• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

I Respect-ED The Sharks

Rate this topic

Guest micah

I fault the refs and the Sharks. I have no respect for a team that dives as much as they have...

How much diving is okay by you?

I fault the refs and the Sharks. I have no respect for a team that dives as much as they have and well I never respected NHL officials to begin with.

Because you've never seen a Red Wing trying to sell a call? Howard made a fool out of himself yesterday as much as Nabokov.

There's a way to curb the acting jobs, though. Call the embellishment only and slap the offender with an extra penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. When the goalies do it, make them serve their own penalties and force their team to play a cold backup. I bet it is going to be a while before a goalie tries that again.

How much diving is okay by you?

I know where you are going with this.

Setoguchi got away with multiple flops, same with Nabokov. Vlasic and Nichol sold it hardcore last night to draw penalties. I'm not a big fan of diving regardless, but the Sharks have been overly excessive in the first two games with their routine.

It is a pretty sad way to draw penalties (and win games as a result) and even more pathetic the refs have rewarded them for diving in two straight games.

Because you've never seen a Red Wing trying to sell a call? Howard made a fool out of himself yesterday as much as Nabokov.

There's a way to curb the acting jobs, though. Call the embellishment only and slap the offender with an extra penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. When the goalies do it, make them serve their own penalties and force their team to play a cold backup. I bet it is going to be a while before a goalie tries that again.

I never claimed the Red Wings don't dive. However, I have NEVER witnessed the Red Wings or any team sell as many calls as the Sharks have in these first two games.

Sure, Jimmy flopped but so did Nabokov twice and which team got penalized for it and which didn't? I don't care if they don't get Nabokov for diving in that case, but you sure as hell better whistle the Sharks for goaltender interference if you set the precedent earlier with the Bertuzzi call.

The Red Wings have never put together two consecutive games of blatant, over-the-top diving to draw penalties. Hell, maybe they should now since it has worked to perfection for the Sharks.

Guest micah

I know where you are going with this.

Setoguchi got away with multiple flops, same with Nabokov. Vlasic and Nichol sold it hardcore last night to draw penalties. I'm not a big fan of diving regardless, but the Sharks have been overly excessive in the first two games with their routine.

It is a pretty sad way to draw penalties (and win games as a result) and even more pathetic the refs have rewarded them for diving in two straight games.

I wasn't really going anywhere with it, I just thought that "dives as much as they have" was strangely phrased. I suspect that almost all hockey fans are opposed to diving and embelishing every time, regardless of culprit or game situation. I know I am. I certainly didn't mean to imply thatthe sharks were not guilty of some horrendous dives in game 2 - clearly more than the Wings - I wasn't. that said, I wouldn't be happy ifthe sharks came out for game 3 resolved to "dive less". I want zero tollerance on dives.

I'd like it if every player and every fan mocked every diver so bad that they started listening to the Smiths to cheer up, teammate or not - for the good of the game.

Edited by micah

I wasn't really going anywhere with it, I just thought that "dives as much as they have" was strangely phrased. I suspect that almost all hockey fans are opposed to diving and embelishing every time, regardless of culprit or game situation. I know I am. I certainly didn't mean to imply thatthe sharks were not guilty of some horrendous dives in game 2 - clearly more than the Wings - I wasn't. that said, I wouldn't be happy ifthe sharks came out for game 3 resolved to "dive less". I want zero tollerance on dives.

I'd like it if every player and every fan mocked every diver so bad that they started listening to the Smiths to cheer, teammate or not - for the good of the game.

Fair enough and very vaild points. Diving doesn't belong the game at all, and honestly one call against the Sharks in the first two games would have stopped it. Why not keep selling calls if the officials are letting you get away with it?

I expect the refs to do a poor job. I am just very surprised at the Sharks coming out in this series and diving so much. It has completely dictated the outcome of the first two games in their favor.

Guest micah

Fair enough and very vaild points. Diving doesn't belong the game at all, and honestly one call against the Sharks in the first two games would have stopped it. Why not keep selling calls if the officials are letting you get away with it?

I expect the refs to do a poor job. I am just very surprised at the Sharks coming out in this series and diving so much. It has completely dictated the outcome of the first two games in their favor.

I suspect that the refs will be watching the dives a bit more closely in game 3, I hope so anyway. I don't really blame them for not calling the dives, as they happen fast and savy divers know when they can get away with it and when they can't, but I'd prefer to see refs call no penalty whatsoever unless they're absolutley positive of what they saw. A guy falls down and it looks like he was tripped? No call. Let them play. If you didn't see the other player's stick clearly and purposefuly getting in between the guy's legs causing the fall, let it go. 10 non-cals are better than one penalty that shouldn't have been, at least to me.

Agreed, I would be upset if the refs decided to clamp down on the diving in Game 3, after a team is down 2-0, because it should have been dealt with at the beginning of Game 2.

I agree with this. The Sharks aren't usually divers at all. But When Seto dove in game and the refs didn't call it, the Sharks will dive until they get called. THe refs hasn't called anything, so they will keep diving unitl they get called. The only diver we have is Nabokov, he is a pretty damn good diver, and he proved it last night.

Guest scottj

tell those ******* on the sharks that there's always soccer

... maybe we should try punching pavelski right in the head every time we come in contact with him until we get caught... then if the sharks fans say something about it we can just say that they're a bunch of whiners!

I agree with this. The Sharks aren't usually divers at all. But When Seto dove in game and the refs didn't call it, the Sharks will dive until they get called. THe refs hasn't called anything, so they will keep diving unitl they get called. The only diver we have is Nabokov, he is a pretty damn good diver, and he proved it last night.

Thanks for being reasonable and considerate given the outrage most of us here are feeling today.

Guest scottj

in other words, you guys are hating the sharks for doing whatever it takes to win.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! YOU'RE GOOD!...

:rolleyes:

in other words, you guys are hating the sharks for doing whatever it takes to win.

Hey, just think about it... they could have been diving for years in the playoffs instead of choking all this time!

I would be almost embarrassed if my team got handed a game to them in the playoffs like last night.

I've really been disgusted with the Sharks diving and the no diving calls yet by the refs! It's funny how European's are thought of as divers, and the Sharks are the team in this series with more Canadians.

I'm starting to see a trend in hockey the last few years where the Canadian born hockey players seem to have the least amount of class compared to players born in other countries.

Maybe it's because I'm a Red Wings fan, I don't know, but it seems like Canadians now are the first to whine and complain to the refs, deliver cheap shots and hits from behind, dive, and lose their temper the fastest. The Europeans now seem to be more cool headed under pressure, don't whine as much, don't cheap shot as much, and don't tend to dive as much. They seem to be a more classier bunch.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but if you read my posts around the Olympics, you saw how unimpressed I was with the Canadian Olympic team and I'm Canadian! I saw most of those guys as hot heads, whiners, and cheap shot artists.

It's an easy fix and it comes down to leadership. The organization and especially the coach need to snuff this crap out. It is cheapening the game of hockey and its hard to watch.

Thanks for being reasonable and considerate given the outrage most of us here are feeling today.

Yeah for sure, I understand. We as fans had the same frusration in past playoff series, in 06,08,09. Its pretty frusrating.

If your a Sharks fan, just stop. It was pretty bad last night, the refs were at least.

Trying to win like that comes back to haunt you.

Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess...

tell those ******* on the sharks that there's always soccer

... maybe we should try punching pavelski right in the head every time we come in contact with him until we get caught... then if the sharks fans say something about it we can just say that they're a bunch of whiners!

Remember Clowe skates with Pavelski, and Clowe has been known to get a little unstable emotionally. Not a good idea.

Hey, just think about it... they could have been diving for years in the playoffs instead of choking all this time!

I would be almost embarrassed if my team got handed a game to them in the playoffs like last night.

Given the s***ty officiating last night, I think it was smart hockey. Both teams acknowledged that in games like last night, you cannot give the refs a reason to make a call. At the speed these guy's are moving, if a player get his stick up and around an opposing player, and that player falls/dives he is going to get nicked. ***** all you want, but hooking is a penalty. If the opposing player has such superior position on you that you need to use your stick to try to stay in the play, who are you going to blame?

I just don't understand where you guys are going with all this?

Shark fans are feeling so confident right now.

Not most. Maybe the band wagon fans, but the true fans know we still have two wins to win. Which is going to be the hardest. Most Shark fans I have talked too, think the series will be tied going to game 5. Maybe the Shark fans you have talked too are overly confident, but i'm not.

Guest scottj

I just don't understand where you guys are going with all this?

seriously?... I went to the sharks board and from what I read, a bunch of people think that the bad calls went both ways evenly

are sharks fans really that biased? I mean come on... it's okay, wings get lucky calls sometimes too. we just don't act like it never happened when it does