Photo
- - - - -

If the wings gets Eliminated by the Sharks....

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

no "when" mindfly? i'm disappointed in you. you're slacking

Posted Image

#22 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

I don't usually follow as closely. I will definitely root against the Pens (or any other team that has eliminated the Wings in recent history) and any Canadian team. That's my formula.

:lol: Ditto!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#23 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

Not really, no. I'm a Wings fan and if they're no longer in the playoffs, the playoffs have no interest for me. That being said, I will hope and pray that the Pens get knocked out before the Cup finals or eventually lose the Cup finals, so I will be following whatever team they play in the hopes they beat them.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#24 kmac

kmac

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:19 PM

I would still follow the playoffs, although I would be bitter, angry, and cynical and would be most likely cheering for the teams I don't like to fail. (Chicago, Pittsburgh) I wouldn't go out of my way to watch any games (no staying up to catch West Coast games) and I actually probably wouldn't start watching a series until it got to an elimination-game stage. Thats what I did in '06.

#25 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

Considering that my main job responsibility is to monitor the live feeds on GameCenter, yes I will keep watching, I just won't care anymore.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#26 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

I'd probably root for the Pens. They like Detroit, know what it takes to win, and Crosby is amazing to watch. I know he and the pens hurt us, i got it firsthand. I flew to Detroit for game 5 in 08, and it came crashing down in seconds and hours (crazy s***). but I have respect for the team now through everything then I do for any of the other teams remaining. Also I want revenge more then anything, and thats another reason why Im rooting for the Pens to make it back.

#27 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Ill still watch but i will be pissed and for some reason I think we are going to loose
Posted Image

#28 teef

teef

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:56 PM

i guess i'm really not surprised by the amount of fans replying here saying they won't continue to watch. the wings do have more bandwagon fans then just about any team outside toronto. [/jab @ wings fans]

i'll keep watching regardless of who wins the series. i'm a sharks fan above all other teams, but i still am a hockey fan. and there isn't anything in sports on this planet that resembles nhl playoff hockey.
Your signature may contain:
  • Any number images
  • Images of any size
  • Any number of URLs
  • Any number of lines

#29 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

i'm a wings fan but i don't like hockey :paperbag3:

Posted Image

#30 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

i guess i'm really not surprised by the amount of fans replying here saying they won't continue to watch. the wings do have more bandwagon fans then just about any team outside toronto. [/jab @ wings fans]

So you signed up here just to spew that? Awesome. I bet all your friends at the Sharks message board think you're totally rad now.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#31 teef

teef

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

So you signed up here just to spew that? Awesome. I bet all your friends at the Sharks message board think you're totally rad now.

i guess your sarcasm detector is off, or you just didn't read the [/jab @ wings fans] part of the post. how about next time i'll use blue italics to make the sarcasm more detectable?
Your signature may contain:
  • Any number images
  • Images of any size
  • Any number of URLs
  • Any number of lines

#32 Weaksauce

Weaksauce

I love cup.

• 40 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

If Bettman thinks I'm going to watch a team flop their way to hoisting a Cup, he is sadly mistaken.

#33 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

i guess your sarcasm detector is off, or you just didn't read the [/jab @ wings fans] part of the post. how about next time i'll use blue italics to make the sarcasm more detectable?

Blue italics? Don't insult my intelligence.

Lavender will suffice.

#34 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

I hate this thread more than I hate Sidney Crosby.

Ok ... as much as I hate Sidney Crosby.

Ok ... not nearly as much as I hate Sidney Crosby. But a lot.

#35 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

nope. uninterested in any other teams. plus the refereeing this post season makes me really uninterested. ill be surprised if i watch the wings next game

#36 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:11 PM

I hate this thread more than I hate Sidney Crosby.

Ok ... as much as I hate Sidney Crosby.

Ok ... not nearly as much as I hate Sidney Crosby. But a lot.

Erhm, care to elaborate on that? :huh:

#37 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

Erhm, care to elaborate on that? :huh:

What will I do for the rest of the playoffs if the Wings get eliminated in Round 2? Uh ... I'd prefer not to plan for that possibility.

#38 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

:lol: Ditto!

esteef

Wasn't that Ducks/Sens finals just a brutal year?!

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#39 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

I will continue to watch the playoffs. Just not as religiously. I will become more okay with missing games.

#40 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

I won't follow really closely but I'd catch the odd game. If we lose (and I don't say that lightly...) I'll be devastated. It'd be too hard to watch after seeing the Wings go down.

That being said I'd have to hope the team that beat us won... at least that would take a little bit of the sting away. There's less shame losing to the champs than the guys who get beaten by the champs.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft