• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Dynasty

Game 3 Officiating

Rate this topic

If reffing can fixed while Bettman was affiliated (third in command, also involved with marketing) with the NBA, what surprises everyone that it can be done with him being the commissioner in the NHL? The guy is a piece of dook. He is making bank while he can here in the NHL.

The calls were extremely lopsided in game 2; almost a full period of PP for SJ. It was shocking to see the Wings get a full power-play that game. No way you can win a game in that situation, unless the other team has a really s***ty PP. It was like the refs had a magnifying glass on everything the Wings did, but turned a blind-eye to many of SJ infractions. To me, this made the game unwatchable. I have even talked to some SJ fans that even thought the reffing was garbage. Oh well, hopefully the Wings can overcome this s*** reffing (as usual) and come out on top next game :D.

Reason for editing: Bettman was third in command with NBA.

Edited by bd2988

If reffing can be fixed when Bettman was the commissioner of the NBA,

Bettman was never commissioner of the NBA. He was senior VP and general counsel for the NBA, but he never ran the league. David Stern has been the commish since 1984.

I just wish the refs would call the game fair. I didn't have time to read over many posts but, the refs were FOR SURE calling bulls*** penalty on detroit. Some were BS, some weren't. That slash by cleary, that was a good call, but the hook that was called on kron. That was bs if I can remember it correctly. I guess the refs knew they were messing up, so they ATTEMPTED to even it out by giving Healthy that BS goalie interference call.

Bettman was never commissioner of the NBA. He was senior VP and general counsel for the NBA, but he never ran the league. David Stern has been the commish since 1984.

Misinformation on my part, my bad. Third in command. I'll edit that post.

Edited by bd2988

*Some* of the Wings' game 2 penalties were deserved, however, stuff isn't getting called both ways and San Jose is also be rewarded for constant diving.

We deserved to lose Game 1, but Game 2 could have been ours if it was called evenly. I have no idea why the calls were so lop-sided.

absolutely there has been lots of diving. setoguchi and nabokov have officially been passed the torch from the limp wrist of the divealanche.

if the diving penalties are called instead of the bulls*** calls on the wings, this series is 2-0 wings. plain and simple.

I don't want a well-officated game on Tuesday. Screw that - I want ten powerplays for the Red Wings and some calls against the Sharks at the worst time, preferably diving at least five times. I'm bitter, I want some justice for the worst officiated hockey game I can remember.

Unless the ref rocks a stache and number 7, I don't trust any of these other tools for a second.

When you have no idea what to expect from the officiating from one game to the next something is seriously wrong!!!

This is the current state of hockey. It is very sad.

Other sports have intelligent enough people in control who make changes, improve the integrity of the sport and appease the fans.

But hockey is full of morons in control who only care about selling tickets and not improving the integrity of the game.

The only way fans can fight back is to stop supporting this nonsense. I, for one, will cancel my DirecTV package that includes Versus and cancel my NHL Center Ice subscription for next year. And when the NHL decides to improve the integrity of the game I will return. It can be something as simple as reviewing the penalties. An average game has about 6 penalties. With today's TV technology and with having a ref in the booth penalties can be reviewed in less than a minute. It is worth spending an extra 6 minutes watching a game if it is judge fairly and evenly. It would eliminate ALL this nonsense.

Listening to 97.1 on my way home from class, and they are saying that the NHL is reviewing the tape of game two closely today for officiating stuff. Could this mean that a positive change could be made for game three on out? Could they finally notice Seto and Co. diving and start calling it?

All I can say is if the officiating doesn't improve tremendously for tomorrows game after taking today to review the tape(s) then this league is in fact a joke.

Listening to 97.1 on my way home from class, and they are saying that the NHL is reviewing the tape of game two closely today for officiating stuff. Could this mean that a positive change could be made for game three on out? Could they finally notice Seto and Co. diving and start calling it?

It's a little late for them to be getting on the ball about this. No amount of reviewing is going to reverse a 2-0 series hole. The games were close enough where the Wings could have lost even without all the penalties and nonsense; it's a real tightrope they're going to have to walk to get this series at even. But I do hope they tighten up the officiating, every little bit helps.

Food for thought, comments from one of the tin foil hat wearers:

"Remember the NBA ref who confessed to fixing games? He also acknowledged the league's (Bettman at the time) involvement in helping to make sure it gets the outcomes it desires for TV ratings, franchise help, merch sales, etc. He claimed on 60 Minutes he could predict the outcome of a game 80% of the time just by reading the pre-game league memo to the officials"

Mlive column

Just sayin'...

esteef

It would make absolutely no sense for the NHL to screw one of its biggest hockey markets out of success.

They are a business, no one is that stupid.

So what if the refs make it one sided in the Red Wings favor for Games 3 and 4 and the Wings end up winning? How would you guys feel about that?

I'm not really sure what is fair and what isn't these days but I wouldn't feel right about it. I mean, really, what the hell is going on here with the game of hockey? What has happened to my skoooo? (+1 if you get the reference).

I'd feel content.

Eye for an eye.

In fact I'm expecting it, and if it doesn't happen I'll go to Don Corleone for justice.

So what if the refs make it one sided in the Red Wings favor for Games 3 and 4 and the Wings end up winning? How would you guys feel about that?

I'm not really sure what is fair and what isn't these days but I wouldn't feel right about it. I mean, really, what the hell is going on here with the game of hockey? What has happened to my skoooo? (+1 if you get the reference).

Don't do us any favours. Fact of the matter is when they've tilted the series into a 2 games to none advantage to one team, any makeup calls can NEVER have the same effect. The damage is done and me personally I am very nearly approaching my end with the NHL in this guise. From Betteman to Colin Campbell to the referees. It has no integrity, and no professionalism anymore.

Back in the day infamous calls or non calls like the 1993

on Gretzky would live in infamy for years and years. These days it seems there are so damn many every playoffs we can't even keep track of them.

I'd feel content.

Eye for an eye.

In fact I'm expecting it, and if it doesn't happen I'll go to Don Corleone for justice.

You got a horse picked out? Hopefully, it's an old one anyways and not anybody's prized nag. :ph34r:

If the calls can be at 3-4 for each team, we're going to be fine. 5on5 we've been the better team, got the better chances, and scored more goals. The last time San Jose had a 2-0 lead in a series was 2006 against Edmonton... they lost in 6 games. If the officials dont dictate games, this is still a series.