KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

Until:

Posted Image

Who else agrees with me?

Edited by KrazyGangsta, 02 May 2010 - 11:38 PM.

#2 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:44 PM

I did too, if there was one team I wanted to win the cup other than the wings it was them (better than the pens/hawks). Not now, I have never seen so much diving in my life. They drop to the ice from any contact. It's not just one player it's all of them. It's to the point where I think todd is telling them to dive.

#3 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:44 PM

What did you respect about them in the first place?

That they are playoff underachievers?

#4 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

What did you respect about them in the first place?

That they are playoff underachievers?

Yes they we're but it was always a team that I wouldn't mind seeing them win the cup, all tho after this year they have disgusted me. Agreed with the poster above also, every play they seem to stumble down.

#5 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

I respect their fan base, especially after dealing with the up-start Coyotes fans that have followed hockey for 2 1/2 weeks. Setoguchi is really the only one that drives me nuts, not just because of powerplay opportunities - but because I can't respect a guy that flops all over the ice.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#6 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

Diving with Sharks, take 2

Posted Image

#7 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

I didn't think they would be a tough opponent for the Wings either. Boy, this is a different Shark team then the past.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#8 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

They do dive, and the reffing did suck. But neither were bad enough that they would have stopped a team that really deserves to win the Cup. And I'm confident that we'll see that version of the Wings back in Detroit.

Oh, and I never respected the Sharks.

#9 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

Wings would be up 2-0 if it wasn't for the refs. This is not a different sharks team.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#10 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

I didn't think they would be a tough opponent for the Wings either. Boy, this is a different Shark team then the past.

I don't want to take anything away from the Sharks, they are playing very good and are a much better team then in the past but the diving needs to stop, it's ridiculous.

3/4 of this team keeps diving.

#11 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:53 PM

I've really been disgusted with the Sharks diving and the no diving calls yet by the refs! It's funny how European's are thought of as divers, and the Sharks are the team in this series with more Canadians.

I'm starting to see a trend in hockey the last few years where the Canadian born hockey players seem to have the least amount of class compared to players born in other countries.

Maybe it's because I'm a Red Wings fan, I don't know, but it seems like Canadians now are the first to whine and complain to the refs, deliver cheap shots and hits from behind, dive, and lose their temper the fastest. The Europeans now seem to be more cool headed under pressure, don't whine as much, don't cheap shot as much, and don't tend to dive as much. They seem to be a more classier bunch.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but if you read my posts around the Olympics, you saw how unimpressed I was with the Canadian Olympic team and I'm Canadian! I saw most of those guys as hot heads, whiners, and cheap shot artists.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#12 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:53 PM

Wings would be up 2-0 if it wasn't for the refs. This is not a different sharks team.

I disagree. First of all, they have better role players, Malhotra. Second, Pavelski is playing great. Props to him. They still have a threat in the Jumbo Joe, and Heatley is always a threat. They are more physical also. They are a better team than last time we played them and they have a great coach.

#13 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:54 PM

Yes they we're but it was always a team that I wouldn't mind seeing them win the cup, all tho after this year they have disgusted me. Agreed with the poster above also, every play they seem to stumble down.

See I don't know about that for me personally. Jumbo Joe has always been a ******. As well as Dan "slewfoot" Boyle. I've never been impressed with Marleau. Ever since the game against Canada I've had no respect for Nabokov. Heatley is just a moron. I mean, they're not the Ducks of the past or the Pens with Cooke and company but there are definitely more teams that I'd like to see win besides the Sharks.

#14 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,336 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#15 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:59 PM

what is the point of this?

im sure sharks fans care when their team is up 2-0

#16 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:11 AM

I went to an AHL playoff game between Chicago and Texas earlier today and the game had 2 different instances where diving was called (Chelios got one of them)
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#17 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:12 AM

I went to an AHL playoff game between Chicago and Texas earlier today and the game had 2 different instances where diving was called (Chelios got one of them)

For some reason, that made me laugh. I miss Chelly.

#18 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:48 AM

See I don't know about that for me personally. Jumbo Joe has always been a ******. As well as Dan "slewfoot" Boyle. I've never been impressed with Marleau. Ever since the game against Canada I've had no respect for Nabokov. Heatley is just a moron. I mean, they're not the Ducks of the past or the Pens with Cooke and company but there are definitely more teams that I'd like to see win besides the Sharks.

The only player they have that's really clicking is Pavalski. As much as the refs are killing us by calling penalties on Shark dives, but in those situations, the refs aren't bring 1 of each to the box when it happens. The diving turns into a Shark power play, which turns into them feeding Pavalski pucks at the point, which results in a goal more than half the time. (I'm not going to get into the 5-on-3, someone already pointed out that Kronner took a legit hook to make it a 2-man advantage.)

I honestly really thought diving was 95% out of hockey. Yes, a goalie may flop. Yes, some hooks are embellished. BUT THAT IS EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. Sorry for the caps, trying to make a point. Until we played this round (I can't remember too much of the regular season meetings between the Sharks and us, so I can say anything about diving there) I thought the refs had a decent season (yuck, I can taste the bile coming up from the beer on that sentence). This serious is an abomination. Atrocious even. The Sharks have being diving continuously and they call Darren Helm in Game 1 on a dive? At least they took both (obstruction/diving). This year's playoff Sharks are sickening to watch (not just as a Red Wings fan, but a hockey purist as well).

#19 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

Posted Image

In other words: "My team dives like Crosby and Forsberg's lovechild but you're a big meanie for pointing it out."

I've really been disgusted with the Sharks diving and the no diving calls yet by the refs! It's funny how European's are thought of as divers, and the Sharks are the team in this series with more Canadians.

I'm starting to see a trend in hockey the last few years where the Canadian born hockey players seem to have the least amount of class compared to players born in other countries.

Maybe it's because I'm a Red Wings fan, I don't know, but it seems like Canadians now are the first to whine and complain to the refs, deliver cheap shots and hits from behind, dive, and lose their temper the fastest. The Europeans now seem to be more cool headed under pressure, don't whine as much, don't cheap shot as much, and don't tend to dive as much. They seem to be a more classier bunch.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but if you read my posts around the Olympics, you saw how unimpressed I was with the Canadian Olympic team and I'm Canadian! I saw most of those guys as hot heads, whiners, and cheap shot artists.

I'd pay $10 to watch you say that to Don Cherry. His reaction would be epic. I assume it'd look like a scene from Scanners.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#20 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:08 AM

Posted Image

Hahaha. Yeah right. If the shoe were on the other foot you'd have the same damn complaints. Only difference is that we Wings fans don't care enough to go on other team's boards.