• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

Is Zetterberg Hurt?

Rate this topic

As you can see from my handle, I am a huge Z fan. Despite saying that, he has been really struggling this series and I cant remember a time I watched Hank and though he looked "bad"- No points, Cant win a face off...but even more disturbing are his turnovers and errant passes.

Mlve reported that he was limping after Game 2 and had ice on his leg. Do you feel that Hank has been playing hurt or is he just "off his game" There are a lot of guys that don't seem to be playoff guys...Hank isnt that guy- he gets better in the playoffs and he was a stud in round 1. So I ask...whats wrong with Hank?

Someone said something about a strained calf muscle or something like that. Z himself said "it's no big deal" but we've all heard that one before. He can't admit it to himself yet because this is the time where players have to trick themselves to keep going but as a fan you watch him out there and you just know he's hurt.

It happens when the first round team comes in gunning for the body. To me, Hank seems like he's having trouble reaching for the puck when it's out ahead of him. Maybe a back thing? Keep an eye out for it.

Is it possible that Datsyuk has looked SO good that he's making Hank look bad? Maybe Hank is playing average but we wouldn't really know because Pavel has been beasting.

:lol: :lol:

No but seriously, he does look a little shook up for some reason. I think once he pots one, it'll snow ball from there.

It would explain the past 2 games. The Wings chip it in and he goes after it. But that's it. No epic scoring chances or anything. Some of the these guys would play with a broken leg if they could. Playoffs, man.

I heard that Ericsson has been playing with a concussion all year.

Nice. :P

Z definitely doesn't look his normal self. And as someone mentioned, neither does Mule. Somethings up, hopefully not much :unsure:

I can give you two reasons for that...

3139802023_093a831ba3.jpg

Todd_Bertuzzi.jpg

I'll give you Flip but come on, Bert? I admit he's been a bit ineffective this playoff run, but he's not to blame for Z's terrible faceoff record.

I hope it wasn't that trip by Yandle that has caused this little slump. He hasn't posted a point since that play.

The faceoff losses are the give away that he is hurt though. Just not enough strength to win any.

Z definitely doesn't look his normal self. And as someone mentioned, neither does Mule. Somethings up, hopefully not much :unsure:

I'll give you Flip but come on, Bert? I admit he's been a bit ineffective this playoff run, but he's not to blame for Z's terrible faceoff record.

I dont recall anyone throwing Flip or Bert under a bus in round one...thats why I think Zetty's hurt. Its not just in the offensive zone, but the neutral zone as well...and BTW, Flip has worked his ass off. He plays hard every shift. every game. Just sayin'

I love how when a player underachieves people jump to conclusions that they are injured.

I dont think a report saying that Hank was obviously limping after the game is jumping to conclusions. In fact, its the exact opposite.