 over Cleary at this point. Ideally, Babcock would try:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Cleary

Franzen-Zetterberg-Filppula

OR

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Cleary

Just tired of watching Bertuzzi float and do a fly-by instead of using his size and constantly playing with only one hand on the stick, leading to lazy play with the puck and taking penalties without the puck (granted both of the penalties last night were a joke).

Opies © new wing lines:

Z D MULE

CLear Fil Bert

Draper Helm Eaves/Williams (only when injured)

Holmer Abdelkader Miller

Lids Ralf

Stuart Kronwall

Ericsson Lilja

Larsson

McCollum

(Ok ok, just kidding Howie and Ozzie)

Guest blueadams

I agree.

FORWARDS:

1) Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom - need to get a DOMINANT goal-scoring line back together.

2) Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi - this is the best second line that we'd be able to put together.

3) Cleary-Abdelkader-Williams - i actually really like this as a third line.

4) Draper-Helm-Eaves (Miller if still hurt) - this has been our best shut-down line throughout the season.

DEFENSEMEN:

1) Lidstrom-Kronwall - need to split up our offensive, finese defensemen. add a little grit, and a little offense to both lines. sick of watching people dump on us.

2) Stuart-Rafalski - ditto.

3) Ericsson-Lilja - hopefully our top 4 can all play about 25-30 minutes. lilja's been solid. but ericsson freaks me out.

I'm surprised by everyone's comments on Bertuzzi; I think he's been having a decent series so far. He has at least played better than Cleary. I also think Zetterberg and Datsyuk should be put together with Holmstrom. In game one, I thought the best shift of the night was on the 4-on-4 with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and Rafalski. Here are my lines:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom (or you could put Datsyuk as the center, as Z has been terrible on faceoffs)

Franzen-Flip-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Abdelkader-Miller

Draper-Helm-Eaves

If nothing else, put Franzen with Zetterberg. I feel bad for Z; he's so clutch in the playoffs but he doesn't get to play with real top-notch skill (like Datsyuk, Franzen, Lidstrom) for the vast majority of the game.

I wish we didnt have to "try" things down 2-0 but I guess you have to...So putting Dats and Z together is the most logical thing to do, as well as having Bert and Franzen together as well! I aslo want Helm and Abby together while Drapes centers line 4~we need his draw expertice!

Zetterberg~Datsyuk~Holmstrom

Bertuzzi~Flippula~Franzen

Abby~Helm~Cleary

Miller~Draper~Eaves

....could do many things to lines 3 and 4 but we need lines that are hard to play against, and Helm needs a spark so him and Abby running wild would be sick along with the force line 2 would bring! sweet

Wings in 6 :siren: (jk 7)

Guest mjtm77

We do not need new lines coming back to the Joe we played fine last game

Because Zetterberg is getting owned on faceoffs.

We've already given up 2 or 3 goals in this series directly off faceoffs.

This. Zetterberg is losing a majority of his faceoffs and is chasing more often. I don't know what he needs to do to start winning faceoffs, but he better start doing it.

Edited by Broken 16

I think we need these top 2 lines:

Zetterberg Datsyuk Holmstrom

Cleary Filppula Franzen

ZDH can really prove to be a defensive nightmare for Pavelski while the second line can keep Jumbo Joe in check. I think this would be the best setup, especially with home ice advantage we can get the lines we need out there. However, I doubt Babcock will do any of that. Bertuzzi would be out of the mix, and I know Babs will want him in there. I agree that faceoffs have really cost us and we need to find a way to change that.

Guest mjtm77

Zetterberg will have to be better at faceoffs if we want to win this series