• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

If the wings gets Eliminated by the Sharks....

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

If the wings' gets eliminated by the sharks are you going to follow every other series with much interest and enthusiasm?

Personally I think I couldn't watch any more, would feel too angry and s*** and it's not worth staying up til early morning to watch a team you're not supporting, I feel like I will need a break just like the wings do, too...

What will you do?

If the wings' gets eliminated by the sharks are you going to follow every other series with much interest and enthusiasm?

No, I won't watch "with as much interest and enthusiasm," but I will definitely still watch with interest and enthusiasm. It will hurt like hell, but I love playoff hockey, and that won't end if the Wings bow out.

No, I won't watch "with as much interest and enthusiasm," but I will definitely still watch with interest and enthusiasm. It will hurt like hell, but I love playoff hockey, and that won't end if the Wings bow out.

I'm the same way. Tonight, I am having a Pens and a CBJ fan over to watch the Boston v. Philly game. While I love the Wings, I also love hockey in general.

still gonna watch the rest of the series/playoffs, still gonna watch next season (and every season after) with enthusiasm (i always hear deniro as capone when i use that word!).

wings are my team, but i am a fan of the sport. the league is in my doghouse today, but show me a better sport out there!

Probably not. Other than maybe Vancouver I don't really like watching any of the other teams left.

You have the Sharks and the Habs' Lapierre diving, Kane blatantly cherry picking, Alex Burrows, Chara underachieving, Flyers in the penalty box and Matt Cooke's knee on knee special recipe. All stuff I'd rather hear about from a headline rather than spend hours watching.

Based on the way you phrased it, no, not as enthuisastic, but I will still watch for sure, I'm a hockey fan. I live in Toronto and often hear that there are a lot of Leaf fans around, but not necessarily a lot of hockey fans. Funny statement, could be true, not really sure. In any event, Leaf part aside, I'm not included in that bucket of being a fan of a particular team, but not necessarily the sport as a whole.

That said, I may not put every effort into staying up late watching Sharks games.....although, I likely will if it's the finals.

I will certainly watch and, if they are still in it, I will root for Vancouver.

Otherwise, I will just watch for the sake of watching because it's hockey and I love hockey.

My heart will not be in it, and that may be good for my central nervous system and digestive system.

I'd watch, just to make sure one of San Jose/Chicago/Pittsburgh didn't win the Cup.

Any other team and i'm okay.

EDIT: actually i lied i forgot i have money on San Jose to win the Cup. Hopefully Vancouver makes the WCF and knocks them out cuz i have money on them too at better odds :D

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct

I'd watch. I wouldn't catch every game, sure, but I'd like to see Hossa finally win a Cup. I'd rather see that than Pittsburgh anywhere near the treasure again. I think Boston's going to take it to them though. I predict a Vancouver/Chicago vs Boston SCF if the Wings are donezo come the end of this round.

I don't usually follow as closely. I will definitely root against the Pens (or any other team that has eliminated the Wings in recent history) and any Canadian team. That's my formula.

Well yea! Wings fan first and Hockey fan second! Always watch the playoffs. If the Sharks beat us then i would root for them to win the cup unless it's against a canadian team! So if it's sharks and nucks in the west conference finals then im rooting for the Caunucks! But if the Sharks play the Blackhawks then im rooting for the Sharks! And in the East it's all montreal baby! Go Habs Go!! :thumbup:

Yeah. Gotta get ny hockey fix before the season is completely over. Would definitely prefer it to be the Wings...but its a long drought til October.

- i'll find out the scores of the late night games the next day

- i'll cheer for a west coast team if the pens go to the finals

- my friends wont have to work around a wings schedual

it's the playoffs baby! the best hockey all year.

i try to watch as many games i can, wings or not. its entertaining and i love hockey. i will not quit watching if the wings lose. I might take a couple of days break, just to avoid all the pictures/videos of the wing loss (i hate that) but when the dust has settled i will continue watching other series :)

Guest Lidstromboli

no "when" mindfly? i'm disappointed in you. you're slacking

Not really, no. I'm a Wings fan and if they're no longer in the playoffs, the playoffs have no interest for me. That being said, I will hope and pray that the Pens get knocked out before the Cup finals or eventually lose the Cup finals, so I will be following whatever team they play in the hopes they beat them.

I would still follow the playoffs, although I would be bitter, angry, and cynical and would be most likely cheering for the teams I don't like to fail. (Chicago, Pittsburgh) I wouldn't go out of my way to watch any games (no staying up to catch West Coast games) and I actually probably wouldn't start watching a series until it got to an elimination-game stage. Thats what I did in '06.