• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

high_stick69

high stick to Jimmy Howard's face

Rate this topic

I was at the game last night and they don't show replays of anything but Sharks highlights. I remember seeing Howard get sticked in the face in the 2nd period, and they called nothing. What was the deal with that? Bad non call?

You should have heard the Sharks fans yelling during the national anthem. It showed very little class and I was embarrassed for them.

Guest mindfly

A bit of embellish from Howard.. was not much but there was contact for sure.

High sticking incidents get missed all the time, while difficult to understand coming from a fan's perspective that has the benefit of several replays, I can understand why they tend to get missed in real time.

Watching the Mtl vs. Pit game on Friday night, Crosby took a high stick that went uncalled as well, he ended up leaving the game for several minutes to get stitches.

I wouldn't be surprised if you randomly decided to review tape from any game and ended up finding 2 or 3 high sticks that end up getting missed.

Yeah from the replays the Shark's player look to have his stick on the ice, I am pretty sure Howard got hit by a teammates stick. Could be wrong though!

At the time when I saw it, I thought it was another obvious missed call, but after seeing the replay, it looked like the Shark's player had his stick trapped around Jimmy's abdomen, and it looked like a teammate's stick (I thought it was Stuart) that got him in the face.

I agree with the others. At first I was like WTF, but based off of the one s***ty replay that s***ty Versus showed (Versus blows wild donkey balls) it looked like it may have been friendly fire.

I agree with the others. At first I was like WTF, but based off of the one s***ty replay that s***ty Versus showed (Versus blows wild donkey balls) it looked like it may have been friendly fire.

speaking of replays, i think versus only showed replays of 2 penalties that were called. they knew there were a lot of bad calls and decided it would be against their better judgement to show them :o

speaking of replays, i think versus only showed replays of 2 penalties that were called. they knew there were a lot of bad calls and decided it would be against their better judgement to show them :o

I also noticed that. One of the reasons I hate Versus. Sometimes they don't even tell you what the penalty was, you just have to try to over here the PA system or look it up online. I think they must use their MMA announcers as hockey announcers too or something...

Ok who is officially on our s*** list as far as referees go?

We gots O'Halloran, LaRue, Watson. Who else?

Mike Leggo is the ref that overruled the closer ref's no-goal call when he thought Ott's shootout attempt was over the line, causing the "inconclusive" video evidence to fall back to a good goal. That's only one regular season game, but I was pretty mad at him.

That was the same game where there were multiple high sticks right in front of the refs, and obvious goaltender interference on the Stars' tying goal.

Edited by Datsyuk Fan

Guest Lidstromboli

this thread was made by someone with the username "high_stick69"

:blink:

I wouldnt call it a dive by a long shot because he was hit in the face and probably scared him a little lol (that s***s lowder then it looks in there) so that also caused him to fall back like that but WHATEVER make the ******* CALL ref!!! seriously those calls were bulls***, usually the next day I calm down but these 2 games HAVE BEEN BULLs*** for sure. This past game it wasnt even the calls but the ******* timing that actually made me want to puke. Its ******* Disgusting and emabarrassing, f*** you Bettman :!:

Guest mjtm77

It is cause bert got called for goalie interference for not touching the goalie and playing by the rules

I wouldnt call it a dive by a long shot because he was hit in the face and probably scared him a little lol (that s***s lowder then it looks in there) so that also caused him to fall back like that but WHATEVER make the ******* CALL ref!!! seriously those calls were bulls***, usually the next day I calm down but these 2 games HAVE BEEN BULLs*** for sure. This past game it wasnt even the calls but the ******* timing that actually made me want to puke. Its ******* Disgusting and emabarrassing, f*** you Bettman :!:

I share your general anger at the officiating (although this particular event wasn't a missed call), but what the hell does Bettman have to do with this? Incompetent officiating is one thing, league wide conspiracies are quite another. (HINT: The former exists, the latter does not)

I share your general anger at the officiating (although this particular event wasn't a missed call), but what the hell does Bettman have to do with this? Incompetent officiating is one thing, league wide conspiracies are quite another. (HINT: The former exists, the latter does not)

As the commissioner, Bettman is at least partially responsible for ensuring the quality of the officials and the integrity of the game.

Mike Leggo is the ref that overruled the closer ref's no-goal call when he thought Ott's shootout attempt was over the line, causing the "inconclusive" video evidence to fall back to a good goal. That's only one regular season game, but I was pretty mad at him.

That was the same game where there were multiple high sticks right in front of the refs, and obvious goaltender interference on the Stars' tying goal.

Actually, I think they went with the call of the linesman on that one.

Actually, I think they went with the call of the linesman on that one.

I think I read it was Leggo and one of the linesmen. Regardless, I don't really think that one call puts him on the level of O'Halloran, LaRue, and Watson. I was just throwing him out there.

As the commissioner, Bettman is at least partially responsible for ensuring the quality of the officials and the integrity of the game.

Yes, you're right. I now blame Obama for that horribly slow line at the DMV I had to endure last week. I stand corrected.

Yes, you're right. I now blame Obama for that horribly slow line at the DMV I had to endure last week. I stand corrected.

I know there's no conspiracy and I know that the bad call weren't directly Bettman's fault. But part of the commissioner's job is "...protecting the integrity of the game of professional hockey and preserving public confidence in the League." (from the NHL constitution). He's also responsible for selecting the officials and establish policies for interpreting and enforcing the rules.

If you replace Obama with the Secretary of State (or whoever is in charge of the DMV in your state), your analogy would be more correct, and yes, you could (partially) blame him/her for the horribly slow lines.

Basically, what I'm saying is that when someone says, "f*** you Bettman", that doesn't imply that there's a league-wide conspiracy to screw over the Red Wings (that would be stupid), it just means that he needs to do a better job at handling the league and the quality of the officiating.