• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

Listening to 97.1 on my way home from class, and they are saying that the NHL is reviewing the tape of game two closely today for officiating stuff. Could this mean that a positive change could be made for game three on out? Could they finally notice Seto and Co. diving and start calling it?

It's a little late for them to be getting on the ball about this. No amount of reviewing is going to reverse a 2-0 series hole. The games were close enough where the Wings could have lost even without all the penalties and nonsense; it's a real tightrope they're going to have to walk to get this series at even. But I do hope they tighten up the officiating, every little bit helps.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#42 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

Food for thought, comments from one of the tin foil hat wearers:

"Remember the NBA ref who confessed to fixing games? He also acknowledged the league's (Bettman at the time) involvement in helping to make sure it gets the outcomes it desires for TV ratings, franchise help, merch sales, etc. He claimed on 60 Minutes he could predict the outcome of a game 80% of the time just by reading the pre-game league memo to the officials"

Mlive column

Just sayin'...
esteef

It would make absolutely no sense for the NHL to screw one of its biggest hockey markets out of success.

They are a business, no one is that stupid.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#43 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

So what if the refs make it one sided in the Red Wings favor for Games 3 and 4 and the Wings end up winning? How would you guys feel about that?

I'm not really sure what is fair and what isn't these days but I wouldn't feel right about it. I mean, really, what the hell is going on here with the game of hockey? What has happened to my skoooo? (+1 if you get the reference).

I'd feel content.

Eye for an eye.

In fact I'm expecting it, and if it doesn't happen I'll go to Don Corleone for justice.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#44 TimmyJoMoFo

TimmyJoMoFo

AF Wings Fan

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

http://freep.com/art...reviewed-Game-2

NHL's director of officiating reviewed Game 2.

#45 T.OWingsFan

T.OWingsFan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

So what if the refs make it one sided in the Red Wings favor for Games 3 and 4 and the Wings end up winning? How would you guys feel about that?

I'm not really sure what is fair and what isn't these days but I wouldn't feel right about it. I mean, really, what the hell is going on here with the game of hockey? What has happened to my skoooo? (+1 if you get the reference).

Don't do us any favours. Fact of the matter is when they've tilted the series into a 2 games to none advantage to one team, any makeup calls can NEVER have the same effect. The damage is done and me personally I am very nearly approaching my end with the NHL in this guise. From Betteman to Colin Campbell to the referees. It has no integrity, and no professionalism anymore.

Back in the day infamous calls or non calls like the 1993 Kerry Fraser highsticking non call on Gretzky would live in infamy for years and years. These days it seems there are so damn many every playoffs we can't even keep track of them.

#46 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

I love it how they never say the answer, they just rephrase it so its nearly impossible to know what they mean!

#47 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

I'd feel content.

Eye for an eye.

In fact I'm expecting it, and if it doesn't happen I'll go to Don Corleone for justice.

You got a horse picked out? Hopefully, it's an old one anyways and not anybody's prized nag. :ph34r:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#48 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

Now we can all sleep better knowing that Mr. McGeough is in charge. Last time I saw Mr. McGeough he was that little animated old man that can't see. :scared:

Posted Image

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 03 May 2010 - 05:18 PM.

#49 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

Here's a Freep article about the game. I LIKE it. And yes, it's biased, but factual.

http://freep.com/art...0/1051/SPORTS03

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#50 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:19 PM

If the calls can be at 3-4 for each team, we're going to be fine. 5on5 we've been the better team, got the better chances, and scored more goals. The last time San Jose had a 2-0 lead in a series was 2006 against Edmonton... they lost in 6 games. If the officials dont dictate games, this is still a series.

#NOMOREKINDL

#51 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:19 PM

I would be fine with it. The refs owe Detroit at least one.

Yeah, seems it would even up the series which is exactly what should be anyway.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#52 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

"HOLDING?!"
"Wow, really?"

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Except the second thing was like when you see something that shouldn't exist in our universe (like a Mariah Carey movie) and you say "WOW, really?!

I HAD to give you a +1 for that.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 03 May 2010 - 05:30 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#53 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

Here's a Freep article about the game. I LIKE it. And yes, it's biased, but factual.

http://freep.com/art...0/1051/SPORTS03

"Any more of this and the Sharks won't even have to bother diving anymore." :lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#54 teef

teef

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

i'm not sure about all the whining and crying going on in this thread. do you guys seriously think you got robbed by the refs? all i hear is complaints about non calls for diving. i haven't read a single legit post about how the refs made a bad call, missed a call or made a non call on the sharks. if anything, they were calling the sharks tighter than the wings to keep the disparity between the numbers more even. the truth is that the refs set the tone of the game with the slashing call on heatley, reinforced the rules with the two calls on big bird and clearly stated the nothing was going to be tolerated when they called boarding on marleau at the end of the first. the sharks realized this and adjusted their game while the wings didn't and went on to commit seven more penalties.

and what does your diving argument really do for the outcome of the games? if it's a dive, then there must have been a wing committing a penalty so the best case scenario would be offsetting minors. and don't be surprised if the refs call a diving penalty on the wings tomorrow just for all the whining they have been doing.

personally, i hope (and i wouldn't be surprised) that the refs call a game for the wings in game 3 or 4. all it's really going to do is expose the real problem for the wings in the series and that is their suspect special teams play.
Your signature may contain:
  • Any number images
  • Images of any size
  • Any number of URLs
  • Any number of lines

#55 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

i'm not sure about all the whining and crying going on in this thread. do you guys seriously think you got robbed by the refs? all i hear is complaints about non calls for diving. i haven't read a single legit post about how the refs made a bad call, missed a call or made a non call on the sharks. if anything, they were calling the sharks tighter than the wings to keep the disparity between the numbers more even. the truth is that the refs set the tone of the game with the slashing call on heatley, reinforced the rules with the two calls on big bird and clearly stated the nothing was going to be tolerated when they called boarding on marleau at the end of the first. the sharks realized this and adjusted their game while the wings didn't and went on to commit seven more penalties.

and what does your diving argument really do for the outcome of the games? if it's a dive, then there must have been a wing committing a penalty so the best case scenario would be offsetting minors. and don't be surprised if the refs call a diving penalty on the wings tomorrow just for all the whining they have been doing.

personally, i hope (and i wouldn't be surprised) that the refs call a game for the wings in game 3 or 4. all it's really going to do is expose the real problem for the wings in the series and that is their suspect special teams play.

wings have scored 2 goals on the power play

sharks have scored 4 and 2 have been on 5 on 3's, with probably close to 3 times as many man advantages

yes, real "suspect"

Posted Image

#56 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:01 PM

Oh golly gee, a Sharks fan just had to come here and tell us all how wrong we are. Whatever would we do without your stunning insight.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#57 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

Shut the f*** up Missed two highsticks and bert got called for skating by the goalie and Abby got called he did not do any thing. in the first game they called franzen for tripping
when his face was cut open. refs were fair

Edited by mjtm77, 03 May 2010 - 06:14 PM.

Posted Image

#58 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

There is every reason to believe that the "conspiracy" or "bias" against Detroit is a series of painful coincidences connected, and amplified, by a minority of Red Wings fans who wear institutional scheming like a warm blanket to shelter them from Detroit's occasional failures as a team.

The officiating Sunday night was atrocious. It was unforgiveable. There have been a few instances in these playoffs in which the referees seemed as though they were getting paid by the ill-conceived penalty, and last night was one of them. Ten power plays for the San Jose Sharks in their 4-3 victory, and four for the Wings. It was an embarrassment.

Puck Daddy knows whats up..

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct, 03 May 2010 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image

#59 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

I'm waiting for the Sharks fan to explain how the Wings have "suspect" special teams, when the Sharks only have two more power play goals then us with over twice as many chances.

*yawns*...

Posted Image

#60 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

Your an embarrassment to other shark fans. Seriously you cant seriously acknowledge that the Wings got hosed at least once, and one could make the argument for both games. Sure the Sharks had some calls go against them, but nothing compared to the Wings.The sharks are diving the wings have not and if I was a betting man the second that the wings do they will get an embelishing call.... mark it down
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!